Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 01:41 PM

3,941 posts, read 6,736,527 times

Advertisements

Heck, why wait? Come this week! Expected high is supposed to be between 115-116!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 02:48 PM

54 posts, read 188,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
Heck, why wait? Come this week! Expected high is supposed to be between 115-116!
Lol! Yeah I definitely would! It would be really cool (not literally=)) to experience that high temperature!

I can't get off work though and later in the fall I'm going to Miami and then Toronto so experiencing the heat of Phoenix does have to wait to next summer.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:58 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,076,577 times
lots of comments here.....

June is traditionally very hot and very dry...higher daytime temps and lower nighttime temps than July, on average....

because of the increased humidity, July high temps are just a little bit lower and nighttime just a little higher (less temp swing in high humidity), on average.....

if you want pure desert-like dry and hot conditions, try mid-late June at about 3pm.....if you also want miserable humidity (>10% to us!!!), try July, but that may not feel much different than other places in the US which always have humidity.....

I'd go for the June visit just to get the dry thing, which is unique to here, of course.....try to get out in the real desert just out of town, walk around, exert yourself, sweat a bit.......then get back in your car, which you left closed up/windows up, no shade screen, take a drink of hot water, touch the steering wheel and seat if you can and get yo ass to an ice cream place and cool down.....that'll be just another day for us locals in June

Old 08-23-2011, 03:33 PM

54 posts, read 188,202 times
Thanks for great answers!

Old 08-23-2011, 05:24 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,104,858 times
Just got out of the pool.

I've taken colder baths.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,619,598 times
I'd say it's mid August. Like right now!

Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 AM

896 posts, read 268,563 times
I'm going to flip the question a bit and state which month I hate the heat the most in PHX. I can't stand the end of September/begining of October. I like the heat of the summer, it dosen't really bother me unitl the end. It gets to the point, I've had enough already and want it to cool down. The temps might just be breaking into the 100's at this point, but I hate it more than a 110 day in July!

Old 09-04-2011, 03:29 PM

8,046 posts, read 12,288,020 times
At this point, I think it's pretty safe to conclude that August can be just as bad (if not worse) than July as far as the heat is concerned. We just experienced not only the hottest August on record, but we tied for the hottest MONTH ever in Phoenix!

To say that the peak of our heat always occurs in late June or July is not completely accurate. Even during the worst June heatwaves, the overnight lows would usually be in the 70s or 80s ... but during these major July & August heatwaves, we're lucky if the late night/early morning temps drop below 90 degrees.

The averages speak for themselves, and I posted them earlier in this thread. It proved that June is actually the coolest of the three hottest summer months.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:51 PM

344 posts, read 813,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
June is actually the coolest of the three hottest summer months.
Numbers can easily mislead, including that conclusion.

June's average is lower mainly because temps escalate througout some of the month. In terms of highest absolute temps the last several weeks of June are the highest, along with early July prior to the onset of monsoon season.

This August's temp records approach those of mid-late June through early July, but this August was above normal.

Probably being the only one on here who rides a motorcycle each day in this weather, and being outside alot and not at all in need of constant escape to AC like most in Phoenix who seem to hate this weather (I don't, that's why i like it here), I can say that early June through early Sept (approx) are all equally hot when factoring in all variables such as temp and humidity-throughout these months, temps and humidity work in inverse proportion and create about the same feeling.

Last edited by sunluv; 09-05-2011 at 05:03 PM..

Old 09-05-2011, 05:23 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
Get through sept & you're good to for the next 6 months. Az is nice from oct through march & sometimes april.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area