Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,815,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Egads, yet another person opining on Phoenix who does not live here. Go away.
No.

In case you hadn't noticed, this is a relocation forum. Most of the posts are pertinent to people trying to make a decision on whether to relocate to a certain area....asking questions about it, etc. I've lived in Phoenix as well as in Carefree and Flagstaff and have every right to "opine".

If you have problems with my posts, kindly report them to a moderator rather than take it upon yourself to tell me to "go away".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Sure thing. Unfortunately, I actually had to pick up a piece of paper and pencil to write down your name to block you - sounds like a foreign name to me. Those don't work too well around these parts.
This has been reported.

My name is the name of a Native Alaskan village, FYI. Nothing at all foreign about that, my dear.

Metlakatla Indian Community - Community Origins

Kindly educate yourself before you continue to embarrass yourself with ridiculous comments.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:26 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,322,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
People on the AZ forum who gripe about Phoenix lack credibility, but 700 people represent the majority of 1.6 million.
People who dislike where they live don't always move away. Some just cannot afford it, while others get relocated due to career reasons. The word "like" is a very broad-based term when used in this context.
That is a fair point, 700 people is not enough people to make a statement one way or the other. At the same time, the voters were selected randomly so to discredit it merely because it includes 700 people is well.......

And please...with the "people can hate it here but are just unable to move argument" because there are plenty of places with a much lower cost of living and better job prospects. People are either too lazy to move or do not hate this area as much as they let on.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-26-2011 at 11:35 PM..

Old 03-26-2011, 11:32 PM

5,546 posts, read 10,012,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
That is a fair point, 700 people is not enough people to make a statement one way or the other. At the same time, the voters were selected randomly so to discredit it merely because it includes 700 people is well.......
No, actually we are dealing with stats here. N=100.. I am sure you are all familiar with this, right?

Old 03-26-2011, 11:39 PM

Quote:
No, actually we are dealing with stats here. N=100.. I am sure you are all familiar with this, right?
Can you clarify what your point is...assuming you have one

Old 03-26-2011, 11:40 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
Quote:
Again, off topic.

This is about stats and the Phoenix area. I am sure the AZ Republic had SOME investment in printing the article. I am also sure a Phoenix based research firm was not the best choice..
Quote:
You are re-phrasing my post. I never said I was SURE of anything, other than it makes for good press to include a survey done by one of your own (almost sort of like incest) to boost ratings. I merely questioned what the AZ Republic could have as an incentive to print such a thing?

I also did not bring up irrelevant things, rather someone else.
Yes, you did. Your post so stating is quoted above. I rephrased nothing, although I capitalized the wrong four letter word starting with S. My apologies. You did in fact say you were sure the paper had some investment in printing the article, so you can't say you never said it, capitalized or not..

Pubilc opinion polls are news. It's what newspapers print. "Good press to include a survey by one of your own"??? What does THAT mean? There's no corporate relationship between the Republic or Behavior Research. "Incest" ? "Boost ratings"? Sorry, still don't get where you are coming from.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Sure thing. Unfortunately, I actually had to pick up a piece of paper and pencil to write down your name to block you - sounds like a foreign name to me. Those don't work too well around these parts.
Here's some more information for you, Misty, regarding my user name here:

Quote:
Metlakatla is from Maxłakxaała, a Tsimshian word meaning "Salt Water Passage." Metlakatla was named after another village of the same name ("Old Metlakatla") in British Columbia, which is on Metlakatla Pass, near Prince Rupert. In a more ancient time, it was a Tlingit hunting ground known as "Taquan". The Tsimshians were granted permission to own the land by Chief Johnson of the Tlinget tribe.
Metlakatla, Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose now you'll start shrieking that this is off topic. Too bad. Your comments about it being a "foreign name" warrant setting you straight concerning the facts.

Your racist comments don't work too well around these parts.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:46 PM

17,915 posts, read 43,472,793 times
700 people can be a statistically appropriate random sample. Valid polls on statewide issues are done with that number of responses.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
700 people can be a statistically appropriate random sample. Valid polls on statewide issues are done with that number of responses.
Exactly, when medical research is conducted, do people assume their research is based on a sample population of 300 million let alone 100,000 people?

Old 03-27-2011, 12:07 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,652,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Here's some more information for you, Misty, regarding my user name here:

Metlakatla, Alaska - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I suppose now you'll start shrieking that this is off topic. Too bad. Your comments about it being a "foreign name" warrant setting you straight concerning the facts.

Your racist comments don't work too well around these parts.

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.....ha
Good one Metlakatla
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area