Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 08:47 PM

1,707 posts, read 4,340,051 times

Advertisements

Ok, Im from CA and am soon to be in Casa Grande or Maricopa. I ve tried to understand the AZ tax system and yet I am too dense to do so....

On a 100,000 house (using this cuz it makes math easier), what ARE the property taxes gonna be annually...?

If you dont know about Maricopa or CG specifically, can I at least get explained to me the Overall tax computing in Pinal County? I believe its the same as Statewide...

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 01:26 AM

1,216 posts, read 3,028,424 times
This link will take you to the info that you are looking for:

Pinal County Treasurer - Tax Area Code Search

It is listed by tax area code, which in order to know the tax area code of a certain property you do a search by the owner's name (just make up a last name until someone in Maricopa or Casa Grande pops up) or the parcel number at this link:

Pinal County Treasurer - Tax Bill Search

Then click on the parcel number on that page. Another page will pop up, then look down the resulting page a little way on the left and you will see the tax area code. Use this info at the first link above.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 15,659 times
Default scary tax rate

I am buying a house in Maricopa and just found out the tax rate - it's horrible! I am paying $117K for the house, it was appraised at $133K. The city of Maricopa has is at $182K and they are charging $190 a month in property tax! That's twice what my mother pays in Mesa and her house is on the tax rolls at $235k. I think it's so high because Maricopa is still new and they are building schools, roads, developments, etc that aren't free. I only pray that eventually the tax rate will go down but for right now it's pretty frightening.

Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,162,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmijits View Post
I am buying a house in Maricopa and just found out the tax rate - it's horrible! I am paying $117K for the house, it was appraised at $133K. The city of Maricopa has is at $182K and they are charging $190 a month in property tax! That's twice what my mother pays in Mesa and her house is on the tax rolls at $235k. I think it's so high because Maricopa is still new and they are building schools, roads, developments, etc that aren't free. I only pray that eventually the tax rate will go down but for right now it's pretty frightening.
Dude, we explained the possibly in the thread that YOU created earlier. It's in a different COUNTY.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:41 AM

551 posts, read 2,725,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapmijits View Post
...I am paying $117K for the house, it was appraised at $133K. The city of Maricopa has is at $182K and they are charging $190 a month in property tax!...
Contact the County of Pinal Assessors office and request a re-appraisal.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:59 AM

37 posts, read 18,978 times
So what? the point is still valid....Thank you for posting sablebaby, I live in the city of Maricopa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sablebaby View Post
Dude, we explained the possibly in the thread that YOU created earlier. It's in a different COUNTY.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:11 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricSavant View Post
So what? the point is still valid....Thank you for posting sablebaby, I live in the city of Maricopa.
It's an 11 year old thread. A lot of things could have changed since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area