Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 07:17 AM

39,081 posts, read 51,259,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Dust,Dust and more Dust

Take a look at your patio stuff just after a few days,now imagine what a white house would look like?
I dunno. I had a white truck once. It always looked clean. Same with interior cabinets. Light colors don't show the dust while dark colors are the worst with the dust. House colors are dictated by trends (and in AZ, by your HOA which also tracks trends). White just is not as popular as darker shades of brown, earth tones, these days regardless of any advantages it might have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 01:23 AM

1,315 posts, read 3,230,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I dunno. I had a white truck once. It always looked clean. Same with interior cabinets. Light colors don't show the dust while dark colors are the worst with the dust. House colors are dictated by trends (and in AZ, by your HOA which also tracks trends). White just is not as popular as darker shades of brown, earth tones, these days regardless of any advantages it might have.

So basically it's always safe to paint your house a shade of beige vs white if one is concerned about future resale value 5-10 years from now, correct?

I know that white exterior paint has an LRV in the upper 70's and shade of beige are in the upper 30's/low 40's for LRV. Does that difference translate to significant $$ savings on summer electric bills?

Is it true that the reflection of the sun, especially in the summer, against a white exterior house can cause ones eyes to squint? If that's true, then it might be a negative to select that color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area