Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 09:48 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,363,374 times

Advertisements

With regard to Jamison and the ownership group, there has been a lot of rhetoric from some city of Glendale council members and Jamison himself but nothing concrete has emerged. I'll believe it if and when it happens. I do think the more the Coyotes win, the greater a sense of urgency for Jamison to step up and make a deal happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 AM

6,409 posts, read 9,039,563 times
Going for a two game advantage tonight. It's a shame the game is not broadcast locally (as far as I can tell). Wish I had the extra dough to hang out in a bar. Get the job done, Yotes and I'll scrap up some cash for a game in the next round.

Let's go!

Old 04-29-2012, 11:47 AM

17,916 posts, read 43,585,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Going for a two game advantage tonight. It's a shame the game is not broadcast locally (as far as I can tell). Wish I had the extra dough to hang out in a bar. Get the job done, Yotes and I'll scrap up some cash for a game in the next round.

Let's go!

Game 1 was broadcast locally (not on local TV channel) so I assume Game 2 is the same. I have DirecTV, not one of the really premium packages, and I got it.

Old 04-29-2012, 03:14 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,288,141 times
Yep ... check the former Vs network - now NBC Sports Net

not sure what your provider is, but on DTV it's channel 603

the first round is carried by the local networks in conjunction with the NBC stations ...... they frequently would use local broadcasts on their stations and had expanded coverage this year on CNBC

the 2nd round on will be a cominbation of NBC Sports and big NBC with the local teams calling it a year

part of the NHL TV package and not a local issue at all

Old 04-29-2012, 06:45 PM

6,409 posts, read 9,039,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
Yep ... check the former Vs network - now NBC Sports Net

not sure what your provider is, but on DTV it's channel 603

the first round is carried by the local networks in conjunction with the NBC stations ...... they frequently would use local broadcasts on their stations and had expanded coverage this year on CNBC

the 2nd round on will be a cominbation of NBC Sports and big NBC with the local teams calling it a year

part of the NHL TV package and not a local issue at all
I don't get NBC Sports. By "local" I mean the local NBC affiliate. There's no reason a playoff game should not be aired on regular cable in each locale. Not a smart move by the NHL.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 PM

2,338 posts, read 4,740,897 times
Given that this team has been "orphans" for a few years now, they are a battle tested bunch. I bet they'd of lost to Chicago if Bryzgalov was still in goal judging by his shaky performances in Philly thus far. Smith is the man ! I hope this run will keep the team around. Especially if they win the West (either STL or LA). They held serve at home and if they get a split in Nashville, they'll still be in the drivers seat up 3-1. Very impressed with their resolve with all these OT games.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,288,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
I don't get NBC Sports. By "local" I mean the local NBC affiliate. There's no reason a playoff game should not be aired on regular cable in each locale. Not a smart move by the NHL.
Versus was getting to be pretty widely carried on most basic cable packages ....... with NBC now owning it (subsequently owned by comcast) and throwing a ton of resources into building the network I'm sure you'll see it pretty standard as the contracts come up with the various providers

It's a new 10 year deal worth $2B, will result in over 100 nationally televised regular season games .... they are pretty much "it" for NBC and will get all the attention, focus and air time

This (and HDtv) is a big reason why viewership is up 84% over the prior 4 years

It's already paying dividends and will pay off more in the future ......... if it was just stand alone Vs they re-upped with I would agree with you

However, with the weight of NBC & comcast it changes the complexion

Old 04-30-2012, 09:00 AM

2,852 posts, read 4,521,309 times
2-0 Coyotes.

Keep going, Yotes, keep going.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
620 will not every discuss the coyotes ....... they aren't the flagship and it's not what they are founded on ...... their money is suns, cardinals & asu
Gambo and Ash used to discuss the Coyotes frequently particularly Gambo because he is a New Yorker and Rangers fan. For the longest time, they were the only real hockey radio show in town. Bickley and MJ discuss hockey too but most of their hockey talk is interviewing Shane Doan and just b.s.ing with him about non-hockey related material whereas Gambo and Ash used to actually discuss the hockey itself and the players.

Since Gambo and Ash were broken up and Gambo is now with Burns, they don't really discuss hockey any longer because Burns is clueless. I can't believe KTAR replaced Gambo and Ash with Doug and Wolfe. The latter are horrible. I wish another local station picked up Gambo and Ash.

In terms of sports and who covers what best, I would say
Suns - Gambo and Burns: Gambo is Suns insider
Cardinals - Bickley and MJ
D-backs - Doug and Wolf
Coyotes - Bickley and MJ (for now)

Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
2-0 Coyotes.

Keep going, Yotes, keep going.
This series is far from over. Some fans are already discussing a potential sweep but this is a very good team and their fans are going to be as energetic as ours. I was at the game last night. Probably the best Coyotes game I've ever been to...the energy of the crowd and the place was hopping. I swear I counted maybe 12 yellow jerseys in the entire building. It was 99% Coyotes fans
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area