Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 06:36 AM

1,053 posts, read 3,093,660 times

Advertisements

It was a good storm where I am in Glendale. No hail like in Texas sometimes, so that was a huge plus. No loss of power either. It’s too bad that some did have outages and damage though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 07:55 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,326,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
I wonder what the one poster who transferred from Malibu thought of the storm. LOL.

Hardly any dust or rain for me in Chandler. (I must be near Kurt).
Still had to drug my dog though.
He heard one crack of thunder and went into complete panic mode. *sigh*
I'm so thankful that none of my animals care about thunder. It must be awful for those that do

Old 08-01-2018, 08:21 AM

39,117 posts, read 51,361,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I'm so thankful that none of my animals care about thunder. It must be awful for those that do
My dogs bark, but otherwise don't freak out. My year old pup saw real rain for the first time a couple weeks back. Sad. He was fascinated with the bubbles in the puddles.

I generally won't let them out when a storm is brewing or occurring as most storms here, including the one a couple nights ago, are nothing but dust and there is an elevated risk of valley fever.

Old 08-01-2018, 11:55 AM

5,649 posts, read 5,986,066 times
Quote:
Probably has to do with the type of soil and the room system.

I'm from the Midwest and I'm always saying I've yet to see a *real storm here. Well, in my neighborhood, THAT was definitely a real storm. Wind, rain, tons of lightening, lots of loud thunder...
What got lightened?

Old 08-01-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
What got lightened?
Thanks Spelling Police!

I used to be a hairstylist, so that's how I ALWAYS seem to spell that word no matter how hard I try, whether I mean someone's hair being lightened or electricity during a thunderstorm. Whoops I didn't catch it this time.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:47 PM

656 posts, read 816,357 times
Yes, when large old trees in Central Phoenix are going down, it is notable. Even a palm, found everywhere, can take out a car.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:00 PM

4,374 posts, read 11,248,168 times
All the Palo Verde trees on Tatum near Desert Ridge are snapped off or up rooted , I was down there today, it must have been a doozy!

Old 08-02-2018, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Yes, when large old trees in Central Phoenix are going down, it is notable. Even a palm, found everywhere, can take out a car.
I was in the area of Central Ave and Northern last night. STACKS of downed palm trees along the side streets! Crazy.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:59 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,627,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by More Rock View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
All the Palo Verde trees on Tatum near Desert Ridge are snapped off or up rooted , I was down there today, it must have been a doozy!
Quote:
I was in the area of Central Ave and Northern last night. STACKS of downed palm trees along the side streets! Crazy.
Yep, when the Monsoon storms hit for real in Arizona, the TREES will let you know it!

Old 08-02-2018, 11:07 AM

872 posts, read 1,002,699 times
Quote:
Pics or it didn't happen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area