Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the best weather month in the Phoenix area?
January 4 5.48%
February 3 4.11%
March 18 24.66%
April 8 10.96%
May 3 4.11%
June 1 1.37%
July 6 8.22%
August 0 0%
September 1 1.37%
October 7 9.59%
November 18 24.66%
December 4 5.48%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:09 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,746,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
Monsoon season I feel really isn't until August, hence the "I get August but... July??"

Though there is a lot less traffic in the summer. I prefer worse traffic and better weather.
Not sure where you got that from. Back before they picked arbitrary dates on the calendar, the average start date for the monsoon was July 7 (ending September 13th). The average rainfall in July and August is nearly identical, with July having a slight edge.

https://www.tripsavvy.com/arizona-monsoon-facts-2683732

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/twc/monsoon/monsoon_phx.php
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2017, 09:31 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,301,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Elle Tea.

That has her name written all over it.
I have not voted.

Of the summer June is my favourite, though. Before the clouds and stench of monsoon.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:30 AM

8,045 posts, read 12,273,796 times
The period from June through August is my favorite time of year ... to get away! It's the perfect time for extended trips to northern AZ, the White Mountains, the Rocky Mountains, the CA coast, etc. Anywhere but Phoenix in the summer months.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:44 PM

Gotta love November, especially when the temperatures are lower, and when we have the first signs of the winter storm season. The 7 day forecast looks great:

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 47. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 70. East northeast wind around 5 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 48. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph after midnight.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 72. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind.

Monday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming southwest around 5 mph.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Calm wind.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Calm wind becoming south southeast around 5 mph.

Tuesday Night: A 20 percent chance of rain after 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph.

Wednesday: A 50 percent chance of rain. Partly sunny, with a high near 68. Southeast wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. South wind around 5 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Thanksgiving Day: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68. South southeast wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 53. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Friday: Rain likely. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. South wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

source: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...6#.XdjE5_lKi1s

Old 11-23-2019, 01:05 AM

1,336 posts, read 929,187 times
My first Nov here... got to AZ end of Mar 2019. Enjoying this cooler weather immensely, after going through that Jul-Aug summer beat down. Wow.

I don't really mind the summer day heat, it's the fact that the night doesn't really cool down at all, that is crazy.
It's like the A/C is droning on all the time. The garage is 125F 24x7, with my even hotter car now parked, giving off more heat yet.

Old 11-23-2019, 06:33 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,975,314 times
I voted March, but considering how many idiots are gone by April, it is honorable mention. October is great, but October is great all across the US.

Old 11-23-2019, 08:02 AM

4,222 posts, read 3,739,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
My first Nov here... got to AZ end of Mar 2019. Enjoying this cooler weather immensely, after going through that Jul-Aug summer beat down. Wow.

I don't really mind the summer day heat, it's the fact that the night doesn't really cool down at all, that is crazy.
It's like the A/C is droning on all the time. The garage is 125F 24x7, with my even hotter car now parked, giving off more heat yet.
Leave your car outside until it cools down, that will help a bit with garage temp if you care a lot. Or if it really bothers you some people run a/c to it, much like my in-laws heat their garage in Midwest.

Welcome to Phoenix and your first snowbird season in the valley, I'm already excited for summer to return.

Old 11-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post

It doesn't cool off much at night during the summer due to a phenomenon called the urban heat island effect. This is especially noticeable in July & August when the temperatures often barely drop below 90 degrees all night (except after the occasional monsoon storm). June is a little more comfortable because of the dry air, and the low temperatures at least fall into the 70s most of the time, but I remember the days when lows in the 60s were very common in June, and again by about the last half of September. Not anymore! One good thing about the heat island is it usually keep the winter nights from getting too cold. Hard freezes are pretty rare anymore, and they used to be quite common.

Old 11-25-2019, 08:38 AM

9,746 posts, read 11,171,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
I voted March, but considering how many idiots are gone by April, it is honorable mention. October is great, but October is great all across the US.
Not at all. I left for AZ on October 7th for a reason. https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/br...weather/333828

1/4 of the months high temps were in the 30's. Over 1/2 of the month high temps were either in the 30's or 40's. So no, October isn't great everywhere. If I bothered to count the rainy and or cloudy days, it would be more depressing.

My guess is the Pacific NW (west of the mountain range) was also less than ideal.

Old 11-25-2019, 10:33 AM

6,763 posts, read 5,066,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post

* A feeling of fall in the air without the chill or having to rake leaves.

I agree with November, but no leaf raking is not part of the equation for me. We have lots of trees, and therefore lots of leaf cleanup. You can have no leaf raking anywhere in the country... just cut down all the trees!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area