Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 11:21 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,566,607 times

Advertisements

With at least 6 months of nearly-ideal weather here in the Valley of the Sun right in front of many of us, that's far superior to what yours truly and millions of other ex-Californians had to put up with in 64+ years of living in LA, to go with a substantially higher quality of life here than in CA.

Consequently a few cloudy days here and there is very tolerable for lots of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2017, 07:39 PM

369 posts, read 269,139 times
Default I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
With at least 6 months of nearly-ideal weather here in the Valley of the Sun right in front of many of us, that's far superior to what yours truly and millions of other ex-Californians had to put up with in 64+ years of living in LA, to go with a substantially higher quality of life here than in CA.

Consequently a few cloudy days here and there is very tolerable for lots of us.
Cloudy days with cooler weather is perfectly fine with me. It sure is better than that dreadful heat we have to put up with all summer.

I just wish we'd get some rain. My sinus and skin have been so dry because of the lack of moisture.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:25 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,963,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
It’s not even winter yet, so I don’t see how this winter has been cloudy “so far.”
Don't read into things too much.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Right. So cloud cover isn't ALL BAD!
It wasn't cloudy up by the trails where I hike, it was cloudier more west and south. I was in the sun at the peak. The only shade I got was when the trail was in the shadows, and it was cold.

Old 12-17-2017, 04:11 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,895,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlegirlinaz View Post
Cloudy days with cooler weather is perfectly fine with me. It sure is better than that dreadful heat we have to put up with all summer.

I just wish we'd get some rain. My sinus and skin have been so dry because of the lack of moisture.
I would send some to you if I could because I love all kinds of rain, snow, and other moisture

Here's a photo I took of some nice snow and clouds.

It's cloudy pretty much all fall and winter here; in fact it is rare to have a clear day here at any time of the year

Old 12-17-2017, 04:39 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
I would send some to you if I could because I love all kinds of rain, snow, and other moisture

It's cloudy pretty much all fall and winter here; in fact it is rare to have a clear day here at any time of the year
That reminds me of the hell I experienced in NY every winter, I moved here to escape that permanently

Old 12-17-2017, 05:55 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
it sure is pretty to look at via a picture, but, same here, after decades in the Midwest and dealing with that, I am so done with snow and ice...

Old 12-18-2017, 08:44 AM

136 posts, read 160,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post

I miss those views! So peaceful, beautiful, and overrated by most. Unfortunately, most take these gorgeous isolated areas of nature for granted until moving somewhere hectic and insanely busy all the time like overrated sunny all the time Phoenix. What I miss the most are country roads with nature lining the side. No free open space anywhere here - it's like living in a prison of big box stores I would do anything to see that exact scene right now!

Old 12-18-2017, 08:55 AM

"That was a fantastic cloudy, cool, windy, damp weekend, eh, guys?" - no one ever.

Frickin weekend was ugly. I wanted to go hiking Sunday but cancelled after the downpour we got overnight. Everything woulda been a slippery, muddy mess.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:06 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,610,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingsoon81 View Post
I miss those views! So peaceful, beautiful, and overrated by most. Unfortunately, most take these gorgeous isolated areas of nature for granted until moving somewhere hectic and insanely busy all the time like overrated sunny all the time Phoenix. What I miss the most are country roads with nature lining the side. No free open space anywhere here - it's like living in a prison of big box stores I would do anything to see that exact scene right now!
Remind us again why people move here to Arizona?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area