U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
34,032 posts, read 43,758,901 times
Reputation: 23050

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Didn't you get the memo? Prisons and Jails are waaaay more important to our youth and education than Schools and/or Teachers...
If you can't educate them, then you'd better have good jails.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2018, 09:02 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,973 posts, read 24,177,062 times
Reputation: 15587
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaGirl2 View Post
Arizona Teachers are public empty #1 the Kids Hate them !!, Parents Hat Them !! Taxpayers Hate Them !!
They ruined the seniors last year of HS , All of the end of year events & carnivals planned for younger kids were cancelled, They ruined family vacations plans, Everyone says they can't wait to pay back Everyone's saying they'll never vote for a budget override, education prop again and are spreading the word to, telling everyone to call their school district boards and telling them to Fire the teachers asap and to F their Demands
You mam are most certainly trolling this thread, spewing out your obvious hate and vitriol for all to see.

One must wonder why that is? Fired incompetent teacher maybe? Or, maybe a parent who's kid failed recess or was expelled from school?

There's got to be some reason, c'mon fess up...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 09:21 AM
 
33 posts, read 12,350 times
Reputation: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mam are most certainly trolling this thread, spewing out your obvious hate and vitriol for all to see.

One must wonder why that is? Fired incompetent teacher maybe? Or, maybe a parent who's kid failed recess or was expelled from school?

There's got to be some reason, c'mon fess up...
Speaking of Hate ? Look what the teachers did to their kids and the parents !!
I wouldn't want to be a Arizona teacher and have to show my face to them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 09:25 AM
 
Location: Chandler, AZ
3,431 posts, read 3,350,809 times
Reputation: 4836
I have to say I am hearing a loss of community support as well. Especially as today marks the first day that (at least in CUSD) we'll have to make up at the end of the year or the District takes a cut in funding.

Wonder what Teacher Appreciation Week is going to look like next week
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Phoenix AZ
6,274 posts, read 12,614,766 times
Reputation: 10293
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaGirl2 View Post
Speaking of Hate ? Look what the teachers did to their kids and the parents !!
I wouldn't want to be a Arizona teacher and have to show my face to them.
Look what the parents did to the teachers through inaction, laziness & apathy. By not advocating for their own children, they allowed increases in tax revenue to be redirected from teachers & towards pet projects & fluff.

Economic activity is taxed in Arizona & we went from incredibly low levels during the crash to greatly increased levels in less than ten years, however those that actually do the work didn’t keep pace as the money rolled in. The teachers didn’t do that, your “representative government “ actively decided to use those increased revenues to buy shiny things instead of budgeting like grown-ups.

News flash, every employee of state government is underpaid by 20% or more. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 10:30 AM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,806,957 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You mam are most certainly trolling this thread, spewing out your obvious hate and vitriol for all to see.

One must wonder why that is? Fired incompetent teacher maybe? Or, maybe a parent who's kid failed recess or was expelled from school?

There's got to be some reason, c'mon fess up...
Because someone disagrees with you they are a troll?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 10:38 AM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,806,957 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
As I've said to others, I'd love to see them try that. That would be the end of the Governor and the Legislature as the schools would not reopen for quite a while.

Y'all must think there's qualified,ready,willing and able teachers just standing by saying "if only pay would go up 20% I'd rush to work in AZ".
Somehow me thinks not...
Fire them.
Give the new workers the 20%raise.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 10:40 AM
 
7,977 posts, read 13,768,560 times
Reputation: 9200
Quote:
Originally Posted by TulsaGirl2 View Post
Arizona Teachers are public empty #1 the Kids Hate them !!, Parents Hat Them !! Taxpayers Hate Them !!
They ruined the seniors last year of HS , All of the end of year events & carnivals planned for younger kids were cancelled, They ruined family vacations plans, Everyone says they can't wait to pay back Everyone's saying they'll never vote for a budget override, education prop again and are spreading the word to, telling everyone to call their school district boards and telling them to Fire the teachers asap and to F their Demands
Perhaps if you valued quality education a bit more, your posts wouldn’t be so unintelligible and you may be able to actually convey your point. Education is clearly unimportant to you so why should anyone take your position seriously?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 10:45 AM
 
7,813 posts, read 5,200,556 times
Reputation: 7460
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Fire them.
Give the new workers the 20%raise.
Then they’d just be replacing each other?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2018, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Buckeye, AZ
34,749 posts, read 18,913,311 times
Reputation: 12449
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
I have to say I am hearing a loss of community support as well. Especially as today marks the first day that (at least in CUSD) we'll have to make up at the end of the year or the District takes a cut in funding.

Wonder what Teacher Appreciation Week is going to look like next week
I say that the parents are being dopes. Nobody says the students have to be in school if school is open. I got vacation plans too that I will have to call out for if the walkout goes any longer. I want to be at work and do what I want to do the thing that I have a calling to do and that is assist special education students and make the teacher's life easier. However I cannot because of a slow legislative process, and even taking a day off. It is a slow process yet they don't want to negotiate with teachers.

I watched AZ 3 last night and parents do side with us besides those that are being dopes. A parent of six complained about this pushing back summer camp. Another parent is concerned about their child working and starting right after the school year. I say, your anger shouldn't be at us, it is at the government for not funding us and doing little to help us go back into the classroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
Look what the parents did to the teachers through inaction, laziness & apathy. By not advocating for their own children, they allowed increases in tax revenue to be redirected from teachers & towards pet projects & fluff.

Economic activity is taxed in Arizona & we went from incredibly low levels during the crash to greatly increased levels in less than ten years, however those that actually do the work didn’t keep pace as the money rolled in. The teachers didn’t do that, your “representative government “ actively decided to use those increased revenues to buy shiny things instead of budgeting like grown-ups.

News flash, every employee of state government is underpaid by 20% or more. The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Exactly. For years, just about until I started working at the district who currently hires me, teachers were beaten and beaten and had wages were frozen for something around four/five years regardless of if you were a teacher or support staff because of politicians who hated schools. In 2014, schools were a major part of the gubernatorial election and deciding if I should vote Ducey or I should vote Duvall.

I decided to vote Duvall. He cared about education including the university system. They would try. I give him that. He did try to help but he firstly started vouchers for private education on the tax payer dime. There has been a lot of studies proving this was a bad move because it didn't hurt Joe Sixpack but rather Joseph Edward Sixpack Jr. Schools started overrides finally in 2015 to budget after having to end all day kindergarten or even look to a four day school week. Ducey passed Prop. 123 but it was sued by Russell Pierce and it recently lost in court.

Parents didn't care until now. Now parents care because "Think of the vacations. Why can't my child be in school?" Well because we failed the schools as a state. They voted in inept lawmakers who couldn't and won't do their job and get paid far far fewer days than teachers or even support staff work but get paid far better. Some want it to be a proposition. My response to that, why even bother having a state legislature in that case.

So I'm mad. Today I want to be at work. Today I want to do my job, my calling and help students. I have worked in special education. I know need us but because the legislature walked out Thursday and despite a deal, couldn't vote yesterday and the bill will only hit the floor of I think the Senate today, I can't do my job. I will be out of work at least one if not two more days because of their stunt.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top