Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 05:33 PM

1,942 posts, read 4,570,821 times

Advertisements

Ponderosa, if this was in the 1920s, would you give me Euthanasia for drinking wine? I have 8 bottles in my living room at this time. Alcohol is a harder drug than marijuana.

The drug-related kidnappings will get worse and worse the more you crack down on drugs. This failing war on drugs is no surprise to me. The result - lots of kidnappings and deaths, are no surprise for me.

We made the world we live in by forbidding the usage of a substance no more harmful than my wine. The law enforcment made its bed and now must lie down in it.

I have fear of getting in the crossfire sometime. Good thing I'm mostly working outside of Arizona.

I hold the lawmakers responsible for this drug violence by this illegality of a less harmful substance than alcohol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think the increased violence around the human and drug smuggling is a problem. At the moment, it is of little concern to the average citizen, but sooner or later, innocent people are going to be caught in the cross fire. Already, we have gun battles among rival smugglers carrying vans full of illegals. It's been the illegals who get killed, but stray bullets could kill others as well.

It's a border problem at the moment, but I would not be comfortable about this development in any city in the US. Drug smuggling, dealing, cartels etc is not unique to the southwest. These people operate everywhere so the violence is going to spread unless the US starts getting serious about border enforcement (euthanasia for drug addicts who fail treatment would also help). It's not AZ, NM, TX, or CA's job to protect our borders. There's not enough money for schools let alone taking over for the absentee federal government. A fence isn't going to stop it either. We need boots and bullets down here. I saw Napolitano on TV the other day saying the feds were working on a contingency plan in case "things get worse". I guess more of us law abiding citizens are going to have to be killed by illegals before the federal government is going to do its job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 06:38 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
AZnative4Life and Ponderosa:

Your posts are a bit frightening to me. I'm pretty sure that you shouldn't need to arm yourself with weapons as a resident of a large, urban city. Obviously, crimes and murders happen all over, but I do think that this specific issue could be a growing headache for this area, and it will continue to be unless something is done about it. Giving every citizen a gun is absolutely not the way to solve it.

This article, and other news I have heard about this situation, specifically state that it is not only drug-related people being kidnapped. Normal, random people are too... with the intent of extortion/ransom.

Also, I am pretty sure everyone in this forum is on the same team. No need for the angst.
An "article" doesn't make it so. Normal, everyday people are NOT being kidnapped. That is utter nonsense. Of course, why believe the people who live here, none of who can recount hearing anything about "normal" people getting kidnapped? We are all trying to cover this up.

Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Roark View Post
Ponderosa, if this was in the 1920s, would you give me Euthanasia for drinking wine? I have 8 bottles in my living room at this time. Alcohol is a harder drug than marijuana.

Yep, alcohol too. I agree it's just as bad, maybe worse. Anyone who demonstrates they have a drinking problem and continues to menace society despite treatment - gone.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:24 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Nothing to see here folks. Just ignore and let this thread go away. Just another "kidnapping" thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:30 PM

7 posts, read 10,905 times
So can't wait to move to AZ I'm not scared at all and I'm a single mom of 3. Been there plenty of times and have never been fearful. I am a smart woman though I am aware of my surroundings and watchful of my children. I also do believe in God and if it's your time it doesn't matter where you are.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM

97 posts, read 353,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Nothing to see here folks. Just ignore and let this thread go away. Just another "kidnapping" thread
Well, if it's "just another" thread about kidnapping, that must mean that kidnapping an actual problem in this city if it gets talked about so much. I just got back from Phoenix in January and it was very nice... friendly people... etc. When I started this thread, I saw a featured news article on CNN (and then this Reuters one that I posted), so I assumed that this was some sort of new news. I was unaware that kidnapping has always been talked about in this area.

Old 03-08-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Well, if it's "just another" thread about kidnapping, that must mean that kidnapping an actual problem in this city if it gets talked about so much. I just got back from Phoenix in January and it was very nice... friendly people... etc. When I started this thread, I saw a featured news article on CNN (and then this Reuters one that I posted), so I assumed that this was some sort of new news. I was unaware that kidnapping has always been talked about in this area.
No it doesn't get "talked about so much". We just have people like you who repeatedly "bump" this topic by restart threads instead of doing a search. You guys just want attention and want to get a reaction out of people. Funny how guys like you don't want to respond to old threads but rather feel the need to create a new thread each time.

Like I said folks, nothing to see here. Just ignore it and let it die. This is just another kidnapping thread except it's better disguised this time. I'm sure we will have another one soon.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-08-2009 at 08:32 PM..

Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM

1,832 posts, read 5,765,818 times
Quote:
Wow you were here in January well we didn't become #2 overnight. I'm so surprise you got out of Phoenix without being kidnapped. You know will all these articles people are being plucked from their cars all the time. Im so glad you posted this to let everyone know how bad this place is. I can't even leave my house without fear of being kidnapped.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZnative4Life View Post
Wow you were here in January well we didn't become #2 overnight. I'm so surprise you got out of Phoenix without being kidnapped. You know will all these articles people are being plucked from their cars all the time. Im so glad you posted this to let everyone know how bad this place is. I can't even leave my house without fear of being kidnapped.
Just ignore this guy, he is just another person who wants attention and is trying to start trouble. This is just another stupid kidnapping thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:55 PM

97 posts, read 353,297 times
Unfortunately, I am not one of those persons. I have no ill intentions against Phoenix, whatsoever. It is disheartening that you are grouping me in with troll-like users, because I am obviously far from that. I guess the original topic of discuss has been covered.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy berating honest members of this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area