Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:31 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,273,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by adele b View Post
i was actually looking at maybe 400.00 on rent. i will look on craigslist for shared/room housing. think that might be the best thing. however starting out when i get there after 5 days of driving i will prob stay at a hotel. i want some roommates to help me know the area or i'd never leave my place. i tend to get lost.
i live in a small ass town in ky and if u take out the 4 small factories that have about 300 jobs each there might be about 500 jobs for everyone else. and u wonder y i have unemployment. there are not enough jobs here for more than half the population. hense that is y i am moving to a bigger area. i have a small amt of money saved for the move just got to find a job so that i do not have to use it. my car has been running good for too long, if u know what i mean. it costs a fortune to fix too.
i just do not want to move back to ky. land of the no opportunity. just got to have a job when i move there. didnt want to get there anad be jobless like here.
thanks for ur help.
I really advise you not to rent a room from someone you do not know. I did that for years, and every single one ended up in disaster. I used to live here and they are not bad. They are $400 a month, but of course you will have electric on top of that. They are centrally located so with everything you need in walking distance.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...ellridge/5922/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 PM

196 posts, read 263,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I really advise you not to rent a room from someone you do not know. I did that for years, and every single one ended up in disaster. I used to live here and they are not bad. They are $400 a month, but of course you will have electric on top of that. They are centrally located so with everything you need in walking distance.

http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartm...ellridge/5922/
awesome. that is cheaper than roommates and i can live alone. is there a swimming pool? i must have access to a pool- helps me de-stress. i have a lot of stress too. just saying. how much does the electric run, about 100.00?? it didnt list the amenities... any other cool ones... like fitness center, laundry room??? and i assume they are not furnished?? stupid question I know. that causes me to buy stuff and i am trying not to until i have my own home and set in a job. guess i will just have to c about what kind of job i get and how much money i have to spend as spare money. hense that is y i wanted to live with ppl to use their stuff while saving for a house. c what i'm saying?

Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 PM

Quote:
awesome. that is cheaper than roommates and i can live alone. is there a swimming pool? i must have access to a pool- helps me de-stress. i have a lot of stress too. just saying. how much does the electric run, about 100.00?? it didnt list the amenities... any other cool ones... like fitness center, laundry room??? and i assume they are not furnished?? stupid question I know. that causes me to buy stuff and i am trying not to until i have my own home and set in a job. guess i will just have to c about what kind of job i get and how much money i have to spend as spare money. hense that is y i wanted to live with ppl to use their stuff while saving for a house. c what i'm saying?
Yes they have a pool but they are not furnished. The electric bill will depend on how you set the A/C. I never had a bill over $100. I see what you are saying, but trust me renting a room is not a good idea. I rented a total of ten rooms from different people from 2006-2010. Every single one had problems and I got tired of moving all the time. I am so much happier since I got my own apartment. Since you asked, here is the amenities at Bellridge:

Lighted tennis court
French doors*
Huge over sized closets*
Newly remodeled
Convenient to freeways, shopping
Water/sewer/ trash included
Fitness facility
Resident clubhouse
24-hour emergency maintenance
Patios/balconies
Therapy spa
Additional storage
Billiard room
sparkling pool
on bus line
*Select units
24 hour emergency maintenance
Courtesy Patrol

Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Yes they have a pool but they are not furnished. The electric bill will depend on how you set the A/C. I never had a bill over $100. I see what you are saying, but trust me renting a room is not a good idea. I rented a total of ten rooms from different people from 2006-2010. Every single one had problems and I got tired of moving all the time. I am so much happier since I got my own apartment. Since you asked, here is the amenities at Bellridge:

Lighted tennis court
French doors*
Huge over sized closets*
Newly remodeled
Convenient to freeways, shopping
Water/sewer/ trash included
Fitness facility
Resident clubhouse
24-hour emergency maintenance
Patios/balconies
Therapy spa
Additional storage
Billiard room
sparkling pool
on bus line
*Select units
24 hour emergency maintenance
Courtesy Patrol
they do look nice. and i like the amenities. i found an apt capri or something in 50th ave/st or something in phx for like 490.00 looks nice if all the rooms looked that nice and its furnished. i will just have to see where i get a job at honestly. i will prob end up getting a apt and deal with myself instead of loud roommates. i must study my college stuff in silence so a apt might be the best idea. it all depends where i get a job tho. i like to do some research first before i get on the road. do some pre-planning.
i really only care about a job. housing well, that can wait. have to see how much money i make. hw much u think a supermarket person would make an hr? like 9.00 or 10.00 --- 9 or 10.00 is like real good money in KY, well my area. i cannot afford nothing on that since i drive a ways to work.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
they do look nice. and i like the amenities. i found an apt capri or something in 50th ave/st or something in phx for like 490.00 looks nice if all the rooms looked that nice and its furnished. i will just have to see where i get a job at honestly. i will prob end up getting a apt and deal with myself instead of loud roommates. i must study my college stuff in silence so a apt might be the best idea. it all depends where i get a job tho. i like to do some research first before i get on the road. do some pre-planning.
i really only care about a job. housing well, that can wait. have to see how much money i make. hw much u think a supermarket person would make an hr? like 9.00 or 10.00 --- 9 or 10.00 is like real good money in KY, well my area. i cannot afford nothing on that since i drive a ways to work.
Las Vegas and Phoenix are comparable in cost of living so this should be relevant. I can tell you that I made $9.50 an hour/40 hours a week for the last 5 years, and always had extra money to spend, even after I got my own place. In the supermarket your salary could vary. Anywhere from minimum wage as a bagger or stocker to $15+ as a cashier. It all depends. When I was in Phoenix I was an entry level PCA. You might want to look into that as the job is really easy and rewarding. You do not need any experience, and women are much more in demand than men are in that field so you will have no problem in getting enough hours.

PCA Job Description | eHow.com

Old 05-23-2012, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Las Vegas and Phoenix are comparable in cost of living so this should be relevant. I can tell you that I made $9.50 an hour/40 hours a week for the last 5 years, and always had extra money to spend, even after I got my own place. In the supermarket your salary could vary. Anywhere from minimum wage as a bagger or stocker to $15+ as a cashier. It all depends. When I was in Phoenix I was an entry level PCA. You might want to look into that as the job is really easy and rewarding. You do not need any experience, and women are much more in demand than men are in that field so you will have no problem in getting enough hours.

here is the link to the other place i was looking at... its furnished-- forgot to add the link earlier Capri on Camelback Apartments - Phoenix Apartments For Rent | Phoenix, AZ 85018

9.50 at 40hrs seems like a good job. wow, i'd imagine that i need more money to make it. i know a question i needed to ask.. car insurance i have to get some at compreshensive. how much does that run... i pay high rates now of 208.00 every 3 months on a 98 grand prix. i know that some food is a lot lower than it is here. i was shocked. figured in a big city it would be high but looks like in a small town it was higher. weird.
15.00 as a cashier.. wow. that is good. its lik 8.00 here. i was looking at stocking or something like that. maybe a cashier would work. i'd have to learn to not run my mouth to people... hahaha.
i will def take a look at that job. i know nothing about jobs. we lonely have a few types so it explains why i have no idea what a pca is, i'm guessing like accounting. haha. bet i'm wrong. i still have like a yr left on college so a non stressful job would be awesome. i'm sure u know what i mean. i love silence which i never get here with my parents and brother.
and thank you so much for helping me with your suggestions. if u need any help with anything just msg me, anytime.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
here is the link to the other place i was looking at... its furnished-- forgot to add the link earlier Capri on Camelback Apartments - Phoenix Apartments For Rent | Phoenix, AZ 85018

9.50 at 40hrs seems like a good job. wow, i'd imagine that i need more money to make it. i know a question i needed to ask.. car insurance i have to get some at compreshensive. how much does that run... i pay high rates now of 208.00 every 3 months on a 98 grand prix. i know that some food is a lot lower than it is here. i was shocked. figured in a big city it would be high but looks like in a small town it was higher. weird.
15.00 as a cashier.. wow. that is good. its lik 8.00 here. i was looking at stocking or something like that. maybe a cashier would work. i'd have to learn to not run my mouth to people... hahaha.
i will def take a look at that job. i know nothing about jobs. we lonely have a few types so it explains why i have no idea what a pca is, i'm guessing like accounting. haha. bet i'm wrong. i still have like a yr left on college so a non stressful job would be awesome. i'm sure u know what i mean. i love silence which i never get here with my parents and brother.
and thank you so much for helping me with your suggestions. if u need any help with anything just msg me, anytime.
Those apartments you linked to are nice, although more expensive. The $15 I quoted for cashiers would be for union jobs, like at Safeway or Albertsons. As far as a PCA, it is basically someone who takes care of disabled people. Some are companship only, and those are the clients I requested. It is very easy and not stressful. My last client I had was a 90 year old woman who just wanted a someone to stay in the house to make her feel safe. I "worked" from 7 PM- 7AM. I used to sleep 8 hours of my shift while she slept. I got $10 an hour, and worked 60 hours a week. Basically, I made $700 a week (including overtime) for doing absolutely nothing. It would be great for you as you could do your homework while on the job. I will repost the link for you to read below.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Those apartments you linked to are nice, although more expensive. The $15 I quoted for cashiers would be for union jobs, like at Safeway or Albertsons. As far as a PCA, it is basically someone who takes care of disabled people. Some are companship only, and those are the clients I requested. It is very easy and not stressful. My last client I had was a 90 year old woman who just wanted a someone to stay in the house to make her feel safe. I "worked" from 7 PM- 7AM. I used to sleep 8 hours of my shift while she slept. I got $10 an hour, and worked 60 hours a week. Basically, I made $700 a week (including overtime) for doing absolutely nothing. It would be great for you as you could do your homework while on the job. I will repost the link for you to read below.

o so i read some reviews on the capri.. not too good reviews. o an pca does sound nice until i get settled into a more permanent job after i get my associates. an overnight shift--- perfect. i'm a pretty hilarious person, old ppl would love me. well most ppl do. first impression is not cool but 2nd i somehow win ppl over. but yeah perfect to work on some homework. union jobs? i know those are not here. those are like strike or something related. i wouldnt know what a union job really is. haha. o wait, taking care of ppl--- wont work i'm a very small litle girl, 105 at 5'8... very skinny. but it does sound interguing. i honestly do not care as long as i do not hurt myself and can pay my bills. savings must stay for savings only. more than likey car repairs.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:59 AM

Quote:
o so i read some reviews on the capri.. not too good reviews. o an pca does sound nice until i get settled into a more permanent job after i get my associates. an overnight shift--- perfect. i'm a pretty hilarious person, old ppl would love me. well most ppl do. first impression is not cool but 2nd i somehow win ppl over. but yeah perfect to work on some homework. union jobs? i know those are not here. those are like strike or something related. i wouldnt know what a union job really is. haha. o wait, taking care of ppl--- wont work i'm a very small litle girl, 105 at 5'8... very skinny. but it does sound interguing. i honestly do not care as long as i do not hurt myself and can pay my bills. savings must stay for savings only. more than likey car repairs.
You can also be a hospital sitter. You would also work 12 hour shifts overnight just sitting next to a patient and make sure they are ok. They do this because a lot of the CNA's who work for the hospital are either overworked or just plain do not care about their patients. As far as being skinny, that doesn't matter. If a patient required lifting, you just use a hoyer lift. I have used them many times, and they require minimal effort. Here is the last place I worked at where I made $700 a week. You can contact them to see if they are hiring.

Home Care Services | ComForcare Home Care Services | Private Home Care

Old 05-23-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
You can also be a hospital sitter. You would also work 12 hour shifts overnight just sitting next to a patient and make sure they are ok. They do this because a lot of the CNA's who work for the hospital are either overworked or just plain do not care about their patients. As far as being skinny, that doesn't matter. If a patient required lifting, you just use a hoyer lift. I have used them many times, and they require minimal effort. Here is the last place I worked at where I made $700 a week. You can contact them to see if they are hiring.

Home Care Services | ComForcare Home Care Services | Private Home Care
o wow. awesome tho. thank you so much for the helpful leads. i will call as soon as i get a dr license and po box with a physical address that way they knkow i am staying for a while.
hate to just bail but its like 3a here in ky eastern time zone and i have got to get some sleep. i have an appt at general motors for the AC on my car. its messed up bad. they have to dianoise it and think the whole dash has to be taken apart. i must get my air fixed before i get to arizona. haha. i do not want to die of heat.
i will prob write back tomorrow if i think of something. thanks again. u have helped me out so much. especially if this job suggestion works. i will owe u with my life,,, well not that really but u know. my biggest stressoer is not having a job and using all my savings and having to move back to ky. if that happens i have no idea what i will do... nothing good. therefore i MUST make it work. i am determined. i will work dang near anywhere as long as i can. i'm in bad physocal shape tho since i been sitting on my butt for 10 years at a job but a little workout should tone me up. sorry i tend to pep talk myself... haha. have a good night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area