Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2022, 08:56 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,226,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
If Bobsell is having a difficult time finding a decent job which pays above minimum wage, the first thing that needs to change is his attitude. Even with many employers practically begging for workers, the chances of them hiring somebody with such a defeatist outlook are slim to none.
This. is. not. about. me.

You're just one of those who thinks if someone has a different opinion than you do, there must be something horrifically wrong with them.

In other words, you're projecting your inadequacies and terrible personality on me.

You don't care about anyone but yourself.

And for the record, I don't have problems finding a decent job, I've had one for the past 4 years.

I just speak up the voiceless. Like the 86% of recent grads who you pretend don't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Find another ladder or build your own.
What does that mean?

Sounds like a flippant and non-serious answer.

Oh wait, you hate people who have troubles in their lives, so never mind, I don't expect a rational or reasonable answer.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:28 PM

13,733 posts, read 7,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
What does that mean?

Sounds like a flippant and non-serious answer.

Oh wait, you hate people who have troubles in their lives, so never mind, I don't expect a rational or reasonable answer.
All I can do is advise you. If you're too dense to understand, that's on you.

Old 04-18-2022, 09:34 PM

Quote:
This. is. not. about. me.

You're just one of those who thinks if someone has a different opinion than you do, there must be something horrifically wrong with them.

In other words, you're projecting your inadequacies and terrible personality on me.

You don't care about anyone but yourself.

And for the record, I don't have problems finding a decent job, I've had one for the past 4 years.

I just speak up the voiceless. Like the 86% of recent grads who you pretend don't exist.

I beg to differ...

Old 04-18-2022, 09:45 PM

Quote:
So you're not here to actually discuss the catch-22.

You are beyond not having a solution to the catch-22, you don't think it exists for anyone.

So you win the award for being the most out of touch with the job market and least helpful person on the internet.

You're here to just troll. *plonk*

Calling "troll" whenever one of your many, many fumbles is pointed out is no way to conduct yourself

Old 04-18-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
You haven't advised anything. All you did was say something cryptic.

Quote:
I beg to differ...
The irony. You look down on those who beg and judge them harshly.

So I think this is useless to continue talking with you further. You're just trolling. *plonk*

Old 04-18-2022, 09:48 PM

Quote:
You haven't advised anything. All you did was say something cryptic.

The irony. You look down on those who beg and judge them harshly.

So I think this is useless to continue talking with you further. You're just trolling. *plonk*

Oh my, did I step on a sensitive issue there?

Old 04-18-2022, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Agreed. All I can add is if I was applying for a job, I would love to be competing with Bob. Negativity can be smelled a mile away.
I smell defiant failure....a failure too defiant to realize what it is.

Old 04-19-2022, 05:22 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
For the dense people (your words, not mine)... Bob defeatist post said: "The catch-22 makes it so the bottom rung of the ladder disappeared. Can't climb the ladder if the bottom rung is gone."

John said: "Find a different ladder" which means you need to attempt a different path/approach. Maybe you need to find a job in the flat plains of Nebraska which has the lowest unemployment in the country at around 2%. Or in the butt-ugly area of Kansas or much of South Dakota where you can still watch your dog run away off in the distance after two days. SD has an unemployment rate of 2.5%. Also, find a different ladder if you send out 100 resumes and come up positively empty without a callback or interview. So "Find a different ladder" could also mean you need to "pound the pavement" using a different approach like getting closer to the decision-makers. As a side note, sales is an essential skill in life. That often means selling yourself by selling other people on your potential. It's learning how to influence people (sell) by getting in front of them like networking. Or selling them could mean sending a cover letter (or conversation) on how your limited experience crosses over to what they need.

When you said: "or build your own ladder", that means to start your own gig. I did that myself back in 1997 and multiplied my wages by 6x. I knew positively NOTHING about the business that I started. I made a small fortune with three hardworking employees: me, myself, and I. My overhead still is a phone and a computer. My buddy's wife started a cleaning business. She hired cleaners and managed the business. Zero college (just HS). She made $200K-$250K. As I mentioned in another thread, I just hired a window cleaning crew. $280 to clean my windows in and out (and my shower doors). Two cleaners came to my home and it took them 1.5 hours (3 man-hours). He has two crews and does 6 jobs a day (3 cleanings per crew). He is a wonderful business person (follow-up skills, personality, gives you a sincere thank you, etc). You know, what other POS businesses struggle with. We were chatting while his crew was cleaning. With some quick math: $280 a cleaning x6 houses=$1680 in revenue. Minus the cleaners at $30/hr*8 hours * 4 staff==$960. $1680 (revenue)-$960 (labor) minus $100 for gas and miles nets the owner about $620/day. 260 workdays (M-F) and the number is over $160K. $160K is more $$'s a year than a Ph.D. in electrical engineering. And his window cleaners make around $60K. Not bad... Oh, the cleaners hustle and it's not free money. Or my electrician who works for himself at age 28. I paid him $125 an hour. That's $240K a year. And he is booked two weeks out (I gave his name to 4 neighbors who used him). His business "secret" is HE CALLS PEOPLE BACK and communicates and cleans up his mess.

I think the bottom rung is broken for people who are uneducated with a ladder. And as I said earlier, people don't want to work with their hands as proven by the massive inflation of wages in the trades for people who will. Businesses don't $hare. So I learned a lesson myself "to build my own ladder".

John, you Bob some solid advice!

Last edited by MN-Born-n-Raised; 04-19-2022 at 05:49 AM..

Old 04-19-2022, 05:36 AM

9,741 posts, read 11,161,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Bobsell posts the same rhetoric in the Work & Employment forum about "catch 22", "McJobs", lack of experience, etc. It appears to be regurgitated for at least the last 2 years (maybe longer). If Bobsell is having a difficult time finding a decent job which pays above minimum wage, the first thing that needs to change is his attitude. Even with many employers practically begging for workers, the chances of them hiring somebody with such a defeatist outlook are slim to none.
I just looked at his posting history. 70% of his posts in multiple threads beat the "catch 22, McJobs, lack of experience" mantra.

He could have saved himself 5,000 posts (while his employer paid for those tidbits of "catch-22" knowledge) by posting this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS9mHUvi9xA

Valley. I noticed you post in the evenings and not on your company's dime. Smart. I work for myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area