Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 10:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,180 times

Advertisements

some of you need a reality check or?? Read my post under "Lets hear it for sheriff joe"
I don't think jails should be a country club- but this man Joe and his cronies are probably lining their pockets with your money...Start checking misappropriations...What an education I have received talking with sheriffs of Maricopa County, the news editors and the internet regarding Sheriff Joe....Also the majority of the illegal immigrants are costing you many tax dollars in this state- Get your reps to pass decent legislation and buck Obama's latest immigration reform-but back it up within the law and not terror for those here legally.... Heaven help a "Sanchez or other hispanic name ending in z" who has been here for generations legally, are also paying taxes with Sheriff Joe at your helm....Since I speak Spanish-maybe I should change my last name and mess with the sheriffs.....
Ridinghorse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 02:15 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,468,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
As all the schools are laying off people~ unemployment skyrocketing~ offices and stores shutting down~ everything in freefall

Sherriff Joe is crying because his lower level deputies didn't get a big enough pay raise this year.
Wah, wah, wah. He is such a jerk.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,336,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin'on View Post
Wah, wah, wah. He is such a jerk.
Really? A Sheriff that is enforcing the laws is a jerk?

Old 05-30-2009, 02:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Libs think so.

(this coming from a lapsed liberal-----------myself)

Old 05-30-2009, 02:50 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,041,350 times
I like some of the Sheriff's ideas, however, what he lacks is the "smarts" to effectively implement those ideas into application and action. This is evident by federal court rulings that his tactics are unconstitutional, a Maricopa County judge warning Sheriff officials that they are on the brink of being held in contempt of court for failing to successfully complete basic duties, and tens of millions of dollars in lawsuit loses. Its kinda like having a sheriff equivalent to President George DUByah Bush!!

Old 05-30-2009, 03:21 PM

824 posts, read 2,341,630 times
Do the accomodations at the "Mesa Hilton" qualify as "Club Med"-like? That is where political contributors to Arpaio get put up when they end up with a little DUI time. Like Jerry Colangelo's daughter.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Doesn't he have some reality TV show now? Perhaps he should stick to enforcing the laws and enforcing pink underwear. Jerk.

Old 05-30-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
Do the accomodations at the "Mesa Hilton" qualify as "Club Med"-like? That is where political contributors to Arpaio get put up when they end up with a little DUI time. Like Jerry Colangelo's daughter.
I hope to NEVER know. One thing I'll give him credit for, he's instilled the fear of God in me when it comes to drinking and driving - PERIOD. Not even one. To this end, he's done his job. The rest of it is pathetic. People dying under his watch and the like...It *is* incentive to never end up in jail here, however. A person literally risks his or her life if taken into custody.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:00 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,134,018 times
Joe is my hero.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:21 PM

824 posts, read 2,341,630 times
Quote:
"It *is* incentive to never end up in jail here, however. A person literally risks his or her life if taken into custody."
Just have your daddy arrange for a fundraising dinner for Arpaio, and you can spend your eleven day Extreme DUI sentence away from Tent City and jail dangers. You also can keep your cell phone, and leave a portion of each day to attend to your personal life. It worked for Mandie Colangelo.

Glen Campbell had to sing at Tent City in exchange for his stay at what MCSO deputies call the Mesa Hilton.

The corruption goes so much further, but frankly, the above is enough for me.

Remember the innocent homeless guy briefly arrested for the rape and murder of a little girl. He was not placed in protective custody, despite his face being plastered all over the news. I think that guy survived his vicious beatings. As I indicated, he was later conclusively excluded as the rapist-killer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area