Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 11:41 AM

551 posts, read 694,659 times

Advertisements

Stick to north phoenix, those other areas are too far for you, trust me. And don't rule out scottsdale completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 01:02 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,751,623 times
The 85254 zip code is worth checking out. It's in Phoenix but has a Scottsdale address. Paradise Valley Schools. The eastern edge of 85032 is good too, you don't get the Scottsdale address but the homes are similar and a little bit cheaper. Easy commute from these places to your husband's office.

Old 05-01-2015, 01:49 PM

551 posts, read 694,659 times
Also you guys might want to consider month-to-month rental places during the move because not having a stable place to sleep while buying is really, really stressful.

Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 PM

30 posts, read 24,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactusland View Post
Also you guys might want to consider month-to-month rental places during the move because not having a stable place to sleep while buying is really, really stressful.
I've got my eye on that too...as of now, we're renting our old house in Michigan, but the buyers want it eventually, so we've got to find something in the Scottsdale area, whether it be a purchase or a lease until we can find the right place. I'm dreaming that just the right house will become available right around the time we arrive in a couple of weeks!

Old 05-01-2015, 05:19 PM

175 posts, read 372,532 times
Anthem is great for families. A bit of a drive from N Scottsdale, but not too far. Plenty of information in the following link and there are homes in your price range. | Online At Anthem

Old 05-01-2015, 09:49 PM

30 posts, read 24,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgc323 View Post
Anthem is great for families. A bit of a drive from N Scottsdale, but not too far. Plenty of information in the following link and there are homes in your price range. | Online At Anthem
Thank you, this is helpful! We've been eyeing Anthem, it seems to have everything we are looking for.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:23 AM

140 posts, read 174,663 times
Have him start looking for rentals as well. Best would be if you find an area you like and then can do a rent to own. I did this in Anthem and couldn't be happier.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:29 AM

140 posts, read 174,663 times
Anthem will be longer than 30 minute commute though.

Old 05-02-2015, 09:17 AM

8,390 posts, read 11,619,598 times
Here is a list of master planned communities all over the valley. They will offer you more to do as a new resident and your kids will make friends through all the events.
Master-Planned Communities | Welcome to Phoenix

The valley is daunting for a home search in that amount of time. I understand the dog issue, maybe you could work a deal on a rental in the area you are thinking you'd like and make sure. You don't want to be stuck someplace you don't like. I know it seems easy to sell here but in reality it is not. If you get a bad place it can make you regret your move rather quickly.

I would say spending a year seriously checking out all the areas of the valley would greatly benefit you. Otherwise you might end up in a place with a pest infestation, horrible neighbors, huge electricity bills, etc. etc. We've heard it all before on here, and it's really worth waiting. I'm sure you can find a rental agent that will help you with a nice place that accepts dogs.

But....if you are sure you want to buy off the bat I'd try a master planned community. That way you have community pools incase your dream house doesn't come with one, plus holiday activities and parties, a community spirit.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:59 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,951,243 times
Home prices will be going higher due to lack of new home building over the last 7 years and rental prices make it almost cheaper to buy a house than rent. I would buy something now even if it is not your dream home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area