Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Ponderosa

The only silver lining to Quayle winning is you know he is likely a libertarian. He is clearly not a social conservative. Look at his background. He was raised on the East Coast., attended a socially liberal school like Duke (Duke might be in the South but its students are from the East Coast) and lived in NYC and SF. At least he is a moderate however undeserving he was to win the office. And the guy worked for Dirty Scottsdale so I doubt he is a puritan.
I agree with you. A few posts back I said he may turn out to be more moderate that most of the other candidates. I doubt the partisans reasoned the way you are though. I think they got all warm and fuzzy over his Obama bashing.

Old 08-25-2010, 03:59 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,317,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I agree with you. A few posts back I said he may turn out to be more moderate that most of the other candidates. I doubt the partisans reasoned the way you are though. I think they got all warm and fuzzy over his Obama bashing.
It's kind of sad, all you have to say is Obama is the worst President in history and you too can become a congressman in Arizona as long as your dad is rich! Something to think about for all you bored trust fund babies out there.

Seriously, the guy who owns the Dirty should run for office too. Why not!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM

353 posts, read 657,978 times
Thanks District 3. Now the whole world can continue to pile on Arizona. How can you have voted for this guy with a straight face? Ben Quayle? Come on! You must be joking!

Old 08-25-2010, 04:51 PM

2,942 posts, read 6,523,678 times
Quote:
Don't agree about KKK (that's for Republicans), but Commies and atheists, yes, that might be right. About 1/3 of partisans are at the fringes on both ends. Maybe more these days when the moderates of each party have registered independent.
Actually, there were more Democrats that were in the KKK than republicans (yes, I know it's hard to believe, but some Democrats are racists. Shocking! Like Senator "KKK" Byrd....).

Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie_az View Post
Actually, there were more Democrats that were in the KKK than republicans (yes, I know it's hard to believe, but some Democrats are racists. Shocking! Like Senator "KKK" Byrd....).
Yes, I know that argument. But that was way back when the Democrats were the bad guys on race and the Republicans were following in Lincoln's tradition. I think it is safe to say the roles have been reversed since Lyndon Johnson pushed for the Civil Rights Act and chased many of the bigots into the Republican camp.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:58 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX-PHX View Post
Thanks District 3. Now the whole world can continue to pile on Arizona. How can you have voted for this guy with a straight face? Ben Quayle? Come on! You must be joking!

Exactly, what is your problem with Quayle?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
It's kind of sad, all you have to say is Obama is the worst President in history and you too can become a congressman in Arizona as long as your dad is rich! Something to think about for all you bored trust fund babies out there.

Seriously, the guy who owns the Dirty should run for office too. Why not!
That's pretty much the way it was being reported on the national news today.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,295,426 times
It is my understanding that the former Vice President DID NOT front the money for the campaign.

Does anyone have a different understanding?

Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is my understanding that the former Vice President DID NOT front the money for the campaign.

Does anyone have a different understanding?
That is everyone's understanding so I fail to understand the point of this response. What everyone has maintained is that Quayle received money from his father's connections ie Bush family among other contributors. So in essence his funding came from his father's sources so his father was indirectly responsible for him getting elected. When you are the former Vice President of the United States, you don't need to front your own money to get your son elected, you simply have to make a few phone calls. Also, his funding was not that much to a powerful political family. A million dollars is a drop in the bucket to these guys with regard to campaign contributions.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Exactly, what is your problem with Quayle?
Exactly what is your reason for supporting Quayle? What is it is record of public service? Was it his record of serving a community in a capacity that created jobs or improved people's lives? Was it his experience living in Arizona and understanding the community he is trying to represent? Was it is the character he demonstrated when he lied about working for DirtyScottsdale.com?

Perhaps you are seeing something I'm not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area