Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:19 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times

Advertisements

I think their lawyer finally slapped them and convinced them they need to create an excuse for the mess they made on Facebook. Now every website they are involved with on the internet has been hacked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,602 times
Yeah, I'm sure anyone's going to believe THAT.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 AM

1,551 posts, read 3,646,936 times
They are all over the place. On TV, radio, all over the web and it seems they are the talk of the town. I don't know if I'd like this kind of publicity but they certainly have a lot of press the last few days. I just saw them on the channel 3 news this morning and even there, they appear batsh** crazy.
I'm wondering if they are truly as weird as they appear or if they are milking the press?
Either way, they scare the crap out of me.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 AM

701 posts, read 1,097,361 times
I finally watched the episode. I've watched all of (almost) the KN episodes, going back to the beginning of the BBC series, and this was, by far, the most bizarre one of all.

I have to wonder if they'll get some kind of other career from this fame. Radio talk show host? Pro wrestling managers?

Old 05-15-2013, 10:27 AM

3,941 posts, read 6,728,701 times
Wow! Just saw the episode of Kitchen Nightmares and I'm speechless! That is all.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:07 AM

1,832 posts, read 5,766,320 times
Just remember this isn't an act for KN they have been battling yelpers since 2010 and going bat**** on customers just as long.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:20 AM

94 posts, read 224,423 times
In spite of the fact that these two individuals are FAR from sympathetic figures, I find the whole social media 'let's destroy them!' pack mentality phenomenon to be depressing and creepy. This business doesn't stand a chance and I don't think they need a push off the cliff. Enough already.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,387,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcanadienne View Post
A few months ago, on "Check Please, Arizona," one of the invited people on that episode's panel mentioned Amy's. Glowing reviews. I didn't understand how there could be a restaurant at Scottsdale and Shea that I had never heard of because I'm always looking for new good places close-ish to Fountain Hills - but googled and...there it was

I also went back and read all the Yelp postings made before Friday night - oh-mah-word! She starts all-out wars with anybody who makes the slightest criticism. Gloves off, scratching and biting and spitting!

Also thought it was hysterical that too many of the 5-star reviews were made by people who live "out of state;" generally had either no photo, or photos that looks like professional photos; would make mention of ordering "champagne...just because;" and would indignantly refer to people who gave bad reviews to Amy's authentic awesome professional CHEF food (she always types CHEF in all caps), as people who should probably stick to McDonalds, Olive Garden, Pita Jungle...

Oddly enough...these are exactly the same kind of comments Amy/Samy would make themselves when striking back at negative reviewers

After seeing the episode, I certainly wouldn't put it past her to create false accounts just to up her Yelp ratings
I've been noticing more and more of these obviously fake "reviews" on places like Yelp and Doctor's office review sites here in Scottsdale. You can always tell they are fake, they sound the same and the glowing review doesn't give you any meat - just that so and so is wonderful and walks on water. I would bet that a meltdown like this will have the collateral effect of making sites like Yelp take a step back and do more to insure their reviewers are real and not the owners of the business in question. That's not a bad thing! About time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExChicagoan View Post
That's why I wonder if this mess will actually help them. As bad as it sounds, I hope not. They've been abusing and cheating people for so long, they need to shut down.

As for the cake, since it's all store-bought, you could get something similar at the grocery store and save yourself the up-charge.
I would say in the early days of Social media and celebrity worship, it might help them. But people are starting to catch on. First of all, it has become a media feeding frenzy, which will end the moment the Kardashians do something stupid, because that's the crowd foaming at the mouth right now. These aren't potential customers -- just train-wreck-watchers. Also, the society crowd in Scottsdale wouldn't be caught dead there right now... it would make them look bad. (of course, the publicity hounds might Walk By just in case a news camera is there...

But the main reason this won't help them is the FRAUD. (Since amy likes to put CHEF in all caps, I thought I'd meet her with a reality check.) Fraudulent claims on her website that misrepresent her business and her product. Fraudulently using other people's photographs (that's actually punishable by law and the owners of those photos will not let this slide.) Fraudulently not passing on the tips (IRS will be visiting verrrrry soon.)

It's one thing to have a public meltdown on a TV show. A lot of people who have never been on that side of the camera don't realize how stressful it can be. But these two have a trail of abusive language from years gone by, a lot of ex-employees who will step into the fray if called, and a post-show meltdown that just can't be written off to "hackers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans64 View Post
In spite of the fact that these two individuals are FAR from sympathetic figures, I find the whole social media 'let's destroy them!' pack mentality phenomenon to be depressing and creepy. This business doesn't stand a chance and I don't think they need a push off the cliff. Enough already.
Yeah, you're right.
Unfortunately, it's not going to stop soon.
Scottsdale's Amy's Baking Company lashes out on social media - Phoenix News - KTAR.com

Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,227,084 times
Quote:
Maybe you didn't notice they went on a show called "Kitchen Nightmares" which is a sensational show made to put restaurateurs in a bad light before attempting to fix them. The whole purpose of the show is to get people spun-up and once people see they fixed the issues get customers to re-patronize the restaurant.

If a restaurant agrees to go on the show and only allows the first part of the show to happen where they show all of the restaurants faults and then don't complete the "turn around" the only outcome can be people being spun-up and losing business and being destroyed.

Blaming the audience for getting spun-up by the ridiculous behavior of the owners when they signed themselves up to be exposed on the show is naive on your part. If they didn't want EVERYONE in the country to know their faults they should not have signed up for the show.

There is no one else that can be blamed for this but the owners.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM

69 posts, read 155,569 times
Quote:

They deserve it. They have been stealing tips for years and have fired over 100 people in 1 year. Those are employees who are trying to make a living and have some sort of dependable income and make ends meet. They do not realize going into the job that they probably won't be around for more than a month. These are people who need to pay bills, need to eat, need dependable sources of income. It is on the onus of the owners to provide all of those things barring crappy performance from the employees.....which is clearly not the case in the vast majority.

Normally I do not like the reddit army style of attack via social networking, but these 2 clowns deserve everything they get from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area