Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 05:14 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Go back and re-read what you typed. You did not say it multiple times. Rather, you said:
I went back and re-read what I typed and here it is in one place for you. Looks like I've said it multiple times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
I
We're not tuning out noise as we do hear something once in awhile but it certainly isn't anything that would bother anyone.
Quote:
I have never heard any aircraft from the Goodyear Airport and I'm MUCH closer to it than I am to Luke AFB. Once in a while I'll hear a jet from Luke far off in the distance but never have I heard an aircraft coming or going from the Goodyear airport. I would not know it is there if I didn't drive by it every day and see it for myself.
Quote:
Knock yourself out. I am in the development on the northeast corner of Yuma Rd and Citrus Rd. I don't know what you mean by "event" as I have said, you can hear Luke jets far off in the distance. If that is an "event" then don't waste your time. You definitely won't hear a noise problem.
Quote:
Edited to add: My in-laws rent a place at Pebble Creek every year for a month at a time and they have never mentioned jet noise. I have spent lots of time over there visiting them and don't ever recall jet noise. They stay on the Eagles Nest side. I'm not trying to say there is no jet noise in Pebble Creek because I know there is on the Tuscany side but I don't think everyone in Pebble Creek (let alone "most of Goodyear") has the noise problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 05:32 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
I went back and re-read what I typed and here it is in one place for you. Looks like I've said it multiple times.
I was staring at my phone. I stand corrected. We should all move on and enjoy our Sunday. After all, there are no jets today!

Old 03-17-2019, 05:34 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,218,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I was staring at my phone. I stand corrected. We should all move on and enjoy our Sunday. After all, there are no jets today!
I'll agree with that. Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Old 05-31-2019, 07:07 AM

148 posts, read 151,452 times
Okay...sorry to resurrect an older thread...but...the time for decision making is getting here fast. We do like the Queen Creek area but are wary on areas that are covered by Johnson Utilities. We do like the fact that you can view the Superstitions from most places.
Now, those that live in Goodyear and Buckeye please chime in and sell us on your areas. We have only been out that way once and it was too little time to take it all in. Thanks in Advance

Old 05-31-2019, 07:19 AM

7,326 posts, read 12,325,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbound621 View Post
Okay...sorry to resurrect an older thread...but...the time for decision making is getting here fast. We do like the Queen Creek area but are wary on areas that are covered by Johnson Utilities. We do like the fact that you can view the Superstitions from most places.
Now, those that live in Goodyear and Buckeye please chime in and sell us on your areas. We have only been out that way once and it was too little time to take it all in. Thanks in Advance
Most of the Town of Queen Creek itself is served by the town's own water and sewer utilities, except for portions that have been more recently annexed by the town. It is mainly San Tan Valley that is served by Johnson Utilities.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:55 AM

18 posts, read 19,398 times
My wife and I moved from the midwest to Estrella in Goodyear 3.5 years ago. I have visited Queen Creek only four times, so admittedly my experience there is limited. The first time we visited Queen Creek was for our housing search before the move. Most recently, I was there two weeks ago.

The major difference that jumps out at me is road infrastructure. Driving in Goodyear, Buckeye and other parts of the metro southwest area is relatively stress free. Generally, the only exception is when driving on I-10 east of Loop 101 toward downtown Phoenix eastbound during the morning commute and westbound during the late afternoon commute. In the Queen Creek area, I have seen the major roads like Rittenhouse Road and Hunt Highway, as well as their intersecting streets, get very backed up.

It appears that in Goodyear, Buckeye and other areas of the West Valley infrastructure is in place ahead of other development, but vice versa in and near Queen Creek.

As far as mountain views, we get plenty of that with the Estrella Mountains, White Tanks and others, especially in Estrella. The water situation here in Goodyear is not an issue for us.

Old 07-19-2023, 05:31 PM

2 posts, read 907 times
Quote:
Knock yourself out. I am in the development on the northeast corner of Yuma Rd and Citrus Rd. I don't know what you mean by "event" as I have said, you can hear Luke jets far off in the distance. If that is an "event" then don't waste your time. You definitely won't hear a noise problem.

"denial just as your in-laws are" is again stretching the truth about the actual situation to attempt to make your point about something you know little about. That suggests that my in-laws have said they can't hear noise where noise exists. I stated they have never mentioned it and that I don't recall hearing jet noise while visiting them. We've never discussed it so I don't know how they can be in denial about something that has never been discussed?
My daughter is thinking about living in the KB homes new development on the southwest corner of Citrus & Yuma. Would you still say the noise is minimal from Luke AFB or have things changed? Thanks for your candor

Old 07-21-2023, 11:13 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Red Sox Fan View Post
My daughter is thinking about living in the KB homes new development on the southwest corner of Citrus & Yuma. Would you still say the noise is minimal from Luke AFB or have things changed? Thanks for your candor
It’s loud but you get used to it fast

Old 07-21-2023, 11:17 PM

843 posts, read 562,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It’s loud but you get used to it fast
It's a dry loud noise
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area