Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:30 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I just got back from the Willow area of Phoenix, and to my house it was 32 minutes at 230pm

Case closed

That's unacceptable! You're just to far out in the west valley!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 04:31 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,706,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I just got back from the Willow area of Phoenix, and to my house it was 32 minutes at 230pm

Case closed
Exactly.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
I know you’re trying to be cute, but no one said that. To claim that something is close by when it takes over a half hour to get to with no traffic is ridiculous.

Old 03-08-2018, 04:52 PM

2,097 posts, read 3,821,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
I know you’re trying to be cute, but no one said that. To claim that something is close by when it takes over a half hour to get to with no traffic is ridiculous.
I guess that's a matter of opinion because back east driving 20-30 minutes is normal and really no big deal. Trust me when I say the roads are horrible there so driving 30 minutes here is really no big deal. Anything close is a convenience but 30 minutes is not ridiculous. It seems like everyone here needs things to be within 5-10 minutes of them,maybe you're spoiled now since you've been here a while now.

Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,941,242 times
Quote:
You're probably right; I think I will sell my house and move to Scottsdale so I can be closer to my good friends from City Data..

Old 03-08-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I guess that's a matter of opinion because back east driving 20-30 minutes is normal and really no big deal. Trust me when I say the roads are horrible there so driving 30 minutes here is really no big deal. Anything close is a convenience but 30 minutes is not ridiculous. It seems like everyone here needs things to be within 5-10 minutes of them,maybe you're spoiled now since you've been here a while now.
It’s not a matter of needing anything within 5-10 minutes. It’s about calling a spade a spade. I don’t think many would consider a 50 mile round trip of over an hour with no traffic to be somewhere close.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:53 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,274,641 times
Litchfield Greens is a gated HOA community that is in Litchfield Park. My wife likes that area and the "village" right near it. These are the newer home options Litchfield Park.

I prefer old Litchfield Park between the walls - basically between Camelback and Indian School as well as Dysart and Litchfield Rd

I like the feel of that neighbourhood, being able to walk or bike to the Wigwam, rec center, library, restaurants/bars. Really quiet area.

Old 03-08-2018, 09:03 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,274,641 times
Here is a FAQ and a link to the boundary map for Litchfield Park. Good info

Litchfield Park, AZ

Old 03-09-2018, 06:06 AM

9,868 posts, read 11,263,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
It’s not a matter of needing anything within 5-10 minutes. It’s about calling a spade a spade. I don’t think many would consider a 50 mile round trip of over an hour with no traffic to be somewhere close.
It depends on the semantics. Fountain Hills is "close" to Scottsdale because it is a town away. Yet based off of your litmus test of Scottsdale==Old Town, it takes over a 1/2 an hour to get to there. And to make it sound worse to prove a point, you said it's "over an hour round trip with no traffic". No one is arguing that being 30 minutes away is "close" in a literal sense. We aren't dumb. People are putting it in context. I'm rational know that Fountain Hills IS "close" to Scottsdale. It's one darn town away.

So by your definition, nothing is close in the PHX area. if if explained properly, that's true. Because no matter where you are, it is a hike to get to ______________.

To more that a few of us, it's pretty obvious you have a bias of not living farther out. We get that. If I had to drive around for a living like the ops hubby, I sure and the hell not live in Surprise. At minimum, I'd be sure to get close to an internal highway so that I could cover some ground. And that was exactly what wase4711 pointed out. his area factually could meet her criteria. A ranch home with options closer to her rental in Surprise AND not-so-far way from the major arteries that can get to somewhere MUCH faster.

But you had to add in a dig with "far flung". There are 50 data points with your digs. Yea, we get it. You would rather poke your eyes out than live in the outer burbs. And God forbid in a town where 130,000 + people live because they have a lot of strip malls. It would be like someone constantly calling PHX "brown hills", smog infested, hotter than Hell, bla bla bla whenever they had the chance. Some people have pride in their choices and can grasp the trade-offs. I'm sure the opp can see the map and realize the areas she is choosing is on the outer belt.

Old 03-09-2018, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
It depends on the semantics. Fountain Hills is "close" to Scottsdale because it is a town away. Yet based off of your litmus test of Scottsdale==Old Town, it takes over a 1/2 an hour to get to there. And to make it sound worse to prove a point, you said it's "over an hour round trip with no traffic". No one is arguing that being 30 minutes away is "close" in a literal sense. We aren't dumb. People are putting it in context. I'm rational know that Fountain Hills IS "close" to Scottsdale. It's one darn town away.

So by your definition, nothing is close in the PHX area. if if explained properly, that's true. Because no matter where you are, it is a hike to get to ______________.

To more that a few of us, it's pretty obvious you have a bias of not living farther out. We get that. If I had to drive around for a living like the ops hubby, I sure and the hell not live in Surprise. At minimum, I'd be sure to get close to an internal highway so that I could cover some ground. And that was exactly what wase4711 pointed out. his area factually could meet her criteria. A ranch home with options closer to her rental in Surprise AND not-so-far way from the major arteries that can get to somewhere MUCH faster.

But you had to add in a dig with "far flung". There are 50 data points with your digs. Yea, we get it. You would rather poke your eyes out than live in the outer burbs. And God forbid in a town where 130,000 + people live because they have a lot of strip malls. It would be like someone constantly calling PHX "brown hills", smog infested, hotter than Hell, bla bla bla whenever they had the chance. Some people have pride in their choices and can grasp the trade-offs. I'm sure the opp can see the map and realize the areas she is choosing is on the outer belt.
Dude, I live in the outer burbs. I'm fully aware of the trade-offs. Having pride in your choices isn't sugarcoating things to the point of being dishonest. People buy further out for a variety of reasons and there's nothing wrong with that; I never said that there was. I have a problem with people doing so and downplaying the negatives though. It comes across as insecure or regretting their decision. Just own it. Further out if further out.

Again, far NW Phoenix isn't close to "everything Scottsdale/Phoenix". Why you continue to argue otherwise is dumbfounding. Arguing that nothing is close so everything must be is equally foolish. Look at 85018. That's close to MOST things Phoenix/Scottsdale. It exists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area