Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:08 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally Sconce View Post
I get a kick out of people who bring their dogs (usually big ones) on public transit. Up they go on the seat all 4 dirty paws and hairy butt. If we're not supposed to put our feet on the seat neither is your bare arsed dog.
Do you also get a kick out of people who are homeless/anyone who hasn't showered in weeks/months who rides public transit and plants their butt on a seat that you might sit on later in the day? Touches the same things you touch on public transit? Or an infant that sits on a seat with a full diaper that you also might sit on later in the day?

Very interesting the selective logic some people use.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:21 PM

550 posts, read 1,126,865 times
We don't take our dog with us shopping or to restaurants when we are home. But it would be nice to find a good restaurants that accept dogs when traveling. We rarely travel because of it. We cut our stay in San Diego one day short because we could not find a nice restaurant that accepts dogs. We canceled a trip to Beararizona because of it. We don't go to the Grand Canyon North Rim, all because of it. The rare times we travel, our dog is in a stroller when eating at a restaurant. By the way, we had a great time in Sedona. The hotel and the 2 restaurants we went to were perfect.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,140,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
We cut our stay in San Diego one day short because we could not find a nice restaurant that accepts dogs.
I find this really odd being that San Diego is a very dog friendly city. I spent a week in the Gaslamp Quarters last fall and brought my dog everywhere we went. What part of San Diego were you in?

Old 04-22-2015, 02:30 PM

1,567 posts, read 1,957,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseJane View Post
We canceled a trip to Beararizona because of it..
and you would want to take your dog to a wildlife park with free roaming wildlife? It's a day trip, your dog can stay home....

Old 04-22-2015, 02:35 PM

111 posts, read 133,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I never understood why idiots feel the need to bring thier dirty smelly dogs into a restaurant. Its unsanitary and gross. And tha fact that these people justt assume everyone else in the restaurant should be ok with it itrritates me even more.

What the hell, I have never met a person that has such an issue with a dog in a restaurant.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
and you would want to take your dog to a wildlife park with free roaming wildlife? It's a day trip, your dog can stay home....
We would have stayed overnight. And you can have your dog inside your car to go through the wildlife park. My daughter did it with her dogs. But they have a trailer and stayed in a trailer park and cooked themselves. Unfortunately I don't like camping. And frankly to just drive through a wildlife park is not worth all the time on the road from Phoenix to there. The hotel close to the park accepts dogs but not their restaurant, not even on the patio. Believe me, for day trips, my dog stays home.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:10 PM

For all the people here who think that dogs are dirty !
I watched a video today on Facebook with a Vet showing how to do CPR to a dog. Mouth to mouth ressucitation (excuse the spelling). He said not to be afraid to do it because dogs are a lot cleaner than people !!!

Old 04-22-2015, 03:52 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,294,079 times
In order to keep this thread going, let's please stick to the topic of dog friendly patios and not turn it into a debate about dog cleanliness, okay?

Old 04-22-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
I find this really odd being that San Diego is a very dog friendly city. I spent a week in the Gaslamp Quarters last fall and brought my dog everywhere we went. What part of San Diego were you in?
We were close to Old Town San Diego. The problem is we like "fine dining" especially in the evening. I even called one restaurant who was supposed to be dog friendly and asked if they accept dogs. They told me yes but when we arrived they did not accept them in the fine dining patio section only on the other side who was more fast food. One reason we took the dog with us is because we went to his breed specific dog show.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:20 PM

498 posts, read 543,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Do you also get a kick out of people who are homeless/anyone who hasn't showered in weeks/months who rides public transit and plants their butt on a seat that you might sit on later in the day? Touches the same things you touch on public transit? Or an infant that sits on a seat with a full diaper that you also might sit on later in the day?

Very interesting the selective logic some people use.

There is a difference between the two. One is a member of the human race, one's not.

Discrimination is frowned upon based on class ,age, sex and race....NOT DOGS.

Let me clarify something , I like dogs, it's their owners that are nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area