Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2017, 02:33 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,976,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempeAZnative View Post
Penzone was going to close it now matter what since that's What Soros paid him to do and further his agenda. He had to wait and find a good cover story. Let's see an actual polling of inmates and folks who were released to find out how enjoyable tent city actually was.
Eastern European billionaire cares about a singular prison in Phoenix Arizona?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2017, 02:38 PM

1,023 posts, read 1,456,529 times
Quote:
Penzone was going to close it now matter what since that's What Soros paid him to do and further his agenda. He had to wait and find a good cover story. Let's see an actual polling of inmates and folks who were released to find out how enjoyable tent city actually was.
I know a lot of ppl who have done time and I've been told that Tent City was much better than LBJ or 4th Ave due to the freedom of an open yard. It's just like in DOC an inmate would much rather run around on an open yard (2 yard) like North Unit or La Paz as opposed to be slammed down all day in closed custody like Morey or Rynning.

But regardless of that, how does Soros benefit from the closure of Tent City? I'm not saying that he doesn't, I just don't understand how he does.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:39 PM

770 posts, read 839,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
Why did his PACs donate millions to the Penzone campaign trying to defeat Sheriff Joe? Soros spent over 2 billion dollars to trying to get people in place to push his globalist agenda.

Old 04-05-2017, 02:44 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,669,627 times
To recap, those against Tent City's closure have provided the following reasons:

-Tent City should be expanded to house all inmates and the other five facilites should be "repurposed"

-Obama wasted money

-It's closing because George Soros said so

You can't make this stuff up! Not one remotely viable argument.

Old 04-05-2017, 04:48 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,111,928 times
I have not seen one compelling reason in this entire thread to leave it open. Again, I am pretty far to the right and it makes perfect sense to me to shut it down.

Old 04-05-2017, 08:36 PM

2,852 posts, read 4,508,616 times
By not adhering to a judge's orders, Nickelbag Joe disobeyed the laws he expected everyone else to follow.

He cost Maricopa County taxpayers millions of dollars in legal fees alone.

It's funny how conservatives who supported Arpaio talk tough about punishing criminals and saving taxpayer money but when one of their own is a criminal and a money-waster it's a whole different story.

In any event Arpaio is history and Tent City should be history too.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:28 PM
SMG

490 posts, read 1,111,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Java Jolt View Post
By not adhering to a judge's orders, Nickelbag Joe disobeyed the laws he expected everyone else to follow.

He cost Maricopa County taxpayers millions of dollars in legal fees alone.

It's funny how conservatives who supported Arpaio talk tough about punishing criminals and saving taxpayer money but when one of their own is a criminal and a money-waster it's a whole different story.

In any event Arpaio is history and Tent City should be history too.

LOL, I agree with you but I am a conservative. Kind of kills that part of your message, I know many that feel the same way. This isnt a conservative/liberal issue...in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2017, 11:35 PM

42,868 posts, read 26,375,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevendustz View Post
It's absurd you can't think that maybe Tent City can be expanded to house more criminals. My idea is a prime example of fiscal conservative and how you save money and don't coddle criminals. Running out of desert or something where Tent City couldn't be expanded? Fail!!!!
The Supreme court has held that prisoners have basic rights to food, water, medical care and decent living conditions. Tent City has cost the taxpayers 79 million dollars in lawsuits for violations to the constitutional rights of prisoners, some of those were wrongful death suits. So, why don't you go do the math come back and tell us how fiscally conservative tent city was?

Old 04-05-2017, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I'm telling you, Soros is everywhere at all times..just an amazing guy. I was told on these forums that he paid people to go to the women's march after Trump's inauguration so I've been checking my mailbox for the check everyday, but so far nothing has shown up

Old 04-05-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
I'm sure that the inmates will all beg to have it reopened because being outside in 125 degrees is just the funnest thing ever
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area