Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 09:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,312,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerplunk View Post
Unfortunately, I am not one of those persons. I have no ill intentions against Phoenix, whatsoever. It is disheartening that you are grouping me in with troll-like users, because I am obviously far from that. I guess the original topic of discuss has been covered.

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy berating honest members of this forum.

Like I said, nothing to see here folks. Just ignore

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-08-2009 at 09:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 AM

419 posts, read 1,526,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
There are probably more "kidnapping in AZ" topics posted at C-D than there are non-drug-involved, legal US citizens kidnapped in AZ by crazed Mexican narcotrafficantes or coyotes.

It might be of a little bit more concern to those people who live in border towns, in the same way that we ordinary Los Angeles residents fear gang drive-by shootings, not because we are targets but because gang bangers have such bad aim.

The best advice for AZ residents is to stay away from drug activity and stay away from illegal aliens and places that they frequent.
"stay away from illegal aliens and places that they frequent."

Good luck with that!

Old 03-25-2009, 03:36 PM

522 posts, read 716,483 times
Watch "The First 48" on A&E and then you'll see why folks are bearing arms in PHX.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:14 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,643 times
Default Border problems will continue!

Well, the problems in Phoenix is all because of porus borders. When is McCain going to get the money to help build this border fence? Oh, I forgot, that would be considered "Pork" and he doesn't bring home those things for the state.

So, the result of his inability to act, we have high crime rate and it will continue to rise because million get through each year.
Here just take a few minutes to review this Video.

YouTube - Breaking into the USA - Mexico

Yes it only four people, but Millions have passed this way. When is it going to stop? I say never! What we need to do is invade Mexico and take it over. They have lot of oil and great beaches. Plus, if we make it a large state, then we went from a 4,500 mile border to a 500 mile border down at Honduras.

We will never get rid of this problem until someone really stops and cares about the tax payers in Arizona. Is it Janet? NO! She didn't do anything while she was around. Is it MCain? NO! He has already to use that he doesn't bring home pork to help the state...as he laughs, while he gets a pay check. WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's time to get rid of him and put someone in charge that will control the crime rate and fix the border.

The President last night talked about more money for schools and more money for healthcare. Here's my two cents.

Dear Mr. President.

If you want more money for schools and more money for healthcare. Then stop the illegals from using the schools and the healthcare system!

Your truly
Arizona Tax Payer.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,147,509 times
The problems are caused by porous borders plus lack of any serious enforcement on employers hiring aliens. The aliens wouldn't come to America if they couldn't get work.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:58 PM

467 posts, read 1,190,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
The problems are caused by porous borders plus lack of any serious enforcement on employers hiring aliens. The aliens wouldn't come to America if they couldn't get work.
Well, for about $50.00 on the street, you can get a Social Security number and Green card. Once you have these, you can get a drivers license and a bank account.

Once you have these, you can buy a house, get a car and start a business....all for $50.00!

The number of illegals coming across the border is NOT an immigration, but an invasion.

When is it going to stop Mr. McCain? When a vigilanty starts taking care of this for you? Is that what you want?

When do we as tax payers start taking back the security of our state? Yes, I here you saying...we don't. But when the borders are so porus that anyone with a dirty nuke comes across this secure border (over the mountain range) and light one off. Is this when something will finally happen?

Wake up! It always seems to work like this. We sit back and train all the Saudi's with open arms and then they drive planes right into building and then we stop and say...Where did we go wrong?

Well, when the day comes when they light off that dirty bomb, then and only then will people in this state finally stop and fix the problem. Yes, McCain, that means you!

Old 03-26-2009, 08:46 PM

219 posts, read 764,636 times
Just a thought. Our Founding Fathers during the day were called vigilante's, traitors, and the like.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:51 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,158,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Head coach View Post
Well, for about $50.00 on the street, you can get a Social Security number and Green card. Once you have these, you can get a drivers license and a bank account.

Once you have these, you can buy a house, get a car and start a business....all for $50.00!

The number of illegals coming across the border is NOT an immigration, but an invasion.

When is it going to stop Mr. McCain? When a vigilanty starts taking care of this for you? Is that what you want?

When do we as tax payers start taking back the security of our state? Yes, I here you saying...we don't. But when the borders are so porus that anyone with a dirty nuke comes across this secure border (over the mountain range) and light one off. Is this when something will finally happen?

Wake up! It always seems to work like this. We sit back and train all the Saudi's with open arms and then they drive planes right into building and then we stop and say...Where did we go wrong?

Well, when the day comes when they light off that dirty bomb, then and only then will people in this state finally stop and fix the problem. Yes, McCain, that means you!
For whatever it is worth: the illegal aliens are definitely thinner on the ground here compared to even late 2007. Between the employer sanctions law, Sheriff Joe as well as our swooning economy----------attitudes here are hardening against aiding and abetting the above.

PS: I self identify as a Liberal----------until gun rights and illegal immigration are mentioned then I turn hard right.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,312,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody7
Just a thought. Our Founding Fathers during the day were called vigilante's, traitors, and the like.
Timothy McVeigh used that line to justify his action in the OKC bombing.

Last edited by azriverfan.; 03-27-2009 at 01:30 AM..

Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 AM

245 posts, read 545,836 times
It is nothing like the media makes it out to be. It is soooo exagerated. I feel very safe and yes there are drug dealers here and ect.. but they wont just randomly kidnap people and shoot any one they see. Just use common sense.. I actually feel safer in Phoenix and Mexico for that matter than in Detroit or St Louis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area