Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:51 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Flies come and go but are not as bad as most places in my experience. Mosquitoes are not a problem except maybe in the late monsoon period and even then, they are far and few between. I always get a kick out of going into a Walmart or something when we visit the east and they have big displays of DEET products prominently set up near the registers! You can buy bug spray here but you often have to look for it. You also see people with red welts from bites all over their legs back there and you will never see that here.
That sounds wonderful!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2013, 12:26 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,776,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran66 View Post
I'm from CA and I don't think so at all. CA weather is so boring: too much of a good thing is too much.

I now reside in NM. I love the mild change of seasons. No humidity in summer. And we rarely, hit over 100. Even in our hottest month of July. Wouldn't have it any other way.
To each his own. However any survey indicates that the vast majority of people prefer California weather. But it doesn't matter as long as people are happy with what they have.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii4evr View Post
I think Hawaii has the best climate. More lush and green than the Southwest, warmer winters, and summers aren't as oppressive as Phoenix. Humidity is never too high there either, especially with the trade winds.
I agree that Hawaii has great weather and is better than California. I just didn't think of Hawaii even though we visit there quite frequently. Of course it depends which island you are on. Our favorite by far is Oahu. We don't like the big island at all.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I have been told (by people who don't live here) that Kansas City is mid south and that Midwest is further north. I've lived in Kansas/Missouri all my life and to us, it's Midwest.
Those people need a geography lesson. Kansas City is pretty far north.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:33 PM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,559 times
OP HAS to come back and tell us what she decided. This is not fair -- to not know.

Last edited by Fran66; 05-15-2013 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: Additions

Old 05-16-2013, 10:03 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,015,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
This place is absolutely perfect for you, from that perspective, I can't think of very many places in the USA that has beautiful mountains, but very few trees to get in the way of the view. I love the mountains here, it reminds me of Mars...I really love that look. You could start a thread on trying to find another place that appeals to your likes. Surrounding mountains, but few trees to block the view. Central California comes to mind, but I ironically, not Sacramento, as it is referred to as the City of Trees (I must add that town to my list of places to check out). Denver might be another city, but the mountains are only to the west. Maybe Salt lalke city..but Ive only driven thru it. I know Im kinda off topic, but your post really intrigued me.
As far as just mountains and few trees, Las Vegas comes to mind as well. They have mountain ranges on all four sides! But most people overlook the natural beauty of Las Vegas and only see the strip

Old 05-16-2013, 12:31 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothyaw View Post
As far as just mountains and few trees, Las Vegas comes to mind as well. They have mountain ranges on all four sides! But most people overlook the natural beauty of Las Vegas and only see the strip
Yes those mountains are majestic, and your right, very few trees, although, more trees than here in the valley by a hair.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 PM

5,294 posts, read 10,209,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I agree that Hawaii has great weather and is better than California. I just didn't think of Hawaii even though we visit there quite frequently. Of course it depends which island you are on. Our favorite by far is Oahu. We don't like the big island at all.
Never been to Maui, but did like The Big Island and Kauai. I used to live in Honolulu, was born there too. Oahu is the best island, IMO. I agree with you there.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 AM

2,634 posts, read 3,693,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
To each his own. However any survey indicates that the vast majority of people prefer California weather. But it doesn't matter as long as people are happy with what they have.
That is because (1) they haven't lived there for decades and decades and so CA weather is a nice change from brutal winters and summers in the states they moved from; or (2) it's because they have lived there for decades and decades and don't know how nice a mild change of seasons is.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:35 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,061,905 times
Yes, we definitely need the OP to come back cause this thread has gone so far off topic that it'll never come back unless she does !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area