Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 AM

1,688 posts, read 1,268,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
How about that problem? Verrado is on the wrong side of town! Everything else is just fine if you can deal with that problem. I am quite sure most people will agree with that. I mean it's no secret that the East side is the better side of the Phoenix area. Also anyone who knows real estate can tell you about the 3 rules of real estate. It is quite elementary.
I remember one day I got off the I-10 on Verrado Way and I saw 2 dead bodies that had been dumped off at the Verrado Way exit. It made me sick and I don't think I ever took that exit again. LOOK>>https://www.eastvalleytribune.com/ne...843308d08.html

You might be looking there because your work is on the West side. If so then commute from the east side or get a job on the East side.
Ok....that happened 13 years ago and the bodies were dumped there (meaning they were killed somewhere else). So I'm not sure how this has any relevance to Verrado in 2020 or to the OPs questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
We tagged along with some friends who are looking to buy at the Toll Brothers development called Sterling Grove on VIP day https://www.tollbrothers.com/luxury-...ton-Collection . It's to the next level as compared to Verrado. But easy add $125K to the Verrado pricing. I was impressed. It will be interesting to see how well they sell. If I had to replicate our home with all of the premiums we have including the lot, I'd have to add at least $200K. It won't be hard to spend $650K-$700K (with options) even with a 2800 square foot home. Add $70K-$200K on the golf course. Check it out. They have a ton of models. A 55+ area too.
I recently was out that way and checked it out. Super nice. I think Toll Brothers make great homes, and the price often reflects that.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:07 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,152,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
there are so many great areas all across the valley now, and more are being built every day...to say one side of the valley is "better" than the other now a days just shows how un informed some folks are, and, how many who live in one area are still stuck with a "superiority complex"..
the only person who should care about which side of the valley you live in is YOU..
I'd phrase it a little differently. To my eyes, much of the East Valley has a "better" caliber of restaurants, more shopping options and more things to so. That's indisputable. Most (>50%) would consider that "better". Additionally, the east CValley has more traffic and it's more expensive which are a couple of the trade-off. That's not to be confused with poor West Valley selection of shopping, restaurants, or things to do on the west side. At one point, it was. I live in the town of Surprise. It was 30,000 people in the year 2000. The person who named the town would be surprised if it ever became a town. In 2005, it grew by 90,0000 and was 120,000 people. On paper, it's up to 134,000. Thousands of people like me are not counted in the census. I'd go so far as saying ten thousand; maybe more. Add in tourism and Spring training and this town supports 180,000 people in peak months. So yea, there is no shortage of hotels, schools, jobs, new industries, hospitals etc. I bet 150-200 homes are partially constructed and are going up in our specific neighborhood RIGHT NOW. So more restaurants are coming, a Costco will be done in 2 months, and the list goes on and on. But you know that.

I suspect we both agree that it's really not typical for people to be judged like a certain percentage of posters on this forum do. It's kind of odd.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
I recently was out that way and checked it out. Super nice. I think Toll Brothers make great homes, and the price often reflects that.
They do. But whoever they hired to install their back yard pavers in nearly every home should be fired. The work was shorty. The pools themselves were lovely. I enjoyed the amazing decorators too.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the new restaurant. They won't have it gated for years (until the restaurant is self-sufficient). I love looking out at the green grass while sipping on an adult beverage.

If I could handle being as far out as Wickenburg, that Trilogy development is very Verrado-like. Again, a nice restaurant. I wish it was closer.

Old 01-13-2020, 08:29 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
I suspect we both agree that it's really not typical for people to be judged like a certain percentage of posters on this forum do. It's kind of odd.
I've learned over my many decades of life, that the best attitude to have is "live and let live"...
If you want to live on the east side, with the outrageous traffic, prices, and crowds, that's fine with me..If you prefer less traffic, lower cost of living, wide open views, and a growing, developing community, all things many west side communities offer, then that's good too..

Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
I've learned over my many decades of life, that the best attitude to have is "live and let live"...
If you want to live on the east side, with the outrageous traffic, prices, and crowds, that's fine with me..If you prefer less traffic, lower cost of living, wide open views, and a growing, developing community, all things many west side communities offer, then that's good too..
You speak the truth. In fairness, Verrado in Buckeye is more disconnected than I17 and the 101 where you live. Because Peoria is massive, Vistancia is arguably more disconnected that Verrado. If you want that look and feel of newer master-planned communities, then you have to pick your trade-off and deal with it.

For me, I simply cannot live in a 1960-1980 type development. I love a historic vibe but there is nothing historic about "mid-century modern". I love newer layouts. Since I am literally in my home and neighborhood 22 out of 24 hours a day. I need to drop $1M+. for a place that I use 6 months a year. And multiple weeks I am on vacation. Up to bat, I'll be in New Zealand for 3 weeks. Then Costa Rica for two. Possibly Hawaii. When I am in AZ, it's about trade-offs. I understand what they are and I do appreciate what is "better" on the east side.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:06 AM

Another thing is that people make the assumption that Verrado is way, way out in the middle of nowhere. Simply not true. It's closer to downtown Phoenix than Queen Creek is (by about 10 miles). But I never hear of QC or SE Gilbert having a reputation of being "out there."

Old 01-13-2020, 09:13 AM

586 posts, read 540,975 times
Quote:
Another thing is that people make the assumption that Verrado is way, way out in the middle of nowhere. Simply not true. It's closer to downtown Phoenix than Queen Creek is (by about 10 miles). But I never hear of QC or SE Gilbert having a reputation of being "out there."
If someone likes Pro Sports as their "night out" I could easily argue they are easier to get to from Verrado than most of North Scottsdale. Heck I'm in Estrella and can get to all sports in just over 30 minutes.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:54 AM

9,195 posts, read 16,634,851 times
Quote:
Verrado is way out there. Why are people always trying to sugarcoat that? It's pretty, well-designed, may be great for someone that wants a small town feel, is far less costly that other comparable developments, but that absolutely comes with a trade-off. Let's keep the conversation honest. It's inconvenient to much of the valley. Queen Creek is way out there too. It's just not quite as inconvenient because it's much close to amenities in the east valley. Verrado is much more isolated.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Agreed. Seville in Gilbert comes to mind. I LOVE the backdrop of the mountains. I could definitely live in that development. But it's 32 miles (40 minutes) to the airport. Heck, it takes 25 minutes to drive from Seville to downtown Gilbert.

Speaking of Seville. When we bought in 2011, I looked at the area. It was on an island all by itself. In 2020, the corridor along the road is filled in. Things have really changed/developed in 9 short years. Same-same with Verrado.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-13-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area