Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 12:30 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Pinnacle Peak Patio is my fave in the area. Black Angus was ok, but kinda bland.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2007, 01:46 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Pinnacle Peak Patio is my fave in the area. Black Angus was ok, but kinda bland.
Pinnacle Peak was always my favorite too, but it's been ten years since I've been there. I mostly liked it because of the setting, and I always made sure my guests wore a tie!

Old 07-23-2007, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
Pinnacle Peak was always my favorite too, but it's been ten years since I've been there. I mostly liked it because of the setting, and I always made sure my guests wore a tie!
LOL

Did they nail it to the ceiling, along with the thousands of others?

Last time I went, it was a bit of a disappointment for several reasons: A) the steaks werent as good B)the prices jumped $3 a steak and C) they only had the patio open, no indoor dining. It would have been ok if it was in October, but it was 100 degrees out that night and I was sweating just sitting there. The Garth Brooks-wannabe singer was soaked from head-to-toe.

Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,441 times
Quote:
Did they nail it to the ceiling, along with the thousands of others?
Oh yeah! They claim to have cut over a million ties.

There's also a Pinnacle Peak steakhouse down here in Tucson. It's out on Tanque Verde in a place called Trail Dust Town. Same thing, steak is average to good, sometimes great. But it's a fun place to take guests from out of town. A train runs around the place, it looks like an old west town and they have gunfights. It's goofy, but it's fun, once or twice a year.

Old 07-23-2007, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
Oh yeah! They claim to have cut over a million ties.

There's also a Pinnacle Peak steakhouse down here in Tucson. It's out on Tanque Verde in a place called Trail Dust Town. Same thing, steak is average to good, sometimes great. But it's a fun place to take guests from out of town. A train runs around the place, it looks like an old west town and they have gunfights. It's goofy, but it's fun, once or twice a year.
Ill have to check that out sometime, I was severely unimpressed with Tucson. The place you speak of reminds me of Rawhide, which is now located off of I-10 somewhere south of Scottsdale.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:02 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
I have heard of a Brasilian steakhouse. Some friends went there and raved about it! Now if I could just remember the name and where it's at.
They have one in Old Town Scottsdale and Ahwatukee, I went to the one in Scottsdale and in my opinion it was a big waste of money. I prefer Ruth Chris in the Biltmore area.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,951,960 times
Quote:
Pinnacle Peak patio was ok, I used to eat at Black Angus all the time but the last 2 times the service and the food were horrible. We raved about it to our friends when we took them there. It was so embarrasing, our silverwear was filthy our plates were filthy, our food took a long time to get to us and it was horrible. Our friend complained to the manger and the manager couldn't care less. We tried it once more after that and the chicken in my wagon wheel sampler was ice cold That was it.

Old 07-23-2007, 08:52 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,249,400 times
Everyone is raving about Ruth's Chris so I think it's down to that or the Brasilian place. Unless anybody else posts. You guys rock. Thanks again y'all!

Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 PM

202 posts, read 981,002 times
Quote:
Ill have to check that out sometime, I was severely unimpressed with Tucson. The place you speak of reminds me of Rawhide, which is now located off of I-10 somewhere south of Scottsdale.
It's south of Ahwatukee, it's out past Firebird now.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:38 PM

202 posts, read 981,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Everyone is raving about Ruth's Chris so I think it's down to that or the Brasilian place. Unless anybody else posts. You guys rock. Thanks again y'all!
Make sure you order the filet. They have lots of stuff on the menu... but everyone goes there for the filet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area