Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:34 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,361,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody7 View Post
That's a remarkable comparison, McVeigh a mass murder vs a Government full of Individuals who are willfully not doing what They swore a oath to carry out. What other Country has this self inflected guilt that it's borders are to be neglected? Any Nation that has given up it's own Self preservation is doomed.
Here's a revalutionary thought, the Citizens of Mexico should restore Their Goverment's duty to ensure their well being.
Timothy McVeigh killed those people to protest his disenchantment with the government. He used that same analogy you did basically suggesting that he was like our fore fathers in that his actions would one day be deemed heroic. The unabomber used a similar line of thinking. The problem occurs when "patriots" and other militia wack jobs interpret the constitution as they see fit and engage in vigilantism. Not suprisingly, they often take liberties with their brand of justice which includes torture and death. It's not a coincidence that most of those people are not college educated and are among the lowest earning people in this country. If they were educated and productive people of society, they wouldn't be wasting their time as they are doing now. We live in a country and we all agree to live by its laws regardless if we disagree with those laws or how the government acts. It's not our job to take up arms and play border patrol. If someone is passionate about enforcing the law then they should LEGALLY get involved with law enforcement. I'm against gun control and I support people's right to bare arms. However, what you are saying is different.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-28-2009 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 04:01 PM

101 posts, read 296,425 times
Default The Mexico violence

It is getting worse. There was another kidnapping here yesterday. Wow that makes it like 4 just this week.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:29 PM

17,916 posts, read 43,579,222 times
And you are getting your information WHERE?????

The impression this is giving, thanks to the national media looking to fill 24/7 news cycles, is SO far off base. We aren't all living in fear of kidnapping here, folks, (those of us who are not in the drug or coyote trade).

Old 04-06-2009, 05:09 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,933,802 times
I think a random sampling of people on the street would yield more lottery winners and persons struck by lightning than the number that even know someone that has been kidnapped. This has to be the most overblown media caused hysteria since Y2K and bird flu were supposed to kill us all.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:45 PM

467 posts, read 1,192,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I think a random sampling of people on the street would yield more lottery winners and persons struck by lightning than the number that even know someone that has been kidnapped. This has to be the most overblown media caused hysteria since Y2K and bird flu were supposed to kill us all.
Hum...
I had the opportunity to coach Ice Hockey in Mexico City back in 1994 and 95. Things were great until the devaluation of the peso hit in the first half of 1995.

During that time, things got so bad, that I had to send my family home because every where we looked, kids were getting kidnapped.

One of the things we did to protect ourselves was to purchase a small bat or club to place in the car.

The reason why I say the car is because generally the kidnapping happens when you are at a red light.

And if you are in heavy traffic, you will see them work in teams. One group at the red light and the second group about 10 cars back.

This ten car back group will look into the car to see if you have anything to protect yourself with or if there is anything of value they can take in the back seat.

If at that time they look into the car and they see a weapon, they will signal to the red light group to let you pass without harm.

Seen it too many times. It just that now that we have a wonderful porus borders with very thief from Mexico living here, maybe it's time to go back to arming myself and my family.

You see, the one thing that Mexican's don't have in Mexico are guns. They are not allowed. This is why everyone has to bat.

However, this is not Mexico. It is the UNited States where we have the right to carry a gun and protect ourselves.

Here's what I recommend. Go get a gun! Then make sure that you have a permit to carry it. Make sure that you get a concealed weapons permit. This way, if you get pulled over by the police, you have the proper paper work.

Then when you get to the 10 car line, you can show it on your lap. I don't recommendthat you start flashing it around because you might draw attention to yourself from the police car in the other lane.

Trust me when I tell you, the Mexican will see it on your lap!

Oh, by the way, a big thank you goes out to Mr. McCain for helping close off the border. For your wonderful and outstanding help with this bring home the so called..."Bacon", you have put the tax payers of your state at risk.

Please remind me in two years to go to the polls and re-elect you again...NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area