Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 03:22 PM

3,421 posts, read 2,947,033 times

Advertisements

very true, lets hope things stay the way they are here..
and, even though I dont care if my neighbors garage door is opened or closed, there are certain aspects of some CC&R's that I do support..obviously, they are all different, but I dont want to see people changing their oil / repairing their cars on the street, or having lots of giant RV's parked all over the place, or garbage cans sitting outside for 3 or 4 days at a time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2017, 03:39 PM

6,834 posts, read 5,147,457 times
Thankfully our HOA is not unreasonable at all.

When we were house hunting (not in the neighborhood where we purchased) we got an HOA warning for parking on the wrong side of the street. We even received a verbal lashing from the resident who put the warning on our vehicle. Yes, there was a no parking sign, and yes we were in violation. Mind you, this was in a gated neighborhood with generously wide streets and not a single vehicle parked on either side of said street except for our own.

All I can say is thank god we got that warning. It would have been pure hell to live in that neighborhood.

Old 12-05-2017, 05:39 PM

thats pretty Draconian, putting a warning on a visiting vehicle..
You must have stood out like a sore thumb on those sterile, uninhibited streets!

Gotta feel sorry for anyone who bought there, unless they support that kind of actions against visitors....

Old 12-05-2017, 07:02 PM

9,185 posts, read 16,724,542 times
I wish my HOA would enforce parking on the correct side of the street. I’ve never seen people do it anywhere as regularly as Phoenix. It’s as lazy as it gets.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:14 PM

13,575 posts, read 7,540,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeclee56 View Post
My husband has returned from an early scouting trip to the area and he loved Merrill Ranch (Parkside) in Florence. When we spoke to their main office about Restrictions, asking specifically if there would be an issue with my husband's car hobby (garage workshop), they told him that garage doors have to be closed at all times unless you are going into or out of your home.

I find this absurd. This part of Merrill Ranch is an all-ages neighborhood. Why if you have small kids and they are out riding their bikes in the street? Does the garage door have to be shut when they leave? What if my husband wants to wax his car on a hot day. He has to have the door closed and suffocate?

I can understand not wanting to see a row of messy, overcrowded garage interiors while driving down the street. But if a person is working in his or her garage, it seems crazy that you can't have an open door.

We are going to try to determine if garage door issue is just a "preference" or if it is written into the C & Rs. Meanwhile, I'm curious: Do any of you live in an area with this regulation? Wondering how common it is.
Why bother with that just buy somewhere else if your husband wants a workshop I would not even buy a home in an HOA buy 5 acre lot with a big workshop like this > https://www.ziprealty.com/property/2...2692035/detail I would love to have this I could never drive that far out for my job everyday If your husband has a car hobby like me this place is perfect no nosy neighbors tell you how to park your car.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:20 PM

386 posts, read 329,144 times
Get more acreage, so he can make all the noise he wants and the rest of us do not have to listen to his noise.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I wish my HOA would enforce parking on the correct side of the street. I’ve never seen people do it anywhere as regularly as Phoenix. It’s as lazy as it gets.
we've got alot of people who do it here too; I dont mind when people do it when its the side of the street where there are no driveways or house entries...but when its just laziness, I dont get it either. I guess they think that since its a gated community, there are no cops around patrolling, writing tickets for laziness/stupidity like that, and they might be right...do cops actually come in and patrol gated communities? I don't think I have seen any driving through my community, but I have 4 or 5 cops who live on my block or across the street, so maybe that has something to do with it...too new here to really know that kind of stuff..

Old 12-05-2017, 09:07 PM

13,575 posts, read 7,540,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
Get more acreage, so he can make all the noise he wants and the rest of us do not have to listen to his noise.
When you say "Rest of us" your not speaking for me I have no problem with a car hobby as long as they don't leave broken down cars in their driveway. You want to talk about noise how about landscapers with their loud 2 stroke engines at 6 am in the morning.

Old 12-05-2017, 09:16 PM

44,718 posts, read 61,944,526 times
Open garage doors also invite garage burglaries. Our neighbor a few years ago lost some bicycles, tools etc from an open garage door.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 AM

2,775 posts, read 5,754,220 times
I was like the OP when I first read some CC&Rs. Then I bought a house in Surprise where one family of hoo hahs had a whole kitchen table set up in the garage where they would sit by the open garage door and give passers by the stink eye. Very strange but eventually resolved.

The problem for me is simple, my next door neighbor has a great old classic car in his well kept garage. Door open or closed, it looks good. 3 doors down, another neighbor has a wall of crap at least 6 ft high from front to back and side to side, door closed, nobody see this huge load of crap, door open..... With houses packed so close together owners have to have some kind of say in preventing eye soars.

The garage-mahal design style of so many houses doesn't help the situation either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area