Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 03:57 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times

Advertisements

How can I check the status of my early ballot to see if it was received?
Quote:
You can visit the "Early Voting Ballot Status Inquiry" button on our main "Election’s Homepage". Here you will need to provide some detailed information to locate your record and your early ballot status. Please allow adequate time for the ballot to be received, verified and processed before inquiring on the return status. An average period to wait before inquiring, if mailing your ballot back to us from a local address, would be to allow for 2 business days for receipt through the mail and 2 business days to allow for the packet to go through the signature verification process. After this time period has passed, your early ballot status should be available though this site.
https://recorder.maricopa.gov/earlyv...lotstatus.aspx

And yes they did receive my mail-in-ballot if you can trust their system at Maricopa Elections Office. This is the 3rd time in a row that elections have been messed up ballots or have caused major issues with voting in the county. Seems like there's a pattern of incompetence..................

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 05:00 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
How can I check the status of my early ballot to see if it was received?
https://recorder.maricopa.gov/earlyv...lotstatus.aspx

And yes they did receive my mail-in-ballot if you can trust their system at Maricopa Elections Office. This is the 3rd time in a row that elections have been messed up ballots or have caused major issues with voting in the county. Seems like there's a pattern of incompetence..................

Whether it's just incompetence or intentional vote suppression is the question.

1. Voter ID Laws
2. Physical barriers to voting (only open up polling places in the "right" areas and impede voting by undesirable groups like after-work voters)
3. What's next? Intelligence tests? - Let's ask Putin, he knows best how to get the "right" majority.

Arizona is the only state in the Western world where you need to wear diapers to vote.

Old 03-24-2016, 05:01 PM

2,806 posts, read 3,178,395 times
I'm not sure who's better: Arizona at holding elections or Belgium at discovering and dismantling domestic terror cells.

Old 03-26-2016, 01:24 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,565,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
If they want everybody to vote by mail, they should just have a state wide referendum asking people if they want to make vote-by-mail the only option to vote, like they did in Oregon back in the late 90's.
Which in Oregon works exceedingly well, by the way.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
If they want everybody to vote by mail, they should just have a state wide referendum asking people if they want to make vote-by-mail the only option to vote, like they did in Oregon back in the late 90's.
I would oppose that as an only option. There are too many situations where people are in motion in Arizona and our address in flux. This is especially true of younger people. What I would like to see is internet voting. If we can bank, invest, and run business over the internet, surely we can vote securely. I understand there were some experiments with internet voting in other states this time. Internet voting could fix the problem we had here where Rubio got 13% of the vote even though he quit by allowing changes right up to poll closing time.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:39 PM

977 posts, read 1,109,685 times
I changed my registration from Independent so I could vote in the primary. It shows on-line that my registration was changed---it shows that I voted by early ballot in the primary, but when I went to the site to see if my ballot was counted it says that it was not. (No one with that info) So I am really angry!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area