Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 04:44 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times

Advertisements

I want to keep this topic in the Phoenix forum because I only want to hear from Phoenix Metro residents regarding this topic

Here is my question: Why would anyone vote for this young man? This is a serious question. There are 8 other candidates running. Quayle has no record of public service. He has no ties to Arizona. He spent some summer vacations here as a kid, does that make him a "4th generation Arizonan" now? I guess that means I should move to Nevada and run for office because I've been spending vacations in Las Vegas for the last 15 years. He moved here 3 years ago and it's obvious he did it to run for office. Then he lied about having ties to the Dirty Scottsdale website.

Even if you are a Republican, why would you vote for him over the other Republicans? I can understand voting on party lines but then why not vote for a different Republican candidate who has more experience and is a true resident of this state? Yet, despite all of this, he is the front runner????

If you live in District 3, I'm curious why you think he is more qualified than the others?

Old 08-12-2010, 04:57 PM

353 posts, read 657,258 times
The past 3 plus months have not been kind to AZ. This is just adding insult to injury. I feel like we're on an episode of Punk'd and everyone in the world is in on it. Right now we just can't get out of our own way. Please tell me this is some kind of joke or a nightmare so we can wake up from it. SB 1070, birther bills, inbred prison escapees, and now potatoe the sequel. Please make it stop!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:17 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,689,807 times
The fact that he was frauding about having kids doesn't help either. I'm going to be voting the tri-fecta in November it seems, going Democrat, Republican AND Independent as it seems there's a lot of crappier candidates, a lot more than usual.

The only people I KNOW I'll be voting for, for a fact, is Harry Mitchell and Tom Horne.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:18 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-PHX View Post
The past 3 plus months have not been kind to AZ. This is just adding insult to injury. I feel like we're on an episode of Punk'd and everyone in the world is in on it. Right now we just can't get out of our own way. Please tell me this is some kind of joke or a nightmare so we can wake up from it. SB 1070, birther bills, inbred prison escapees, and now potatoe the sequel. Please make it stop!
I agree. And what is sad is this guy is the front runner? How the heII is this guy the front runner? Don't people here have pride? Why would you vote for some guy who is merely using our state to promote his own career. The guy could care less about Arizona. The guy lived in New York and California and only moved here 3 years ago.....gee I wonder why.

I can understand voting for the guy if he was a talented person who started a company and created jobs or had a great record of public service even if it wasn't in Arizona, but the guy is a classic carpet bagger who has no experience, no public service record, no speaking skills (seen his commercial?) and no character (lies about something that he could have just admitted and laughed off).

Now the guy is going to win congress. Oh well, Saturday Night Live will have great new material.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,485,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree. And what is sad is this guy is the front runner? How the heII is this guy the front runner?
I would be interested to see how much of his campaign contributions are from out of state corporations/people vs. the other guys.

Last edited by roundball; 08-12-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 PM

353 posts, read 657,258 times
Hopefully he will be exposed and the voters will come to their senses. I don't know how much more we can take. Pretty soon Comedy Central will have a show based on Arizona and it's politics.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I agree. And what is sad is this guy is the front runner? How the heII is this guy the front runner? Don't people here have pride? Why would you vote for some guy who is merely using our state to promote his own career. The guy could care less about Arizona. The guy lived in New York and California and only moved here 3 years ago.....gee I wonder why.

I can understand voting for the guy if he was a talented person who started a company and created jobs or had a great record of public service even if it wasn't in Arizona, but the guy is a classic carpet bagger who has no experience, no public service record, no speaking skills (seen his commercial?) and no character (lies about something that he could have just admitted and laughed off).

Now the guy is going to win congress. Oh well, Saturday Night Live will have great new material.
Most politicians are like this. How do you think Hillary Clinton wound up in NY? Its just life, although I've got to say I'm dismayed by most of the candidates this year. Very few that just jump out of me like "damn" i'm impressed by him."

Truth be told, out of a crop of lame candidates, I'd FAR prefer Vernon Parker over Quayle who is simply here because of his last name and his latching on to the Tea-Party movement.

Same thing with Hayworth who is pure scum, a true dirtbag, yet he latched on to the Tea-Party movement and has reinvented himself as a dedicated "outsider." What a crock!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-PHX View Post
Hopefully he will be exposed and the voters will come to their senses. I don't know how much more we can take. Pretty soon Comedy Central will have a show based on Arizona and it's politics.

Meh, California, Michigan and Louisiana should be ahead for dysfunctional political systems. California has been happily cutting their own wrists for decades. The governor of California probably is the most impotent of all governor's, regardless of who it is in office. The Legislature is taking that whole state straight down a cliff.

I'm not EVEN going to mention Illinois. Just refuse to go there.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,519,794 times
Quayle isn't in my district, so I don't know much about him (haven't researched). But it seems his name is what is carrying him more than anything. Like I said, I don't know much about him, so I have no idea if I would vote for him or not if he were in my district. I'm just stating that, in my opinion, most likely his name/family is the reason he is the front-runner.

Quote:
Hayworth who is pure scum, a true dirtbag
While I'm not a big fan of any politician that has spent a lot of time in D.C. (that place tends to change people, and not for the better), I think Hayworth is head-and-shoulders above McCain.

Old 08-13-2010, 10:26 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
I wouldn't vote for anyone that is a carpetbagger politician but this is not uncommon. Hilary did it. Alan Keyes tried it. This is not the first or the last time.

Thanks for putting this out there. I'm a new AZ resident and need to start doing some research on who is running for office come November. At this point I don't even know which district I'm in (live in Tempe). Does AZ send out voter cards? I registered a few weeks ago but have not recieved a card yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area