Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 11:00 PM

11 posts, read 7,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
Let's not forget that a lot of people housed in the jail system have not been convicted of anything, and are not therefore "lawbreakers" or "criminals".

As "tough on crime" as Arpaio was, or said he was, he's the one who got that "cushy" jail built.
Yes the jails are filled with innocent people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2017, 11:02 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,978,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevendustz View Post
A lot of people are detained before convicted so yes.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:03 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,671,628 times
Quote:
It's absurd you can't think that maybe Tent City can be expanded to house more criminals. My idea is a prime example of fiscal conservative and how you save money and don't coddle criminals. Running out of desert or something where Tent City couldn't be expanded? Fail!!!!
You really haven't thought this through. Like not at all. You're proposing the demolition of seven existing and functional facilities? For what? The Sheriff made the right call on all fronts.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Perhaps a basic understanding of this country's justice system would help before engaging in further debate.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Perhaps a basic understanding of this country's justice system would help before engaging in further debate.
I understand the justice system fully. My comment was common sense. You feel most people in tent city are filled with people who did no crimes. You are naive.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 PM

Quote:
You really haven't thought this through. Like not at all. You're proposing the demolition of seven existing and functional facilities? For what? The Sheriff made the right call on all fronts.
Who said they should be demolished. They could be put to good use as buildings for private or public business. How about Outreach centers for Crime Victims. I'm for that.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:30 PM

Quote:
I understand the justice system fully. My comment was common sense. You feel most people in tent city are filled with people who did no crimes. You are naive.
What I "feel" is completely irrelevant. One of the basic principals which we enjoy in this county is presumption of innocence until proven otherwise. If you don't support that, and you're saying those that do are naive, perhaps some Middle Eastern country where they chop off your head and ask questions later would be a better fit.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:35 PM

Quote:
What I "feel" is completely irrelevant. One of the basic principals which we enjoy in this county is presumption of innocence until proven otherwise. If you don't support that, and you're saying those that do are naive, perhaps some Middle Eastern country where they chop off your head and ask questions later would be a better fit.
You are extreme in example. You say most people sitting in tent city will be found innocent. Thats crazy. I say trial yes but the vast majority will be guilty. Why so complicated for you. You need common sense on this.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
You are extreme in example. You say most people sitting in tent city will be found innocent. Thats crazy. I say trial yes but the vast majority will be guilty. Why so complicated for you. You need common sense on this.
Show me where I said anything about most people anything. You're making things up to support a weak argument. Tent City was incredibly wasteful and ineffective at doing anything but getting a showboating politician reelected.

Old 04-04-2017, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Show me where I said anything about most people anything. You're making things up to support a weak argument. Tent City was incredibly wasteful and ineffective at doing anything but getting a showboating politician reelected.
Dont get upset. Stick to subject.

I say extend tent city. Use other county jails for better use. Big money saved. You favor criminal rights it seems not saving money. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area