Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 11:55 PM

90 posts, read 69,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsdaleMark View Post
It's interesting how many people love to bash Scottsdale every time this type of thread comes up. There are a number of people who post here who live there, as there are with every area of the Valley.

I guess I find the irony interesting when posters are rude in answering a question in where to avoid rude people, and when posters stereotype hundreds of thousands of people in answering a question about where to avoid shallow or unpleasant people.
It's because they can't afford it. Just being honest. The usual excuse is EVERYONE THERE IS ON CREDIT CARD DEBT AND EVERYONE IS FAKE. That makes regular Phoenicians feel better about Scottsdale/PV

No, there are legitimately people with more money than you could ever wrap your head around. We're solid top 1%'ers, and I saw a $3,000,000 Pagani here today, so the wealth just gets pretty crazy at some point.

I get a kick out of the fact people in Phoenix really think people here are just drowning to show off/rude. Nope. The 101 was closed so I was unable to get my trainer on the West side. After living here 2 years so far, I've never even been to any of places, North Phoenix, Glendale, etc, and looked way out of place in my Maserati and totally screamed Scottsdale, but who cares? I wasn't being rude to anyone, and smiled/was friendly. Everyone I've met at parks here have been very friendly, the drivers are assjacks but no one is rude.

My 2cts, but lots of sour grapes in the valley when it comes to wealthy areas since the rest of the city is generally middle-class/poor Hispanics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 10:08 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,746,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoaz20172 View Post
It's because they can't afford it. Just being honest. The usual excuse is EVERYONE THERE IS ON CREDIT CARD DEBT AND EVERYONE IS FAKE. That makes regular Phoenicians feel better about Scottsdale/PV

No, there are legitimately people with more money than you could ever wrap your head around. We're solid top 1%'ers, and I saw a $3,000,000 Pagani here today, so the wealth just gets pretty crazy at some point.

I get a kick out of the fact people in Phoenix really think people here are just drowning to show off/rude. Nope. The 101 was closed so I was unable to get my trainer on the West side. After living here 2 years so far, I've never even been to any of places, North Phoenix, Glendale, etc, and looked way out of place in my Maserati and totally screamed Scottsdale, but who cares? I wasn't being rude to anyone, and smiled/was friendly. Everyone I've met at parks here have been very friendly, the drivers are assjacks but no one is rude.

My 2cts, but lots of sour grapes in the valley when it comes to wealthy areas since the rest of the city is generally middle-class/poor Hispanics.
I've never understood the "everyone is in debt thing" either. There are a ton of high paying jobs in the area, it's well established that many former professional athletes and hollywood elite have residences in greater Phoenix Mohammad Ali was one of them but it runs the gamut from Charles Barkley to Danica Patrick and Randy Johnson just to name a few. People think they're living on credit? Right..

I disagree that the rest of Phoenix metro is poor, there's plenty of very nice areas beyond just North Scottsdale/Paradise Valley. Gilbert, Chandler, the Biltmore Area, Arrowhead, and East Mesa makeup great upper end neighborhoods and downtown Phoenix has some seriously nice complexes like Chateau on Central, no one Middle Class is buying a place there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area