Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 08:46 AM

640 posts, read 958,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJC1974 View Post
I appreciate everyone’s input, I don’t believe I was going about things backwards. I was looking for some information on commute times from different suburbs of Phoenix. To be clear I’m not looking for real estate advice or a realtor. I just wanted some honest information on commute times. I don’t believe my budget is relevant to my question, but again thank you for the input.
No one is going to tell you what house to buy, so that’s silly to say you aren’t looking for a realtor or real estate advice. But what is the point of telling you to live in McCormick Ranch or Arcadia (which were great suggestions by Valley Native) if you aren’t planning to spend $500k - $1M on a house?

And as mentioned, Google maps will give you commute times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 08:52 AM

4,624 posts, read 9,280,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phx1205 View Post
No one is going to tell you what house to buy, so that’s silly to say you aren’t looking for a realtor or real estate advice. But what is the point of telling you to live in McCormick Ranch or Arcadia (which were great suggestions by Valley Native) if you aren’t planning to spend $500k - $1M on a house?

And as mentioned, Google maps will give you commute times.
I don't think houses can be had for $500k in Arcadia anymore. Land value alone seems to be in the $800k+ range anymore with older non kept up houses actually detracting from the value due to tear down costs. I was just looking at a new build 4 bedroom on a smallish lot for Arcadia in the $1.9M range

Old 12-19-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asufan View Post
I don't think houses can be had for $500k in Arcadia anymore. Land value alone seems to be in the $800k+ range anymore with older non kept up houses actually detracting from the value due to tear down costs. I was just looking at a new build 4 bedroom on a smallish lot for Arcadia in the $1.9M range
I know, tear-downs in Arcadia are going for $800k+! Crazy. I was referring to McCormick Ranch with the $500k.

Old 12-19-2017, 12:49 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Remember, a 45 minute commute can easily turn into 1.5 hours if there is an accident. And there are ALWAYS accidents in this area. Always. Some days the accident report on the radio reads like a grocery list, its really ridiculous.

Keep your commute as short as you can.

Old 12-19-2017, 04:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,502 times
Not necessarily the case sir, I can live wherever I choose to and your input is unhelpful at this point. I asked a simple question, I’m sorry you’ve misunderstood it. I’ll do my own research.

Old 12-19-2017, 05:01 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times
Quote:
Not necessarily the case sir, I can live wherever I choose to and your input is unhelpful at this point. I asked a simple question, I’m sorry you’ve misunderstood it. I’ll do my own research.
Actually you didn’t ask a question at all, simple or not. You clearly don’t know the area and those of us that do are offering you sound advice. No one can force you to take it, but if you want something helpful from strangers you should provide a bit more information as to what you’re looking for and if you’re going to refuse, at least be grateful for what you’ve gotten.

Old 12-19-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, can live wherever you want. And obviously if you prefer to commute 45 minutes each way (instead of spending that time with your growing family) then that’s your choice. Good luck!

Old 12-19-2017, 11:19 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,618,169 times
Quote:
I appreciate everyone’s input, I don’t believe I was going about things backwards. I was looking for some information on commute times from different suburbs of Phoenix. To be clear I’m not looking for real estate advice or a realtor. I just wanted some honest information on commute times. I don’t believe my budget is relevant to my question, but again thank you for the input.
Your commute time will vary greatly depending on what hours you'll be working. If you have the ability to negotiate flextime, it will free up a larger area for your home hunt. My commute at 9:30-10:00 a.m is only about 25-30 minutes but easily double that if I leave at 7:30-8:00 am.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:32 AM

125 posts, read 81,263 times
If you just want a commute time, mine from NW Gilbert to S Scottsdale is about 30-35 minutes in rush hour.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:37 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,967,617 times
Quote:
I was being helpful by informing you there are multiple daily crashes which wreak havoc on the highways. At least 2-3 times a week I am forced onto surface streets because of accidents and crawling highway traffic. I was just trying to inform you of the inevitable, but if you want to PMS about it and not take advice from locals, then so be it! Your loss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area