Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 03:09 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888metro View Post
I've read the census figures and most Maricopa County residents are from east of the rockies. When I lived there, only met two people in the county who moved there from California. The rest from back east or elsewhere. Now, there are lots of transient residents from California, such as students. But they go back.
I did not find the Midwesterners in Scottsdale to be nice. They flaunt their wealth in such a way that Californians don't do within their rich enclaves. Sorry, poster. I'm born, raised, on the west coast. You can't make me love you, says Bonnie Raitt.
Well, I can start right off the bat and say your census figures are absolutely inaccurate. California sends more transplants to AZ than any other state, and its ultra apparent. You cannot literally go 2 minutes on the road w/o seeing a CA plate. CA is first, IL second, NY 3rd, TX 4th. Illinois has sent 4% of its 12 million population to AZ. CA has sent 9% of its 33 million population to AZ. Do the numbers.

Top 10 States Arizona Residents Come From | Phoenix New Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2016, 03:52 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Well, I can start right off the bat and say your census figures are absolutely inaccurate. California sends more transplants to AZ than any other state, and its ultra apparent. You cannot literally go 2 minutes on the road w/o seeing a CA plate. CA is first, IL second, NY 3rd, TX 4th. Illinois has sent 4% of its 12 million population to AZ. CA has sent 9% of its 33 million population to AZ. Do the numbers.Top 10 States Arizona Residents Come From | Phoenix New Times
Californians are easy to spot.

They drive on surface streets as if they were freeways. They drive on freeways as if they were on a NASCAR track. They rarely slow down for Arizona's octogonal "stop signs". I assume that they have none over there. Arizonans are "zonies", meaning that they must be fornies?

Old 11-18-2016, 04:49 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Well, I can start right off the bat and say your census figures are absolutely inaccurate. California sends more transplants to AZ than any other state, and its ultra apparent. You cannot literally go 2 minutes on the road w/o seeing a CA plate. CA is first, IL second, NY 3rd, TX 4th. Illinois has sent 4% of its 12 million population to AZ. CA has sent 9% of its 33 million population to AZ. Do the numbers.

I got into this same discussion with him when his screen name was Arizona89A or something like that. he has at least 4 screen names based on some of the information ive received

Old 11-18-2016, 04:50 PM

4,624 posts, read 9,279,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt Cassidy View Post
Californians are easy to spot.

They drive on surface streets as if they were freeways. They drive on freeways as if they were on a NASCAR track. They rarely slow down for Arizona's octogonal "stop signs". I assume that they have none over there. Arizonans are "zonies", meaning that they must be fornies?
Well all the above is true except the stop sign part for me. Good analysis

Old 11-18-2016, 07:21 PM

31 posts, read 30,213 times
Quote:

While I certainly agree with the gist of your post, I don't think that we can call it as "9% of CA's 33 million population has moved to AZ". It is more like "9% of AZ population has come from CA", and so on. Those are heavily populated states and even their single digit chunks moving here would have resulted in AZ population much more than what it is today.

Old 11-19-2016, 02:06 AM

52 posts, read 64,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKDH View Post
While I certainly agree with the gist of your post, I don't think that we can call it as "9% of CA's 33 million population has moved to AZ". It is more like "9% of AZ population has come from CA", and so on. Those are heavily populated states and even their single digit chunks moving here would have resulted in AZ population much more than what it is today.
Most people in AZ are either native to AZ or from back east. Yeah, I'd agree w/ you that maybe 9% of AZ population is from the west coast. Not that much. My point is that in CA, our rich areas don't flaunt their wealth, like the Midwesterners do in Scottsdale, and parts of Phoenix. Places like Westlake and Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, people are rich but don't flaunt their wealth.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:45 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,961,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888metro View Post
Most people in AZ are either native to AZ or from back east. Yeah, I'd agree w/ you that maybe 9% of AZ population is from the west coast. Not that much. My point is that in CA, our rich areas don't flaunt their wealth, like the Midwesterners do in Scottsdale, and parts of Phoenix. Places like Westlake and Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, people are rich but don't flaunt their wealth.
California has entire television shows dedicated to residents flaunting wealth.

Old 11-19-2016, 11:03 AM

656 posts, read 813,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSt0ne View Post
The few times I've been up to Scottsdale, there was always a TON of makeup involved. Ever checked out Gilbert?
Plus yoga pants, baseball caps, bleached hair and stretched out faces glaring as ****.

Old 11-19-2016, 12:41 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,636,014 times
Quote:

I'm surprised Colorado didn't make the list. I've seen a ton of CO plates recently up here in Prescott Valley, and I was a former who moved here in June 2016. There's a few Wyoming plates also, which is odd.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:57 AM

977 posts, read 1,011,771 times
I like the nice looking people! Where are they at?!? Just Scottsdale city limits?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area