Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM

1,553 posts, read 3,654,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxbarb View Post
yes, we definitely need the op to come back cause this thread has gone so far off topic that it'll never come back unless she does !!!!
agreed!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 AM

17,915 posts, read 43,493,041 times
Yes, please just leave this thread alone unless and until the OP comes back. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2013, 03:12 PM

42 posts, read 131,856 times
Default We didn't do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Yes, please just leave this thread alone unless and until the OP comes back. Thanks!

Well, I'm back. It took me a while to come back to this blog because I was a bit distraught after we passed on the job in Chandler and the house in Ahwatukee. It was all too stressful and moving too quickly for us is the only reason I can think of as to why we couldn't make the leap. The timing wasn't right. One thing that we have to do is sell our house here in Seattle first. Also, the job paid well, but it was going to be very high stress for my husband, so we were worried about that as well. (Just so you know, we were not actively looking for a job in AZ at the time, they contacted my husband and offered him the job and we just weren't ready).

We have decided that we really do want to move to Arizona. My husband has an interview coming up for another job there. In the mean time we will get our house ready to put on the market and hopefully make the move in the near future. Now this new job may not be in the East Valley,which is where we became very familiar and like alot! Especially because of the schools (Remember we have a high school age son). I won't know for sure until he goes to the interview, but this job may be in the west valley ( I think Sun City area). Although they said they might have an opportunity in the east valley as well. As soon as I find out more about the area where he will be working I will be back with more questions about the area!

Any information about the west valley would be greatly appreciated (ie;schools, good neighborhoods)!

Thanks, everyone, for all of your helpful info and support!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:01 AM

39,112 posts, read 51,356,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthelake1617 View Post
Well, I'm back. It took me a while to come back to this blog because I was a bit distraught after we passed on the job in Chandler and the house in Ahwatukee. It was all too stressful and moving too quickly for us is the only reason I can think of as to why we couldn't make the leap. The timing wasn't right. One thing that we have to do is sell our house here in Seattle first. Also, the job paid well, but it was going to be very high stress for my husband, so we were worried about that as well. (Just so you know, we were not actively looking for a job in AZ at the time, they contacted my husband and offered him the job and we just weren't ready).

We have decided that we really do want to move to Arizona. My husband has an interview coming up for another job there. In the mean time we will get our house ready to put on the market and hopefully make the move in the near future. Now this new job may not be in the East Valley,which is where we became very familiar and like alot! Especially because of the schools (Remember we have a high school age son). I won't know for sure until he goes to the interview, but this job may be in the west valley ( I think Sun City area). Although they said they might have an opportunity in the east valley as well. As soon as I find out more about the area where he will be working I will be back with more questions about the area!

Any information about the west valley would be greatly appreciated (ie;schools, good neighborhoods)!

Thanks, everyone, for all of your helpful info and support!
The northwest part of Peoria (around Happy Valley and Lake Pleasant Parkway is some of the best in the entire valley. Liberty High School is over the top nice. Look online at Vistancia, a master planned community in the general area, to get an idea of how it looks and feels out that way.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 PM

Thanks, Ponderosa, that was very helpful! We are also going to look at the North Scottsdale area. Any input on good neighborhoods there? It looks like the schools are good there as well. We would like a home with back yard privacy backing to something like arroyo, geenbelt, lake or course, etc. but in an area that our high school age son would have friends close. What is North Scottsdale like? Thank you!

Old 05-31-2013, 02:55 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,785,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthelake1617 View Post
Thanks, Ponderosa, that was very helpful! We are also going to look at the North Scottsdale area. Any input on good neighborhoods there? It looks like the schools are good there as well. We would like a home with back yard privacy backing to something like arroyo, geenbelt, lake or course, etc. but in an area that our high school age son would have friends close. What is North Scottsdale like? Thank you!
Do you realize that North Scottsdale is quite a distance from the West Valley? Phoenix is a very large city and commuting across town is something I would like to do.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:10 PM
RCR

264 posts, read 910,820 times
North Scottsdale is a beautiful area for which you would pay a considerable premium. Also, as what was just stated, I would not wish that commute on anyone.

Addressing what you mentioned about not being ready earlier to make the move; Speaking from experience, if you try to wait until things are perfect, ie your house sells, your kids are out of school for the summer, you will drive yourself crazy. You just have to trust yourself that you have made a good decision and things will work out...eventually.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:56 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,785,705 times
RCR is right. You just have to do it. When I moved to Phoenix from Portland, OR, I just did it and I had a family with 2 small kids. I didn't even have a job but I wasn't worried about that. I got a job right away and everything worked out just fine.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:04 PM

551 posts, read 1,593,556 times
It is a very long drive across Phoenix. Things have gotten better after putting the new freeway in, but Phoenix is huge.

I can remember when my grandpa would zip across town from the Bethany Home Road area to Scottsdale and we made good time. That was over 40 years ago though.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCR View Post
North Scottsdale is a beautiful area for which you would pay a considerable premium. Also, as what was just stated, I would not wish that commute on anyone.

Addressing what you mentioned about not being ready earlier to make the move; Speaking from experience, if you try to wait until things are perfect, ie your house sells, your kids are out of school for the summer, you will drive yourself crazy. You just have to trust yourself that you have made a good decision and things will work out...eventually.
We were told that N. Scottsdale would be a good area because it's a reverse commute to West Sun City, but I guess that is not correct from what I'm hearing from you and others on this blog. How bad would the commute be to downtown Phoenix from N. Scottsdale?

You are so right about driving ourselves crazy if we try and wait til everything is perfect! I really wish we would have made the leap earlier when we had the chance now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area