Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:22 AM

681 posts, read 1,562,478 times

Advertisements

Furnished our entire house from Pruitt's last July. We wasted a lot of time looking at Ashley, Mor and The Room Store and then realized they basically all sell the same stuff but Pruitt's has the best prices and they don't haggle. They have a location in Peoria - so it would be handy for you.

Fantastic customer service too.

The only thing we didn't buy from Pruitt's was our mattresses - picked those up at R & S. Also very happy with their customer service and pricing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2012, 11:26 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,710,858 times
+1 for Craigslist, when my parents came down to furnish their winter place we got everything in one weekend off Craigslist. Amazing deals, I think furnishing the whole house was $2k, and that included a matched pair of leather lazy boys, leather sofa, someone's never-slept-in guest-room bed, a nice dinette set, art, lamps & a new tv from Costco. You don't need to make your credit-cards scream if you don't want to.

Old 05-21-2012, 11:47 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,136,856 times
Pruitt's and Craigslist are good, too. I usually do great on Craigslist but I had two bummer issues this year. One seller no-showed for an appt. to see his sectional, which was a 40 mile round-trip drive for me, for nothing. Another decided she wanted more $ than we'd previously agreed upon for her patio set, which was her full asking price.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:34 PM

40 posts, read 82,333 times
Hi

Thanks. I am allowing around $3,000 for bed set, sofa, bar stools, TV and stand for TV. Craiglist is out for me as I need delivery.

Thanks

Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 PM

6,341 posts, read 14,710,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosscountryski View Post
Hi

Thanks. I am allowing around $3,000 for bed set, sofa, bar stools, TV and stand for TV. Craiglist is out for me as I need delivery.

Thanks
There are guys on Craigslist who will pick up and deliver furniture that you buy on Craigslist, or even at retail stores.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM

246 posts, read 401,771 times
Another thumbs up for craigslist. We've bought a number of furniture pieces/sets for our house we moved into in March, and in the end we've outfitted our house with nice furniture for a whole lot less than if we'd bought it in the stores, even on sale. You do have to be aware while shopping in craigslist, as not everything is priced so reasonably, and once in awhile you find yourself dealing with someone who is a bit strange/flaky, but still that's the best route to go for value. For delivery, you could even go rent a U-Haul truck for the day or something and still be well ahead in the end.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 AM

768 posts, read 1,761,770 times
Phoenix metro is ground zero for furniture consignment stores! Many of which have delivery services that are very reasonable.

Also estate.net and auctionzip.com are great resources for sales and auctions.

Never pay retail - PHX is a swing-town...lots of people moving in and out and paying full price for furniture and accessories is a huge waste of money! Good luck!

Old 05-22-2012, 03:55 PM

391 posts, read 789,122 times
Some people are better at Craiglist than others. We tried Craigslist but driving all over town and living without furniture and arranging delivery and spending days looking, was not for us. Tried that and mainly failed. Although we have managed to get a fair amount of "stuff" off there.

If we lived here full time, maybe, or just need certain pieces but when you only get so many days to enjoy Phoenix, you don't want to spend them working Craigslist.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:46 PM

453 posts, read 1,630,068 times
I just got a solid marble top coffee table weighing almost 200 pounds for $50 on craigslist, not one mar or nick on it. Beautiful!!!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:13 PM

2,879 posts, read 7,787,475 times
Leunen Sofa Factory in Tucson....lifetime guarantee on frame. Belgian family owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area