Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 05:52 PM

7,328 posts, read 12,370,897 times

Advertisements

I'm kind of hesitant to share what my Halloween costume will be, but I decided I should. My Halloween costume will be a male pink fairy costume consisting of a pink interlock polo, pink chino shorts, pink baseball cap, pink fairy wings, and a pink glow wand from the dollar store. I am doing this to honor and impress my cute cousin (yes she is a very cute girl).

Now, my concern is the weather on Halloween. The temperature forecasts have been on a downward trend as Halloween gets closer. Currently, Weather Underground shows the temperatures in Queen Creek to be in the 60s during Trick or Treating hours, which isn't too bad. While I won't be going Trick or Treating myself but will be giving out candy in the fairy costume, I'm just concerned it will be a little too chilly for my fairy outfit consisting of spring/summer clothes. I think the pink interlock polo is a perfect male fairy outfit, and I don't want to change it. I don't have any long pink pants. I hope that the forecasts stabilize and we don't see more of a downward trend in temperatures for the forecasts.

I wonder, what would be your suggestions? I was thinking, while I am sitting outside I can get myself a pink blanket and then when people arrive I can show my full pink fairy costume.

Old 10-25-2019, 05:57 PM

390 posts, read 308,470 times
Please post a picture! I'd love to see your costume

Old 10-25-2019, 06:38 PM

843 posts, read 569,447 times
Why would you be hesitant? Sounds like a legitimate question. Temps in the 60's are just too severe. And surely someone can give you advice about pink male fairy costumes.

/s

Old 10-25-2019, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Stradivarius View Post
Why would you be hesitant? Sounds like a legitimate question. Temps in the 60's are just too severe. And surely someone can give you advice about pink male fairy costumes.
I was hesitant about sharing my costume. I really don't want to change my costume. The pink interlock polo seems like the perfect male fairy outfit. If you are wondering what it looks like, here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/IZOD-Winward-.../dp/B07779K2GR

These are the chino shorts:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M7F649T/

How interlock differs from pique is that it is a softer, smoother knit. This particular shade of pink seems perfect (not just because of the name).

I won't actually be going trick or treating but will be handing out candy, so maybe if I get too cold I can get a pink blanket, and when people show up I can show my full costume.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:06 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,628,712 times
Move a space heater out by wherever you'll be sitting.

You could also add pink tights.

Old 10-25-2019, 07:28 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,004,989 times
Seems to me it wouldn't be historically accurate without a pink codpiece.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
Move a space heater out by wherever you'll be sitting.

You could also add pink tights.
I do have a space heater, although I haven't used it in a while. I'm just worried that it might be a fire and burn hazard with all the little children that will be coming.

Old 10-25-2019, 10:07 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,242,549 times
This shows how out of touch people in Phoenix are...It won't be too cold during trick-or-treating hours to be outside in your costume. I'm from Idaho and I've went swimming in the rivers when it is only 60 something degrees out and the water is in the 50's.

You won't have to worry about frostbite on halloween this year.

Old 10-26-2019, 08:17 AM

39,107 posts, read 51,328,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
This shows how out of touch people in Phoenix are...It won't be too cold during trick-or-treating hours to be outside in your costume. I'm from Idaho and I've went swimming in the rivers when it is only 60 something degrees out and the water is in the 50's.

You won't have to worry about frostbite on halloween this year.
It shows how people are acclimated to where they live not that they are out of touch. 60s feels cold to us especially with the low humidity. Anyway, it's a pricey option but one of those LP patio heaters like you see in the restaurants might do the trick. You could use it at other times during the winter as well.

Old 10-26-2019, 10:59 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,929,435 times
I agree; even after spending decades in the midwest, going ice fishing at 26 below zero, sitting outside for hours hunting in blizzard like snow storms, I hate to admit it, but even this morning, when it was 54 degrees while walking the dog, I was cold, even wearing long sweat pants, a t shirt and a long sleeve shirt over it..my hands were cold enough that I wished I had gloves on..

I too used to go outside in the winter when it was 20-30 degrees with just a shirt and pants on, but, after only 2+ years out here, I'm freezing when its 60 degrees..sad, but true..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area