Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 PM

9 posts, read 13,075 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We just moved to Phoenix and are looking to rent condos (furnished). Found 3-4 condos near the Desert Ridge marketplace-Toscano and Shade at Desert Ridge. For a 2 bed/2 bath 1250 sqft furnished condo, rent is $1800 (includes everything but electricity). Being new to this area, I don't know whether this rent is on the higher end or a reasonable one. I would appreciate if you could please give me your insight.

Thanks,
Tracy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 11:22 PM

582 posts, read 1,484,254 times
Tell us about your situation. Are you moving here? Do you have a job here? Is this just a short term rental, or would this be a lease?

$1800 a month is a lot, and electric bills are much higher now that we are coming upon summer.

Is money not an object to where you want a somewhat lavish place, or would an extended stay furnished apartment with basic cheap furniture do?

You could always rent a place cheaper than that, and rent some basic furniture from a rent to own store. Do you have your own furniture?

Old 05-16-2013, 11:51 PM

890 posts, read 2,283,600 times
That sounds very reasonable if it's a short term/vacation rental. If you are looking for a longer term lease it does seem a bit high but that's probably due to the location and of course the furniture being included.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the response. My work is closer to the Desert ridge marketplace and I am looking for a temporary 2 bed/2 bath apartment/condo near Desert ridge. Since, I don't have all my stuff here, I am looking for a furnished condo/apartment. This would be a short term rental.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:14 AM

582 posts, read 1,484,254 times
You can get an extended stay 1 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen at Budget Suites on Yorkshire, (101 and 27th Ave), which isn't far from work for under $800 a month including basic cable and utilities. Value Place has furnished studios as well. Just provide your own microwave, linens and pots and pans.

$1800 is a lot of money PLUS electric unless you have a very high salary, or your employer is footing the bill.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:54 AM

9,822 posts, read 11,213,093 times
Depending on the condition, $1800 a month for a short stay in a furnished condo is very reasonable. There is no doubt some will be higher and others will be lower. Go to VRBO® is Vacation Rentals By Owner and click on the the area of choice. Personally, I would never want to live in an extended stay more than a month.

People who rent their home by the week or month need to re-coupe $$'s when it sits empty. I'm no longer renting my AZ home by the week but I sometimes charged $2200 for a peak week (Christmas, Thanksgiving) and never below $1800 for a week during March.

If I rented it unfurnished, the rate would be $1500 a month. As you see, there is a large premium for a short furnished stay. That said, there are (illogical) people who simply want to rent their place to help pay for it. So you will get some incredible deals on that VRBO link that I gave you in low season which is the summer. I refused to rent my place in the summer because the rates are not high enough. But expect someone to charge for electricity. The are simply being logical in a rental situation.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:41 AM

Thank you all for responding to my post. I appreciate it.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:59 AM

6,341 posts, read 14,714,448 times
Fwiw, it is a hassle, but you could furnish a 2bd pretty well on any weekend using Craigslist & a rented truck if you arent too picky. When my parents came down to a vacant winter place here, we furnished the whole thing completely in 2 weekends for about $1500..(and $600 of that was a new tv @ costco)..

We didnt furnish it with junk either - someone was converting a guest bedroom to an office, and had a never-used bed for $200, another was relocating *that day*, and had to empty his apartment - leather sofa $50.. dinette set $25.. leather lay-z-boy recliners $300 for the matched pair, etc..

When they left & decided to rent the house, little bro and I emptied the house the same way.. - I think we actually made money on some of the furniture..

There are always people moving in, moving out, redecorating, divorcing, etc in Phoenix..

Old 05-17-2013, 05:40 PM

Thank you.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:10 PM

77 posts, read 123,490 times
1800 is a lot of money. Why not get an apartment or buy a condo? For a 2 bedroom condo with the current interest rates you would be paying maximum 1200 dollars a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
View detailed profiles of: