Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2020, 08:12 PM

21 posts, read 24,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Meanwhile, the Op's life centers around her family of 5 and they both work inside their home. You have to fly out of an airport several times a month living out of a suitcase. Inconvenient? Hell yes. Personally, I'd consider that a miserable quality of life while you might call it exhilarating. Barret-Jackson? She probably drives a minivan. Downtown festivals? How much can I pay NOT to attend? Museum or a theater? I didn't bother to attend while vacationing in Paris, let along PHX. Well, I did visit the Louvre. Mona Lisa was underwhelming to my eyes.

What people are trying to suggest is to each their own.
haha....Thank God no mini van EVER!

smaller, low key quality of life is for us. Not a huge city, or melting pot, that's not for us. I have no problem "driving" 30 minutes, that's nothing...we are an hour for the airport,, downtown Dallas, and 1.5+ hours to for worth.

we want to slow down, yes we have land (15 acres), cows and a lot to take care of. Our kids are on the downward swing. A lot of days, i'd give anything to have a nice manageable yard, outdoor activities, that weren't work....and no cold grey crappy days (our high was 40* today)

we're So Cal natives, but even after we left, I said i'd never go back....I do not miss it at all, in any way shape or form.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2020, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Florence ===Location, Location, Location? Also, PHX housing is going to drop by 20% in the next couple of years. Got it.

It sounds like you are in the know with real estate and AZ. How did that work out for you last go around?

re: Buckeye. I understand its history in the area. Realize it is one of the safest cities in AZ https://ktar.com/story/2227629/bucke...rizona-cities/ . Gilbert normally gets some top marks. But again, there is blight in Gilbert too.

I will say for an investment, Gilbert is a much better bet than Buckeye. If I could rewind back to 2011, I would have bought in Gilbert over Surprise. Morman stories from a friend in Utah spooked me.
funny since you brought up Mormon stories, that's why we decided against Queen Creek. I could care less about who follows which religion, as long as your not an A-hole. However, according to my research and asking, we'd a been the minority in QC, as their enrollment of Mormons was very high. its no different, IMO than being white and moving to a majority of another race in school, or vice versa. That's not smart on anyones part..

we live in the bible belt for petes sake..lol and we are not die hard church goers. But that also means I don't want my kid excluded because theyre not LDS

Old 01-30-2020, 05:23 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritmama3 View Post
funny since you brought up Mormon stories, that's why we decided against Queen Creek. I could care less about who follows which religion, as long as your not an A-hole. However, according to my research and asking, we'd a been the minority in QC, as their enrollment of Mormons was very high. its no different, IMO than being white and moving to a majority of another race in school, or vice versa. That's not smart on anyones part..

we live in the bible belt for petes sake..lol and we are not die hard church goers. But that also means I don't want my kid excluded because theyre not LDS
I'm agnostic. As other people have philosophied before me, there are around 3,000 religions in the world today. If you think about it, I believe in one less religion than the Mormans or Christians or Muslims or Hindus do. We all agree that at least 2,999 religions are fiction. So we are pretty close.

I've concluded that the overwhelming majority of AZ LDS are moral and fine people. Most members don't exclude. It's why I am re-thinking Gilbert and other areas. I still won't move into a neighborhood that was designed with a Morman church smack-dab in the middle of it. But if I would rewind, I would have bought in Gilbert or parts of Mesa or Chandler. You cannot look at the statistics because the majority are "Chreasters" (Christians and Mormons who only show up to religious services on Christmas and Easter). It's like if you decided to live in a heavy Jewish community. Most are considered "high-holidays Jews" where they only worship in the holy times of the year.

Old 01-30-2020, 12:49 PM

In no way am I saying anything bad about LDS or any other for that matter. just remember when I was doing my search and posting, when looking at QC, I must had 3-5 private messages a day as to how bad it was for the kids that were not LDS... So my guard is up. they had no issues w adults and being nice, but that the kids are to be/hang out with other LDS kids, also that they spend so much time together in their church, it felt excluding

There were lots of temples in neighborhoods, like you mentioned.

Old 01-31-2020, 05:26 AM

9,742 posts, read 11,163,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritmama3 View Post
In no way am I saying anything bad about LDS or any other for that matter. just remember when I was doing my search and posting, when looking at QC, I must had 3-5 private messages a day as to how bad it was for the kids that were not LDS... So my guard is up. they had no issues w adults and being nice, but that the kids are to be/hang out with other LDS kids, also that they spend so much time together in their church, it felt excluding

There were lots of temples in neighborhoods, like you mentioned.
I didn't think you were judging other than your concern over being excluded. I suppose some LDS kids who drank the kool-aid might exclude the non-believers. After all, those who don't believe this fiction should be excluded. Right? It's absolutely amazing that 3 million people in the USA believe these whoppers https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_plates So yes if my kids were still in K-12, I will be digging deeper and be more concerned as I am as an adult.

That said, your audience who messaged you were biased. Analogy: Blue Cross insurance is generally viewed as a well-run company. But it gets a letter grade F when the complainers come out https://www.consumeraffairs.com/insu...ecross_ca.html

Back to Verrado. We had dinner at The Vic (top of the hill in Victory at Verrado) last night. They nailed my fillet entree as well as my wife's salmon (make sure to ask for medium prepared salmon). We ate outside and view as stunning! At a couple of dining visits, the cook was a little off. But last night the food and service was awesome. And the view is amazing. Arrive early for happy hour and stay until dusk to overlook the city lights. Give it a try when you arrive. https://vicbarandkitchen.com

Old 01-31-2020, 01:58 PM

agreed.....thanks!

We will have to check it out, I love a good filet and some happy hour!

if anyone on here has had experiences with the middle and high school (more so high school) please enlighten me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area