Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 10:06 AM

586 posts, read 542,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitN8V View Post
Verrado is way out there. Why are people always trying to sugarcoat that? It's pretty, well-designed, may be great for someone that wants a small town feel, is far less costly that other comparable developments, but that absolutely comes with a trade-off. Let's keep the conversation honest. It's inconvenient to much of the valley. Queen Creek is way out there too. It's just not quite as inconvenient because it's much close to amenities in the east valley. Verrado is much more isolated.

What is it inconveniently distant from? Not everyone wants the East Valley. I go there for airport only and that's 30 minutes from Verrado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 10:27 AM

9,783 posts, read 11,187,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
Not everyone wants the East Valley.
Common! You have to want it because other people do!

In all seriousness, areas of town are like your home. Analogy: feng shui. You might have a kitchen or a home theater, but are you sure you want it tucked away in the corner or on the 2nd level?

For me, driving 30 minutes to anything inhibits the experience. In a perfect work, you want it walkable and it goes down from there. It's why I rarely drive 30 minutes to any event unless I have to. My quality of life skyrockets if I am in a car less. But not having to work as hard by not spending more on housing also increases my quality of life. Trade-offs. I've concluded I'm not slumming it in my "BFE" home. My personal b_tch is the planes that were here 1st. To some, it's proximity to ________________. It's pretty basic. Therefore, Verrado won't meet spec for plenty of people just as a "mid-century modern" would be punishing for me. To each their own.

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 01-13-2020 at 10:37 AM..

Old 01-13-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Common! You have to want it because other people do!

In all seriousness, areas of town are like your home. Analogy: feng shui. You might have a kitchen or a home theater, but are you sure you want it tucked away in the corner or on the 2nd level?

For me, driving 30 minutes to anything inhibits the experience. In a perfect work, you want it walkable and it does down from there. It's why I rarely drive 30 minutes to any event unless I have to. My quality of life skyrockets if I am in a car less. But not having to work as hard by not spending more on housing also increases my quality of life. Trade-offs. I've concluded I'm not slumming it in my "BFE" home. My personal b_tch is the planes that were here 1st. To some, it's proximity to ________________. It's pretty basic. Therefore, Verrado won't meet spec for plenty of people just as a "mid-century modern" would be punishing for me. To each their own.
But folks write as if living in North Scottsdale makes everything next door. With the increase in traffic and still distance from things it's not exactly next door to go to Old Town as an example. That's a 20 plus minute drive at most times, Verrado is 20 minutes from most things such as Westgate.

Old 01-13-2020, 10:41 AM

9,196 posts, read 16,661,420 times
Quote:
What is it inconveniently distant from? Not everyone wants the East Valley. I go there for airport only and that's 30 minutes from Verrado.
This.

God forbid you ever want to do some shopping, have a nice night out, enjoy the valley's dining scene, get to a museum or a theater, attend any of the downtown festivals, First Friday, Phoenix Open, Barrett-Jackson, etc. Drivable? Sure. Inconvenient? Hell yes.
Attached Thumbnails
Verrado....gimme your pros and cons PLEASE-bfe.jpg  

Old 01-13-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
But folks write as if living in North Scottsdale makes everything next door.
Where did you read that?

Old 01-13-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
This.

God forbid you ever want to do some shopping, have a nice night out, enjoy the valley's dining scene, get to a museum or a theater, attend any of the downtown festivals, First Friday, Phoenix Open, Barrett-Jackson, etc. Drivable? Sure. Inconvenient? Hell yes.

What percentage of Phoenix shoppers do you think shop at boutiques? What percentage at either of outlets or Walmart or Costco or similar? All easily accessible from Verrado. What percentage dine at specialty vs Franchise restaurants? Lots of franchise within easy drive of Verrado and some speciality. Downtown is inside of 30 minutes from Verrado. Phoenix open and Jacksonare once a year, driving 20 extra minutes annually is no big deal. Now in the other hand paying the Scottsdale surcharge for things like golf seem kinda silly to me??

Old 01-13-2020, 11:20 AM

1,695 posts, read 1,281,272 times
Quote:
This.

Valid point, but not every person in this world is the same as you. Or me. I would bet that the majority of people who choose to live in Verrado could care less about Barrett-Jackson, Phoenix Open, etc. The community is self-contained and is beautiful. You don't really need to leave your bubble to experience a nice, small-town life.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:41 AM

9,783 posts, read 11,187,785 times
Quote:
This.

Meanwhile, the Op's life centers around her family of 5 and they both work inside their home. You have to fly out of an airport several times a month living out of a suitcase. Inconvenient? Hell yes. Personally, I'd consider that a miserable quality of life while you might call it exhilarating. Barret-Jackson? She probably drives a minivan. Downtown festivals? How much can I pay NOT to attend? Museum or a theater? I didn't bother to attend while vacationing in Paris, let along PHX. Well, I did visit the Louvre. Mona Lisa was underwhelming to my eyes.

What people are trying to suggest is to each their own.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Meanwhile, the Op's life centers around her family of 5 and they both work inside their home. You have to fly out of an airport several times a month living out of a suitcase. Inconvenient? Hell yes. Personally, I'd consider that a miserable quality of life while you might call it exhilarating. Barret-Jackson? She probably drives a minivan. Downtown festivals? How much can I pay NOT to attend? Museum or a theater? I didn't bother to attend while vacationing in Paris, let along PHX. Well, I did visit the Louvre. Mona Lisa was underwhelming to my eyes.

What people are trying to suggest is to each their own.
I don't travel quite that much and it's increasingly more so out of SDL or the Swift terminal, so it's not quite miserable. Even if one is OK with just basic needs, that doesn't change the fact that it's an inconvenient location for when they do crave something more. I get that it's a good fit for some. I'm not arguing that. It's just disingenuous to try to claim that it's not far out there from the rest of the valley, as people always insist on doing.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:07 PM

Quote:
I don't travel quite that much and it's increasingly more so out of SDL or the Swift terminal, so it's not quite miserable. Even if one is OK with just basic needs, that doesn't change the fact that it's an inconvenient location for when they do crave something more. I get that it's a good fit for some. I'm not arguing that. It's just disingenuous to try to claim that it's not far out there from the rest of the valley, as people always insist on doing.
So basically you are now down to Verrado is far from Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, and so on??? Yeah no one is going to dispute that. But living in a massive City without a singular go to zone Verrado is not far from everything that most people use on any regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area