Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Arpaio if he runs for Sheriff?
Yes 26 29.55%
No 62 70.45%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2019, 02:44 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,972,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
You’re going to vote for some insane sheriff who has ruined this state’s reputation and therefore it’s economic future because what, it’s refreshing?

The nerve of some people, can’t believe 14 people voted yes on this.
I think you misread that post.

I agree with it. Penzone is boring. Thank god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2019, 03:47 PM

189 posts, read 231,354 times
Yes, let's vote again for a near 90-year old invidivual who is closer to his death bed or a nursey home than another political office again. This convicted felon must be off his meds or dementia starting to trickle in.....go awaaay

Old 08-27-2019, 04:03 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,250,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
You’re going to vote for some insane sheriff who has ruined this state’s reputation and therefore it’s economic future because what, it’s refreshing?

The nerve of some people, can’t believe 14 people voted yes on this.
Ruined the states economic future? You can't possibly be serious...

He is a racist (an actual racist not the current standard of anyone on the right is a "racist") idiot who cost the state way too much in senseless legal battles. That is more than enough of a reason to not vote for him without you guys coming in here and spouting off this kind of crap.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:18 PM

4,073 posts, read 5,160,634 times
So...a couple ideas on how this happened...

1) Joe and some buddies were playing cards and they told him, "You should totally run again" sarcastically and he was drunk enough to take them seriously.

2) This is somehow to be able to collect political donations to cover the "tens of thousands" he still owes in legal bills

3) Dementia?

Just have to say....no Joe...go sit down. You were ousted as Sheriff, you lost the Senate nomination...just...no.

Old 08-27-2019, 04:24 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,376,832 times
I liked Arpaio, but he didn't do such a good job protecting President Lincoln. Maybe it's time he just retired.

Old 08-27-2019, 06:30 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,733,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtAZ View Post
So...a couple ideas on how this happened...

1) Joe and some buddies were playing cards and they told him, "You should totally run again" sarcastically and he was drunk enough to take them seriously.

2) This is somehow to be able to collect political donations to cover the "tens of thousands" he still owes in legal bills

3) Dementia?

Just have to say....no Joe...go sit down. You were ousted as Sheriff, you lost the Senate nomination...just...no.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:33 PM

6,311 posts, read 6,833,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I think you misread that post.

I agree with it. Penzone is boring. Thank god.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Ruined the states economic future? You can't possibly be serious...

He is a racist (an actual racist not the current standard of anyone on the right is a "racist") idiot who cost the state way too much in senseless legal battles. That is more than enough of a reason to not vote for him without you guys coming in here and spouting off this kind of crap.
I think I misread it? I thought the poster implied Arpaio was refreshing and would therefore vote for him, which is a no no.

AZ Manager, I’d rather have Penzone. Anything but Arpaio again, please. Or did you not read when I said “I can’t believe 14 people voted yes on this poll...”

Old 08-27-2019, 09:55 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,663,029 times
14 people said that they’d vote for him and not one to admit it in the comments.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:33 AM

2,789 posts, read 7,462,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
14 people said that they’d vote for him and not one to admit it in the comments.
Many of Arpaio's campaign contributions came from out of state, especially in his later terms as sheriff. Since City-Data forums aren't geofenced, I wouldn't assume those 14 votes necessarily come from Maricopa County residents. At this point, he probably has a bigger fan club outside the county than within it.

Old 08-28-2019, 06:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,194,502 times
He needs to go away. The only thing he cares about is being in front of the cameras. He's nothing but a damn drama queen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area