Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 07:25 AM

13,249 posts, read 7,304,105 times

Advertisements

I find most of the people who complain about what is going on inside a neighbors garage are old retired people who are angry or depressed about being old have nothing to do they should mind their own business .I have one or two neighbors I talk to they are always complaining about other people. My neighbor he complains about people who decorate for Halloween because people ring his door bell he hates garage sales too I always joke about him being the king of the neighborhood when I see a garage sale if they got that approved by him we are not in an HOA he should move to one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 07:59 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
anger, depression and bad attitude are not conditions that are reserved for just "old retired people"

Old 12-06-2017, 09:21 AM

129 posts, read 187,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
anger, depression and bad attitude are not conditions that are reserved for just "old retired people"
AMEN to that! I'm pushing 70, active and nothing much bothers me.

On my FB newsfeed, there are so many, with the above characteristics, that are young enough to be my grandchildren. I don't understand it at all. I hope that they get some needed help.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:27 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times
agree; thats why I dumped Facebook a long time ago..sick of the hatred and negativity that is all over that waste of bandwidth "social" network

Old 12-06-2017, 09:28 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
HOAs vs No HOA . . .

Unfortunately, the necessity for HOAs is fairly simple . . . "indifference and arrogance."

I am not a big fan of HOAs, however, I fully understand the reason they have become so popular and commonplace.

Old 12-06-2017, 09:29 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,742,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I wish my HOA would enforce parking on the correct side of the street. I’ve never seen people do it anywhere as regularly as Phoenix. It’s as lazy as it gets.
Not really an HOA issue, it's a city issue. In Phoenix, if this concerned you, you would call parking enforcement, I assume that Scottsdale would have something similar.

We get a lot of that in our HOA-less neighborhood. A few weeks a go, somebody, not sure if it was the police or the parking folks, did a sweep and ticketed several cars.

Old 12-06-2017, 08:31 PM

375 posts, read 609,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
An open garage?! The horror

I am so glad I don't have an HOA.
ROTFLMAO!

Some people just can't it if someone is enjoying their property. Little tyrants with manicured little dogs that live in ticky-tacky neighborhoods walking around checking the height of blade of grass, the condition of lawn furniture, faded or non-conforming paint and worst of all ............ open garage doors.
HOA's - little fascist concentration communes.

Old 12-07-2017, 04:57 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Here is my take on an open garage. Without basements, some people have their sh_t stacked and piled up inside their garage. I say close that eyesore! For those people, get rid of the crap that you are not using.

In another example, the same house with a well kept highly organized garage (they always seem to have those epoxy floors) doesn't bother me a bit. Therefore, the HOA writes a general rule and will write the messy ones and overlook the well kept garages.

To the OP, take a picture and post it. I'll bet I know which camp your garage falls into (cluttered, stuffed, and unorganized). You might not see it that way so let us all be the judge. If it is messy to us, close it or minimize it being open. Because some of your neighbors (like me) hate that messy look. I'd say NORMALLY HOA's are rational and the NORMALLY pick their battles with people who simply cannot grasp what is wrong with purple paint, chickens in the back yard, over grown trees brushing up against our house, leaving their garage cans out for weeks at a time, weeds growing at knee lengths etc etc.

So I take the good with the bad. Give me an HOA that might be pickier than not having one at all. I'll take that trade-off all the time.

Old 12-07-2017, 07:39 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
I could not agree more, MN-Born . . .

BEAUTIFULLY STATED.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:37 AM

83 posts, read 80,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Here is my take on an open garage. Without basements, some people have their sh_t stacked and piled up inside their garage. I say close that eyesore! For those people, get rid of the crap that you are not using.

In another example, the same house with a well kept highly organized garage (they always seem to have those epoxy floors) doesn't bother me a bit. Therefore, the HOA writes a general rule and will write the messy ones and overlook the well kept garages.
You are getting at a good point: If the HOA issues fines for generally messy conditions (overgrown grass, trash piled outside, etc.), then you would think that they would allow open garage doors IF the garage is well-kept and neat. That way they could ticket the messy, unkempt garage-owner.

However, by choosing to write a rule that no garage doors may be open, the HOA is punishing those of us with pristine garages.

For you car people out there, here's a pic of the car my husband built in our beautiful, epoxy-floored, organized garage. Unfortunately, we no longer own either the car or the garage.

https://imgur.com/m1Yobn7

Last edited by bdeclee56; 12-07-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area