Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 10:11 AM

247 posts, read 843,820 times

Advertisements

I live in Goodyear, we had our pool put in a month after moving in three years ago. From start to finish it was a month to put in, I did go over designs via email before moving here. Permits sometimes are a nightmare but we didn't have any issues. We had three estimates, Dolphin came in the lowest and I was happy with everyone from the design to the builders/subcontractors. The basic started at $14,000, ours was around $18,000. We didn't want fancy waterfalls or slides, a pool is a pool. I have cool decking around it so you don't burn your feet, a plaster/polymer sprayed bottom as I didn't like any of the Pebble material others use. I do have a beach entry or large step/seating area with an umbrella. We chose a Salt pool and are soooo glad we did. Maintenance on this pool is next to nothing. We dial down the salt cell in the winter during non-use and the rest of the year we have the water tested at Leslies and add Muriatic Acid or Phosphate remover as needed and that's only a couple of times a year-usually after a monsoon rolls through and deposits crap into the pool, after that we clean the filters too. I bought my own pool cleaner online as mark-up with pool builders can be high, it stays in the pool unless we are swimming and vacuums in the morning as the pump is running. You'll only run your pump in the late evening or early am so electric use is minimal. There is no back-washing or emptying of the pool needed, it has an auto-fill feature to keep the water level where it should be and since water here is cheap, I don't notice a change in my bill in the summer months. The benefits of salt out weigh any negative anyone can come up with. Besides low maintenance, It's gentle on your swim suits, skin and eyes.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 11:40 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,465,451 times
We had a pool put in soon after we bought our house. One thing that I would highly recommend above all other features if you decide to get a pool is an in-floor cleaning system...."pop-ups" that are plumbed into the pool floor that makes cleaning the pool a breeze....there's really nothing to sweep/cleans as it's all automated when the filter is running. Plus we weren't thrilled with that vacuum unit with the hose hanging around in the pool. As for other features, we had a 3 person seat bench put in on one side of the pool that you sit on a few feet underwater with therapy jets and a river rock waterfall. To be honest? Wouldn't do either again....waterfall looks nice, therapy jets feel good on the back, but it got old for us. We fine the waterfall is just a little to loud for our taste, even at the lowest setting. I guess it would be great if one is trying to block the sounds of a noisy street. We also had a salt cell installed(salt water pool) and it's nice for lower maintenance/not having to drop chlorine in every day or 2. However, with a salt cell, I've noticed I've had to keep a close eye on the ph/put in muratic acid maybe once every 3-5 days keep the ph in check/to high alkaline but it's really not a big deal. We also got smooth version of pebble-tech flooring that we like the look of/color of vs plaster.

We used Presidential Pools for our pool install in 2010. Extremely happy with the entire process starting with a great non-pressure/non-upsale salesperson, Lenny at the Surprise branch, to the subcontractors they used, etc. Smooth sailing from beginning to end and everything was complete within about 6 weeks. We had other neighbors/friends who used Presidential who were also very happy with them.

Mikeanajessse....just curious if you wouldn't mind answering.....did you end up buying a home in Estrella Mountain Ranch in Goodyear? I think I remember reading some past posts you were interested in perhaps moving to that development.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area