Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Arpaio if he runs for Sheriff?
Yes 26 29.55%
No 62 70.45%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 12:37 AM

31 posts, read 33,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickly Pear View Post
I think I misread it? I thought the poster implied Arpaio was refreshing and would therefore vote for him, which is a no no.

AZ Manager, I’d rather have Penzone. Anything but Arpaio again, please. Or did you not read when I said “I can’t believe 14 people voted yes on this poll...”
The way I read it, he was saying Penzone was "boring" in the sense that he didn't have daily scandals and national news media all over everything he's doing, and that it was refreshing that the current Sheriff is doing his job quietly and efficiently and not kicking a beehive of negative attention at every opportunity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2019, 12:27 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,562,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veritased View Post
Sure I understand Detroit and Burning. And I hope Detroit is right and I am just wildly paranoid, and that AZ is riding between extremes. It just might be the mental condition that California bay area progressives traumatized me with. I am trying to decompress LOL.
If it's decompression you're looking for I'd suggest a nice hike on some of the lovely trails found locally, or even a trip to Sedona. Spouting off about a “Progressive redesign” seems rather counterproductive in terms of seeking a calming mindset.

Old 09-05-2019, 09:10 AM

1,336 posts, read 926,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
If it's decompression you're looking for I'd suggest a nice hike on some of the lovely trails found locally, or even a trip to Sedona. Spouting off about a “Progressive redesign” seems rather counterproductive in terms of seeking a calming mindset.
It sure is counterproductive, however ignoring the progressive movement is also counterproductive in terms of ensuring a rational country. While I go for my nice hike, good idea btw, why don't you go for a walk in the Mission in SF, say around 10pm, for a few evenings, and get back to us on your state of mind?

Old 09-08-2019, 09:15 PM

21 posts, read 16,277 times
We need a Sheriff who is tough on crime like Arpaio was without the media stunts and ego. just someone who will take out the trash and let criminals know they will not be coddled and certainly bring back tent city.

Old 09-08-2019, 09:54 PM

9,196 posts, read 16,638,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocards86 View Post
We need a Sheriff who is tough on crime like Arpaio was without the media stunts and ego. just someone who will take out the trash and let criminals know they will not be coddled and certainly bring back tent city.
You seem confused. You don’t want media stunts and then said you want Tent City brought back.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
You seem confused. You don’t want media stunts and then said you want Tent City brought back.
I don't consider tent city a media stunt it solved the over crowding issue. These days its just a revolving door for the criminals with catch and release.

Old 09-08-2019, 10:33 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,955,180 times
Quote:
I don't consider tent city a media stunt it solved the over crowding issue. These days its just a revolving door for the criminals with catch and release.
It was by definition a media stunt to show Sheriff Blowhard’s tough on criminal stance

Old 09-08-2019, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
It was by definition a media stunt to show Sheriff Blowhard’s tough on criminal stance
I'm not a fan of his politics or much of anything he did but in my opinion the tents served its purpose the pink undies and green bologna and being a Trump boot licker I could care less about.

Old 09-09-2019, 06:50 PM

445 posts, read 515,400 times
Quote:
I'm not a fan of his politics or much of anything he did but in my opinion the tents served its purpose the pink undies and green bologna and being a Trump boot licker I could care less about.
I actually agree with you here... I think Arpaio was terrible for Maricopa County overall. I found his politics and many of his office's practices to be reprehensible. But that doesn't mean everything he did was awful. I never really had a problem with tent city. Far more concerned with the systemic racial profiling and our taxes having to be used for tens of millions of dollars in lawsuit payouts.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:12 AM

13,245 posts, read 7,295,079 times
Arpaio was doing a great job until he got involved in illegal immigration that was his mistake he would still be Sheriff if he hadn't. He was one of the few law enforcement officer's who did something about illegal hiring with phony documents, but he paid the price for it. Lobbyist like the US chamber of commerce don't want illegal workers to stop coming here they like cheap labor. He made too many political enemy's wasn't just liberals that's how it looked. I think his time has passed and he should retire move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area