Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 03:04 PM

2,390 posts, read 2,726,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
I'm kind of hesitant to share what my Halloween costume will be, but I decided I should. My Halloween costume will be a male pink fairy costume consisting of a pink interlock polo, pink chino shorts, pink baseball cap, pink fairy wings, and a pink glow wand from the dollar store. I am doing this to honor and impress my cute cousin (yes she is a very cute girl).

Now, my concern is the weather on Halloween. The temperature forecasts have been on a downward trend as Halloween gets closer. Currently, Weather Underground shows the temperatures in Queen Creek to be in the 60s during Trick or Treating hours, which isn't too bad. While I won't be going Trick or Treating myself but will be giving out candy in the fairy costume, I'm just concerned it will be a little too chilly for my fairy outfit consisting of spring/summer clothes. I think the pink interlock polo is a perfect male fairy outfit, and I don't want to change it. I don't have any long pink pants. I hope that the forecasts stabilize and we don't see more of a downward trend in temperatures for the forecasts.

I wonder, what would be your suggestions? I was thinking, while I am sitting outside I can get myself a pink blanket and then when people arrive I can show my full pink fairy costume.
Maybe I'm missing something but handing our candy usually involves being indoor until a child arrives.

Of course, you could put on an undershirt. Or, if it comes to that, we're accustomed to seeing fairies consumed with tights. Go by yourself some pastel pink tights. That should get you into the spirit of things.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:11 PM

7,328 posts, read 12,370,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voebe View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but handing our candy usually involves being indoor until a child arrives.

Of course, you could put on an undershirt. Or, if it comes to that, we're accustomed to seeing fairies consumed with tights. Go by yourself some pastel pink tights. That should get you into the spirit of things.
Now I don't want my fairy outfit to look too feminine. I want to be a preppy male pink fairy. At least I am wearing pink from head to toe and have a pair of fairy wings and a wand. Also, I think sitting outside will make our house a little more noticed, otherwise some may not know we have candy.

Looking at the forecast again, it looks like the downward temperature trend has reversed itself somewhat, but not enough to be noticeable. Currently I am seeing a forecast temperature of 70 degrees at 5 PM (my typical start time) down to a temperature of 58 degrees at 8 PM (my typical stop time).

Old 10-27-2019, 06:12 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times
You're overthinking this my friend.

Old 10-27-2019, 07:09 PM

One thing is that I hope we get more trick-or-treaters this year than previous years. Since we moved to our neighborhood we never got very many. I wonder if it is because every year in another part of our neighborhood there is a haunted house in a different subdivision near the entrance of our neighborhood that potentially drives away trick or treaters from our subdivision which is more tucked into the neighborhood; I actually thought about once complaining to the HOA about it. However, this year a new subdivision further behind ours has opened, which could mean more potential trick-or-treaters coming from that subdivision. I actually find it surprising that trick-or-treaters avoid our subdivision since one of the other subdivisions is small starter homes. I would assume people would gravitate towards subdivisions that are higher-income.

Old 10-27-2019, 09:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,925,576 times
Add pink knee socks (be a preppy pink male Bermudan fairy) and some sort of pink hat - maybe a knit hat that comes to a point. You could also sub. a long sleeved knit shirt for the polo shirt, or add a pink vest (if you can find one).

I agree with the other posters who've requested that you post a photo. You could block your face if you want to retain privacy online.

Old 10-27-2019, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Add pink knee socks (be a preppy pink male Bermudan fairy) and some sort of pink hat - maybe a knit hat that comes to a point. You could also sub. a long sleeved knit shirt for the polo shirt, or add a pink vest (if you can find one).

I agree with the other posters who've requested that you post a photo. You could block your face if you want to retain privacy online.
For the pink hat I have my pink baseball cap. For my shoes, I was thinking of wearing my plush pink slippers to keep my feet warm.

Old 10-28-2019, 04:20 AM

9,820 posts, read 11,208,443 times
Don't forget the pink undies! https://www.hisroom.com/pink,mens-un...,7,039,13.html

Old 10-28-2019, 10:05 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
As someone who wears dresses a lot, I don't get cold too often if my legs are bare as long as my upper body is covered. (like a dress with a cardigan) You might be fine.

I would look for some pink tights or lightweight stretch pants to wear under your shorts, or even some pink knee socks?

Old 10-28-2019, 10:06 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,314,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post

A long sleeved shirt could also be worn under the polo

Old 10-28-2019, 05:32 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,386,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Jazz View Post
. I am doing this to honor and impress my cute cousin (yes she is a very cute girl).

And not one person is concerned about the OP trying to impress his "cute cousin"?

Dude, do what ever you want. Wear what ever you want. Unless your cousin is a little kid and you are doing this for fun, I would maybe find someone else to impress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area