Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 09:51 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,619,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
How come when it is dogs and kids it is always the kids fault but when it is guns and kids it is always the guns fault?
I know, right!
If my gma slapped people who approached her I wouldn't get to say should have asked first if she was friendly.
Your an idiot in my opinion if you willingly take an aggressive dog out to a public place, leashed or not. Common sense should tell you if you're in public with pooch people will assume it's ready for the public.
I think that's bad pooch parenting.
Train them not to bite the public before taking them out in it. It's the parents of both pooch and kid. Common sense. Train your kids stupid people might take an adorable fluffy biter out in public and take their chances that all others are smarter than them.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:53 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,289,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Well, I can see this quickly turning into a debate on dogs vs. no dogs in general and that would likely get the thread shut down. Just trying to nudge it back in the direction of PATIOS so it can stay alive.
Nowhere in the thread title does it say patios, the discussion is about dogs in restaurants. Don't mistake someone saying that they don't want dogs in restaurants as saying they are against dogs in general. I have a dog now, and I grew up having dogs, I just do not want them in a restaurant unless it's a service dog. You've stated your opinion on the matter and others are doing the same.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:55 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,619,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukesgrrl View Post
I just don't go places like that. I'm not interested in dining with other people's pets or their children.
I'm with you! I avoid both when out for a peaceful time. I leave my pets and kids at home. Lol
That said, I just don't go to kiddie or poochie places for a relaxing time, I know better. It's clearly a choice.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
I'm with you! I avoid both when out for a peaceful time. I leave my pets and kids at home. Lol
That said, I just don't go to kiddie or poochie places for a relaxing time, I know better. It's clearly a choice.
Right no one goes to Red Robin expecting to not have to listen to kids squeeling. Those are the types of places I limit myself to when I take my 3 year old out to eat. Sometimes people invite us to inappropriate places (too upscale or quiet places), I have to come up with another suggestion because it actually makes ME uncomfortable. But kids are human and have to learn how to act and learn to behave differently in nicer restaurants, dogs don't need that teaching.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:02 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,312,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
Nowhere in the thread title does it say patios, the discussion is about dogs in restaurants. Don't mistake someone saying that they don't want dogs in restaurants as saying they are against dogs in general. I have a dog now, and I grew up having dogs, I just do not want them in a restaurant unless it's a service dog. You've stated your opinion on the matter and others are doing the same.

I edited my reply to include "restaurants."

The thread title may not say patios specifically, but I am willing to guess that is what the OP meant since I imagine dog friendly restaurants only likely allow dogs on the PATIO. (service dogs excepted)

I'm just trying to help here, to keep this thread alive.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I edited my reply to include "restaurants."

The thread title may not say patios specifically, but I am willing to guess that is what the OP meant since I imagine dog friendly restaurants only likely allow dogs on the PATIO. (service dogs excepted)

I'm just trying to help here, to keep this thread alive.
Of course. And I also see you are only admonishing those that took the opposing opinion as your own

Old 04-23-2015, 10:07 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,144,205 times
Quote:
There are twelve posts so far that mention patios. OP even mentioned she was INSIDE and somehow the dogs still bothered her. No one in this thread that is pro dog friendly establishment wants their dogs INSIDE the restaurant. Maybe the people against these restaurants are mistaken and thinking this is what we want but we don't. It is against federal health codes to have a non service animal inside a restaurant and it will always stay that way.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
There are twelve posts so far that mention patios. OP even mentioned she was INSIDE and somehow the dogs still bothered her. No one in this thread that is pro dog friendly establishment wants their dogs INSIDE the restaurant. Maybe the people against these restaurants are mistaken and thinking this is what we want but we don't. It is against federal health codes to have a non service animal inside a restaurant and it will always stay that way.
So patios are off limits to those that want to sit outside without dogs around. Got it

Old 04-23-2015, 10:11 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,312,665 times
Quote:
Of course. And I also see you are only admonishing those that took the opposing opinion as your own

My opinion is irrelevant in trying to keep this on track.

The topic is "dogs in restaurants" not "dogs" in general.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:14 AM

1,484 posts, read 3,144,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Common sense should tell you if you're in public with pooch people will assume it's ready for the public.
This is absolute bull. True common sense should tell you to not approach ANY animal if you have no prior knowledge of it's behavior. What do you propose a new dog owner does when their dog has aggressive behavior and needs to be trained and walked? A responsible owner knows they can't take it to the dog park...and by your logic can't be walked outside on a leash. Proper training can't always happen in a living room of a house. You're clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area