Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 04:28 PM

205 posts, read 296,619 times

Advertisements

I don't mind the "3" realtors on here especially since the information they post tends to be quite useful and usually more objective (numerical data).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 04:33 PM

517 posts, read 1,704,276 times
It's also possible some anon usernames are being used on the forum to bolster certain posters

Seen it all before.....

Last edited by Guitarmaan; 04-17-2012 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: addition of another line

Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
There are way to many realtors posting here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarmaan View Post
Agreed. Helpful information is one thing, but endless property ramping is something else. Thanks for saying what I was thinking.
Quote:
It's also possible some anon usernames are being used on the forum to bolster certain posters
Seen it all before.....
I spend time compiling data to update the readers on the forum who are interested in knowing whats going on in the Phoenix market. What I post is information that readers cannot get anywhere else. Because of that, the readers here have known what is happening in the market long before people who only listen to the TV and print media.

If you are not interested in the information I post, I certainly understand, and you are quite welcome to ignore my posts.

If you would like to make a complaint about Realtors on the forum, then I suggest that you make it directly to the moderators of City Data, because according to the information they have for Realtors, they welcome us.
Quote:
Quote from City-Data info for Realtors..........
Realtors, Hello, and welcome to City-Data, we're glad you're here. We appreciate our Realtor members, they provide a wealth of insightful help to our readers.
Now if you have some information to contribute to the thread about the Phoenix market, I would love to hear it. And I'm sure the other readers on this thread, who are interested in learning more about what's happening in our Phoenix real estate market, will love to hear it also.

But going off topic to complain about Realtors is not helping the readers of this thread.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:01 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:

Seen it all before.....
You need to give our moderators a little more credit. Every poster has an IP address. For instance, the moderators could see that I'm posting from Andover, MN (using Comcast).

A certain poster on this board shares a lot of Mike Orr's data. That data helped me time the market. So while others thought the market was going to tank, I jumped before the masses. So +1 for those "certain posters".

Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain bill View Post
now if you have some information to contribute to the thread about the phoenix market, i would love to hear it.
+1.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,132,405 times
Why would one prefer to discuss real estate without anyone in the discussion who actually works in the field? As it is (with the 3-ish we have), the discussion is already mostly this: "I think real estate is going up," and "I think it's going down".

If anyone thinks I'm here a realtor in hiding or as a realtor-supporter in disguise, I guess you've missed my head-butts with the realtors on this forum. And my posts about Freakonomics. And my suggestions to FSBO.

Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM

681 posts, read 1,560,431 times
I also appreciate the 3 local realtors who are regular contributors on this forum... I'm posting from Calgary, so it's a pretty safe bet that I'm not one of them!

I have always found all 3 to add useful, factual information and they are in no way self promoting or telling people to "buy homes now!!" They simply provide data, that many of us do not have access to, as well as provide answers to questions about specific neighborhoods and businesses.

I'm pretty darn grateful that they take the time to contribute as much as they do

Old 04-17-2012, 05:46 PM

6,069 posts, read 14,777,192 times
Default It's a Sellers Market in Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post

A certain poster on this board shares a lot of Mike Orr's data. That data helped me time the market. So while others thought the market was going to tank, I jumped before the masses. So +1 for those "certain posters".
On Channel 3, Frank Camacho (sp) just now did a segment telling people that "IT'S A SELLERS MARKET". He said the declining inventory along with many buyers has caused price increases. As Gomer Pyle (for those of you old enough to remember him) would say: "Surprise---Surprise---Surprise".

Had you waited, and not paid attention to Mike Orr's data, then you would be learning only today that homes are getting multiple offers and it's difficult to buy one.

The segment did not differentiate price ranges. As we know the inventory is different in all price ranges, and the amount of increase varies also in different ranges.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyFreddy View Post
If anyone thinks I'm here a realtor in hiding or as a realtor-supporter in disguise, I guess you've missed my head-butts with the realtors on this forum. ... And my suggestions to FSBO.
Same here. Jump back to early 2009 though late 2010. I proposed that the Phoenix market was going to drop. I also butted heads with "a certain poster". Later, I met this "certain poster" and he turned out to be a great guy and passionate about RE to boot.

Back to the topic at hand. If people want to know what is going on with the Phoenix RE market, buy the Cromford report. After all, this Mike Orr guy (who I have never met) is sooooooooo in tune with what is happening in the Phoenix marketplace. I still like to look at what others think simple because I LOVE the topic of Real Estate and I like to see what others are thinking. But why should I trust some writer from NYC to tell me what is going on in Phoenix?

Old 04-17-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Personally I think there are 3 things that will determine what's going to happen with home appreciation within the next year. 1.The election. 2. Gas prices 3. The perception of the economy at ground level to include food costs,inflation and unemployment rate or stability of people's current job.
Jimj. I agree with you on bullet 2 and 3. I hear so many people taking about how the election matters when it comes to the economy. IMHO, it matters in the long term (policies like healthcare, debt, etc) but I don't think it matters to 90% of the people from now till the end of the year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area