Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,523,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
All that being said, I can tell you why he won -- we had 20% of our eligible voters turn out ... that's how. Twenty Per Cent.
Excellent point.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:05 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Excellent point.
And Quayle got only 22% of that 20%.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:50 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,462,871 times
Twenty percent of the voters, and too many candidates. Twenty two percent of twenty percent.... by next week, with his reputation for veracity, he'll be calling that a mandate.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:01 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Excellent point.
I know, I saw the vote totals and Quayle got around 13,000 votes. 13,000 votes to essentially win a Congressional seat! That is absurd!

It is sad

Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM

1,775 posts, read 6,361,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I know, I saw the vote totals and Quayle got around 13,000 votes. 13,000 votes to essentially win a Congressional seat! That is absurd!

It is sad
He won the Congressional seat already? What did I miss? Is there no vote in November? Is he running unopposed in the general?

Old 08-27-2010, 09:08 AM

No, he's not, but it's a heavily Repubiican district. The Democrat, however, is a pretty viable opponent if the independents swing toward him, the vote gets out, and Quayle keeps looking and acting stupid. And, his opponent doesn't have to borrow children to put in his ads.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
No, he's not, but it's a heavily Repubiican district. The Democrat, however, is a pretty viable opponent if the independents swing toward him, the vote gets out, and Quayle keeps looking and acting stupid. And, his opponent doesn't have to borrow children to put in his ads.
To me, Quayle cannot lose. Let's look at the facts

1. He lied about being involved with a seedy website. There is no question or doubt about that. He first said he had no involvement in that site only to recant and say he did.

2. He sends a flier with children in it that aren't even his. Again, his intent is to mislead and provide the impression he has children to those who may not know his background.

3. He has an embarassing and poorly executed television ad. I don't like Obama but show some professionalism and don't start an ad saying "He is the Worst President of all time" It's that partisan sorrority drama that hurts this country. Instead of telling us what he is going to do to improve this country, he attacks the other side which essentially does nothing to improve jobs and help the Arizona economy among other things.

4. He has zero experience and is a carpet bagger and you have people on this thread who are not shy about saying they don't care about that.

Despite all of this, he still won the Republican primary! It just tells you what type of voting populace you are dealing with here. The guy could probably have an affair with a woman in South America and it probably wouldn't affect his status.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
He lied about being involved with a seedy website. There is no question or doubt about that.

And Elvis is alive.

And Bigfoot is real.

There is no question or doubt about that.

Again, there were lots of folks who personally knew Nik Richie (not his real name, nor the name he went by when the website was called "Dirty Scottsdale"). Knowing him does not make one guilty of anything. Someone with "personal knowledge of the situation" went on one of our local radio shows and said Nik Richie is a perpetual liar and is not telling the truth about Quayle in order to smear him.
I'm not defending Quayle and I would not vote for him if he were in my district (he seems like a typical politician). However, I don't understand why one would take a known scumbag and liar at his word. It makes no sense.
Could Quayle have been involved? Sure. So could a lot of folks, I guess. But that does not mean "there is no question or doubt about that". Maybe in your mind, I guess. But I guess Elvis lives, too.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:43 AM

The big problem is that BQ first denied having ANYTHING to do with the website, then admitted that he had. If he had just admitted his participation, even as he described it, up front and moved on, it would have reflected better on him.

Does his opponent have a huge disadvantage? Yes, of course he does, just by the numbers.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:09 AM

Quote:
The big problem is that BQ first denied having ANYTHING to do with the website, then admitted that he had. If he had just admitted his participation, even as he described it, up front and moved on, it would have reflected better on him.
I agree with this. He should have been up front. But he still denies having done many of the things (sexual things, specifically) that Nik Richie has accused him of.
I mean, we all make mistakes in our lives regarding who we become friends with (who here has never had a "questionable" friend? Or a friend who turned out to be a different person than you thought he or she was?).
Unless some proof comes out, then this really should be a non-issue, other than perhaps that Quayle wasn't completely up front to begin with (like this and the "family photo").
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area