Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2016, 09:01 AM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times

Advertisements

Catanzaro may be ruined now. Those big misses get in your head. Palmer still has not recovered from the disaster in Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 09:31 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I still like Floyd almost as much as Larry. He just needs to find his mojo. He is loaded with talent and he is going to win a few games for us this yea. Who would have predicted 7 weeks in that they would be a run-first team with a crushing defense? That is a super bowl winning formula though.
Floyd was key in their win in Seattle last year but he just doesn't seem like he's with it at all this year. He'll make a toe dragging catch in the Jets game then drop numerous right on the money passes. Maybe he's trying to hard knowing it's a contract year but like Cat something's in his head and with both Browns out we need MF to show up every game from now on.

Agree about out D, they've come around 360 and are a force now. Hopefully they can carry us these next few games until the O gets their heads together. Also,look out once Mathieu is 100%.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 AM

233 posts, read 258,373 times
Quote:
Other than the outcome, it would have been a great fan experience at the stadium.
Definitely.

I did get some joy out watching the Seahawks fans behind us talk about how the game was over right before Hauschka lined up for his miss. No fan base deserves more misery than that group of ******

Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 AM

1,567 posts, read 1,960,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goolsbyjazz View Post
The Cards have road games at Carolina, Minnesota, Atlanta, Seattle, Los Angeles and Miami. Do you think they will make the playoffs?
If the defense can keep doing what they have done the last two games yes, the D has been great. The only high powered offense in the above is Atlanta, the others depend on defense. Get ready for a lot of cardiac cards games the next month, they will be low scoring.

Old 10-24-2016, 10:55 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,080,184 times
Is it really that difficult to kick the ball between those 2 posts???? Just askin'...

Old 10-24-2016, 11:03 AM

1,350 posts, read 1,370,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAZ View Post
Definitely.

I did get some joy out watching the Seahawks fans behind us talk about how the game was over right before Hauschka lined up for his miss. No fan base deserves more misery than that group of ******
It does make you wonder...what kind of insecure, outwardly-focused frontrunner has to make a big public show of "it's over, look at us, look at what color jersey we have on, we're the best" thirty seconds before the kick actually takes place. Wouldn't most normal human beings just wait to see the kick and then celebrate? You seriously can't wait 30 seconds to be a jackwagon?

I guess that missed kick was a well-timed corrective for unpleasant personalities like that.

Behavior like that, though, is one of the reasons I don't go to many sporting events anymore, especially football. Too many drunks, bullies and drunken bullies. It's been that way forever, and I guess as I've aged I just lost the capacity to put up with it like I used to. I remember going to baseball games by myself as a kid because I loved to watch my team play when they came to town to play the home team. I can't tell you how many times I'd be sitting quietly watching the game and have to deal with grown men, drunk, talking trash to me and cursing and trying to start something with a kid because I had the wrong hat or jacket on.

So I guess I've always had a dislike for those meathead fans who seem to think their team winning somehow makes them any more or less than any other person in the world. Sports fans ought to be able to enjoy the games and treat each other with courtesy, no matter how intense the rivalry. Cheer hard, have fun, but be courteous and pleasant.

Quote:
Catanzaro may be ruined now. Those big misses get in your head. Palmer still has not recovered from the disaster in Carolina.
I'm a little concerned by how hard he seemed to be taking it on the sideline. Kickers need a short memory, and we've seen too many who struggle with the mental aspects. To his credit, he has seemed to get over his extra-point problems from last year and he hit a big 45-yarder earlier in the game. His range is better than ever, e.g. the 60-yarder he hit. I truly believe he can be a 10+ year kicker in this league; he has shown the talent and consistency. But, short misses are one of this things that coaches and GM's just don't tolerate more than once every season or so and they can really undermine a guy in a hurry.

The blocked kick was not his fault at all and Wagner did that stupid leaping thing (which I bet will be made illegal entirely, sooner or later, as more people start doing it) on the short kick which might have caused him to rush his kick and pull it to the left.

I do give a lot of credit to our long snapper, Aaron Brewer, for getting all his snaps off cleanly even as Bobby Wagner was jumping over his back and it looked like brushing him with his foot.

I'll note that Drew Butler had punts blocked in the past and now Ryan Quigley got stuffed as well...so it's increasingly clear that our protection scheme has some continuing issues.

How many games, over how many years, do special teams have to cost this team before something changes? Our punts and kicks get blocked and our return teams haven't done much for two solid years. I also don't understand why we run a different returner out there seemingly every return play.

I understand that Bruce Arians is Mr. Loyalty to Coaches, and he and the ST coach have ties all the way back to Temple 30 years ago. But special teams were a bit of a nagging problem last year, and they're a tire fire this year, so at some point something has to change, doesn't it? We've seen before in the NFL that too much loyalty to underperforming assistant coaches can and does get head coaches in hot water.

As for the offense...I'm now going to concur with those who've been saying for a while now that Palmer is not the same as last year and it's clearly more than just a blip on the radar screen. Historically, he's always been a great deep-ball thrower and so for him to miss on so many deep throws not only in this game, but to miss on them consistently throughout the season so far, is a legitimate concern and I hope he gets his ducks in a row. Credit to Arians for a markedly different, power-run game plan. It was worth trying more whole-heartedly and we likely would have won this game if not for the blocked punt.

I hope the Cardinals eventually get it together; we all know the talent is there. I guess a young, come-up type team has to learn how to handle success, and one way you learn how to handle success is by screwing up the first time you have success and get praised all season as a Super Bowl team and then show up in September and lay an egg.

Completely independent of what happens to the Cardinals this season, whether we win seven games or a Super Bowl, the remainder of this year and the upcoming offseason and 2017 season will tell us a lot about the direction of this franchise. How do you respond to problems on the field, to major free agency decisions, how do you bounce back from a less-than-stellar draft class, to how do you deal with internal turmoil or shakeups...2017 will tell us a lot about whether we're going to continue to compete every year no matter what wrenches get thrown into the mix, a la a Green Bay, or if we're going to be one of those talented but maddeningly up-and-down franchises, a la Dallas, where you have good years and bad years and lots of in-between years, and no one can ever seem to get the ship sailing straight consistently.

I still think we have A) an above-average head coach; B) an above-average GM; C) an above-average roster. That usually leads to a winning record and a playoff berth more often than not. But we do not have above-average execution, intangibles or cohesion this year, and that should be fixable. I hope it is, for all our sakes' as well as those of our coaches and players.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:29 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,814,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
It does make you wonder...what kind of insecure, outwardly-focused frontrunner has to make a big public show of "it's over, look at us, look at what color jersey we have on, we're the best" thirty seconds before the kick actually takes place. Wouldn't most normal human beings just wait to see the kick and then celebrate? You seriously can't wait 30 seconds to be a jackwagon?

I guess that missed kick was a well-timed corrective for unpleasant personalities like that.

Behavior like that, though, is one of the reasons I don't go to many sporting events anymore, especially football. Too many drunks, bullies and drunken bullies. It's been that way forever, and I guess as I've aged I just lost the capacity to put up with it like I used to. I remember going to baseball games by myself as a kid because I loved to watch my team play when they came to town to play the home team. I can't tell you how many times I'd be sitting quietly watching the game and have to deal with grown men, drunk, talking trash to me and cursing and trying to start something with a kid because I had the wrong hat or jacket on.

So I guess I've always had a dislike for those meathead fans who seem to think their team winning somehow makes them any more or less than any other person in the world. Sports fans ought to be able to enjoy the games and treat each other with courtesy, no matter how intense the rivalry. Cheer hard, have fun, but be courteous and pleasant.

I'm a little concerned by how hard he seemed to be taking it on the sideline. Kickers need a short memory, and we've seen too many who struggle with the mental aspects. To his credit, he has seemed to get over his extra-point problems from last year and he hit a big 45-yarder earlier in the game. His range is better than ever, e.g. the 60-yarder he hit. I truly believe he can be a 10+ year kicker in this league; he has shown the talent and consistency. But, short misses are one of this things that coaches and GM's just don't tolerate more than once every season or so and they can really undermine a guy in a hurry.

The blocked kick was not his fault at all and Wagner did that stupid leaping thing (which I bet will be made illegal entirely, sooner or later, as more people start doing it) on the short kick which might have caused him to rush his kick and pull it to the left.

I do give a lot of credit to our long snapper, Aaron Brewer, for getting all his snaps off cleanly even as Bobby Wagner was jumping over his back and it looked like brushing him with his foot.

I'll note that Drew Butler had punts blocked in the past and now Ryan Quigley got stuffed as well...so it's increasingly clear that our protection scheme has some continuing issues.

How many games, over how many years, do special teams have to cost this team before something changes? Our punts and kicks get blocked and our return teams haven't done much for two solid years. I also don't understand why we run a different returner out there seemingly every return play.

I understand that Bruce Arians is Mr. Loyalty to Coaches, and he and the ST coach have ties all the way back to Temple 30 years ago. But special teams were a bit of a nagging problem last year, and they're a tire fire this year, so at some point something has to change, doesn't it? We've seen before in the NFL that too much loyalty to underperforming assistant coaches can and does get head coaches in hot water.

As for the offense...I'm now going to concur with those who've been saying for a while now that Palmer is not the same as last year and it's clearly more than just a blip on the radar screen. Historically, he's always been a great deep-ball thrower and so for him to miss on so many deep throws not only in this game, but to miss on them consistently throughout the season so far, is a legitimate concern and I hope he gets his ducks in a row. Credit to Arians for a markedly different, power-run game plan. It was worth trying more whole-heartedly and we likely would have won this game if not for the blocked punt.

I hope the Cardinals eventually get it together; we all know the talent is there. I guess a young, come-up type team has to learn how to handle success, and one way you learn how to handle success is by screwing up the first time you have success and get praised all season as a Super Bowl team and then show up in September and lay an egg.

Completely independent of what happens to the Cardinals this season, whether we win seven games or a Super Bowl, the remainder of this year and the upcoming offseason and 2017 season will tell us a lot about the direction of this franchise. How do you respond to problems on the field, to major free agency decisions, how do you bounce back from a less-than-stellar draft class, to how do you deal with internal turmoil or shakeups...2017 will tell us a lot about whether we're going to continue to compete every year no matter what wrenches get thrown into the mix, a la a Green Bay, or if we're going to be one of those talented but maddeningly up-and-down franchises, a la Dallas, where you have good years and bad years and lots of in-between years, and no one can ever seem to get the ship sailing straight consistently.

I still think we have A) an above-average head coach; B) an above-average GM; C) an above-average roster. That usually leads to a winning record and a playoff berth more often than not. But we do not have above-average execution, intangibles or cohesion this year, and that should be fixable. I hope it is, for all our sakes' as well as those of our coaches and players.

Agree with most above but I have to disagree with the bolded part. BA is an ok coach who's to stubborn to change things up. Sure he finally moved away from the deep throws every other play and has been running DJ more but he's been out coached several times this year,the worse by the Ryans in Buffalo. Not running the ball on 3rd and 1 with DJ knowing our special teams flat out stinks! Amos Jones should've been fired after week 2 but BA will never do it because they're friends. Running a hurry up play and not looking at the previous DJ run which was clearly a TD cost us the game right there. Keeping Stanton is another bone head move when he's clearly a sub par back up high school qb. Cat was great in his rookie year but has been inconsistent ever since and has cost us more games than won over the last 3 years. Tell me you don't hold your breath every time he kicks. The league has had 3 years to figure him out and he's either to stubborn to change or just doesn't know how to. SK needs to step in and start making a statement and getting rid of players who can't perform (Cat) and especially Amos Jones!

Old 10-24-2016, 11:48 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,243,298 times
The DJ run in OT clearly wasn't a TD - close, but clearly not. He's out of bounds the second his foot hits the pylon and the ball didn't break the plane of the goal

Quote:
ScottsdaleMark - So I guess I've always had a dislike for those meathead fans who seem to think their team winning somehow makes them any more or less than any other person in the world. Sports fans ought to be able to enjoy the games and treat each other with courtesy, no matter how intense the rivalry. Cheer hard, have fun, but be courteous and pleasant.
100X this.

Football is one of the worst to go to as there are so many insecure drunks who derive personal worth off the actions of millionaire young men. Sports should be fun.

No individual in the stands actually wins or loses anything .... well, most fans in the stands lose a bunch of money to get into the stadium, buy concessions, merchandise, etc ...... but no one is winning anything.

I went to the SB out here and the crowd was fantastic. No one was spending that type of cash to get drunk and belligerent. The stadium got loud, people cheered, there was friendly banter but a lot more of just friendly conversation. If every game had that crowd I would go to a lot more games.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:10 PM

39,106 posts, read 51,313,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
The DJ run in OT clearly wasn't a TD - close, but clearly not. He's out of bounds the second his foot hits the pylon and the ball didn't break the plane of the goal

100X this.

Football is one of the worst to go to as there are so many insecure drunks who derive personal worth off the actions of millionaire young men. Sports should be fun.

No individual in the stands actually wins or loses anything .... well, most fans in the stands lose a bunch of money to get into the stadium, buy concessions, merchandise, etc ...... but no one is winning anything.

I went to the SB out here and the crowd was fantastic. No one was spending that type of cash to get drunk and belligerent. The stadium got loud, people cheered, there was friendly banter but a lot more of just friendly conversation. If every game had that crowd I would go to a lot more games.
That's just the way of the Seahawks fans. I dropped my seats this year, but every year that I went they were far more obnoxious compared to any others. I guess they take this "12th man" thing to mean acting like fools. It looked to me like the Birdgang way out-numbered them this year, too, but it is hard to tell when the tv keep showing them.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:23 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,974,660 times
Quote:
That's just the way of the Seahawks fans. I dropped my seats this year, but every year that I went they were far more obnoxious compared to any others. I guess they take this "12th man" thing to mean acting like fools. It looked to me like the Birdgang way out-numbered them this year, too, but it is hard to tell when the tv keep showing them.
I think Collinsworth was ready to start 12th manning from the booth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area