Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,647,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
your obsession with criticizing and critiquing every single thing I post is weird and creepy...
I’m simply pointing out erroneous information that a newcomer may find. It doesn’t matter who is posting it. Post valid information and you won’t hear from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You really like that word "fringe". It is a huge metro area, there isn't anyplace that is "fringe" unless you're talking about Tonapah or something detached from the metro area. Goodyear, Surprise and Litchfield Park are cities in a large metro area and close to many things. "Fringe" doesn't really apply and sounds silly every time you use it.

This isn't the middle of Montana or something...
I’m not interested in arguing semantics. If you don’t like my word choice, fine, but it doesn’t change the fact that this neighborhood is on the far northwest corner of the valley. You don’t have to be a geographical scholar to see that.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:11 AM

4,866 posts, read 11,225,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I’m not interested in arguing semantics. If you don’t like my word choice, fine, but it doesn’t change the fact that this neighborhood is on the far northwest corner of the valley. You don’t have to be a geographical scholar to see that.
I just find it odd you never use that term when discussing Gilbert or Chandler. Always when west valley cities are discussed.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:13 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
I’m simply pointing out erroneous information that a newcomer may find. It doesn’t matter who is posting it. Post valid information and you won’t hear from me.
I guess I missed the announcement stating your posts,observations, and comments were always the most accurate ones on City Data..

Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I guess I missed the announcement stating your posts,observations, and comments were always the most accurate ones on City Data..
Probably not the case, but I at least try for accuracy. Posting that some far-flung neighborhood is “really close to everything Phoenix/Scottsdale” is such nonsense that it really had to be corrected. People move here without a true grasp on how vast this area is and posting bad info like that doesn’t help anyone.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:27 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
You really like that word "fringe". It is a huge metro area, there isn't anyplace that is "fringe" unless you're talking about Tonapah or something detached from the metro area. Goodyear, Surprise and Litchfield Park are cities in a large metro area and close to many things. "Fringe" doesn't really apply and sounds silly every time you use it.

This isn't the middle of Montana or something...
I guess everyone has their hot buttons. Detroit's theme is "far flung" and "fringe" suburbs. Anytime the West Valley is discussed, those words are used with a bonus descriptors like "strip mall" and "chain restaurants" .

Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I guess everyone has their hot buttons. Detroit's theme is "far flung" and "fringe" suburbs. Anytime the West Valley is discussed, those words are used with a bonus descriptors like "strip mall" and "chain restaurants" .
Once again, you are 100% on the money; its funny how those who dont live in this area feel they are authorities on everything out here..
Oh well, some folks just ALWAYS have to have the last word on EVERYTHING..

Old 03-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Actually I had no interest in this discussion until something posted was so misleading that it needed to be corrected. Aside from nitpicking semantics and personal attacks, no one has provided anything of substance. It’s funny how people get so defensive over their choices to the point that they state untruthful information. No one needs to justify why they purchased where they did, just don’t try to convince others of things that aren’t true. Far northwest Phoenix is not “really close to everything Phoenix/Scottsdale”. To say otherwise is absurd.

Old 03-08-2018, 10:08 AM

5 posts, read 5,833 times
Lots of great advice. From what I am hearing Arrowhead Ranch Vs Goodyear/Litchfield Park really won't be a big difference. We had wanted Arrowhead Ranch to hopefully be on one of the lakes. Unfortunately that is not working out. Most homes on the lake are older and have really small lots. I feel the novelty of the lake will wear off and we would be stuck in our small back yard. We really like the Litchfield Greens neighborhood (which according to the map I believe is in Litchfield Park). Any thoughts on that neighborhood? Wigwam is one of my favorite golf courses, so it would be a good proximity. From all the debate on Litchfield Park being in the city or not, I couldn't determine which was better? Unincorporated? or in City? We also like the Portales neighborhood of Goodyear, but it just feels "a bit out there". Also, the HOA dues are some of the highest I have seen. Any thoughts on that neighborhood? I appreciate all your help on our quest for finding a perfect home in a perfect place (if that is possible....)

Old 03-08-2018, 10:23 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,165,585 times
Quote:
Actually I had no interest in this discussion until something posted was so misleading that it needed to be corrected. Aside from nitpicking semantics and personal attacks, no one has provided anything of substance. It’s funny how people get so defensive over their choices to the point that they state untruthful information. No one needs to justify why they purchased where they did, just don’t try to convince others of things that aren’t true. Far northwest Phoenix is not “really close to everything Phoenix/Scottsdale”. To say otherwise is absurd.
rel·a·tive
ˈrelədiv/
adjective
1. considered in relation or in proportion to something else.

I'm not going to check this next statement, but I bet "inside of 20 minutes" he will be in parts of Scottsdale or parts of PHX. That's because both towns expand FAR up north. Within 20 minutes of him driving, he will be passing a lot of exists (depending where he points his car) with all kinds of restaurants and other things to do.

So relative to the ops other spots, his location is much closer. I'm 75 minutes from Old Town. x2 because I have to get back home. That was his point. a.k.a. much closer than Litchfield Park and Surprise (ops other choices). He didn't reference "Old Town" or "Downtown" as the definition of Scottsdale or PHX. I figured that out and you didn't.

Re: being defensive. Did you just accuse him of lying that he is closer than he is because he made some sort of a bad choice or maybe has has an inferiority complex? If you say so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area