Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 01:17 PM

30 posts, read 24,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Up2myeyeballz View Post
Resort just a great hotel but it gets old. Clarkston/ortonville, what about you? I typed more but it's just deleted, my phone doesn't agree with this forum :-/
I know Clarkston! We live in Macomb Twp., I work in Bloomfield Hills, and my husband works in Detroit. As you know, we are used to a certain amount of traffic/commute. but, from what I am reading, Phoenix area traffic is a whol different beast!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2015, 03:16 PM

35 posts, read 36,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarc23 View Post
I know Clarkston! We live in Macomb Twp., I work in Bloomfield Hills, and my husband works in Detroit. As you know, we are used to a certain amount of traffic/commute. but, from what I am reading, Phoenix area traffic is a whol different beast!
Family all around that area we just kept heading north biggest thing no potholes! Yes! Beautiful clean scenery with clear skies. It's a much better commute but still a commute if that makes sense.

Old 05-04-2015, 08:31 PM

675 posts, read 1,416,843 times
Quote:
Honestly I think the Phoenix metro area has some of the best commuting highways, compared to other similar sized areas. It really depends on what route you're commuting and what time.

Quote:
We were thinking of doing a rush-hour drive from the hotel in Scottsdale to Gilbert when we look at houses next week (OMGOMGOMG NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!), to give my husband an idea of what he's in for. I have heard negative things about Mesa, but at the same time, have heard that some of their schools are among the top ranked in the state. So confusing! I'll check out Seville.

Do you find the drive from Anthem south to Scottsdale less daunting than from Gilbert north to Scottsdale?
Both of these are going to be on the 101 Pima Freeway, which is undergoing expansion of 1 lane in each direction, which means it's particularly congested now, but when it's done will improve the drive tremendously.

Re 'negative things about Mesa'
Keep in mind the suburbs of Mesa, Chandler, Glendale, Gilbert, & Scottsdale are all over 200k. Mesa is pushing half a million. These are pretty decent sized cities, and like any other large city there are good areas and not so good. You can't really paint the entire city with one brush.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,111,662 times
I went to Bloomfield Hills Andover in the 1970s, lived at Maple/Telegraph. I also spent many years in Grand Blanc. If I can help you with anything, please do not hesitate to ask.
I have lived in Gilbert ten years, know this area and this market very well.

Steve

Old 05-04-2015, 10:53 PM

44,658 posts, read 61,714,444 times
Quote:
If you all could please provide some suggested community names for North Phoenix, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Desert Ridge and Norterra communities in No. Phoenix are great areas to investigate.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:39 AM

30 posts, read 24,303 times
Looks like a couple of houses I looked at this week are already under contract after under 4 days on the market! At this point, I'm wondering if we are crazy enough to put in an offer before we even get there!! I'll look into Desert Ridge and Noterra. Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!

Old 05-05-2015, 06:52 AM

498 posts, read 544,176 times
Quote:
Looks like a couple of houses I looked at this week are already under contract after under 4 days on the market! At this point, I'm wondering if we are crazy enough to put in an offer before we even get there!! I'll look into Desert Ridge and Noterra. Thanks for the suggestions! Keep them coming!
Tramonto. Amber Hills, CareFree Crossing

Old 05-05-2015, 09:31 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,977,341 times
Welcome to AZ! Do your part to conserve water.

Old 05-05-2015, 09:37 AM

140 posts, read 174,663 times
Quote:
If you all could please provide some suggested community names for North Phoenix, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
Anthem

Old 05-05-2015, 09:39 AM

140 posts, read 174,663 times
You should be scoping out the rental market as well. Have your real estate agent show you rentals in whatever portal you are using. That way if you don't find a house you can at least sign a lease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area