Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:58 PM

16 posts, read 102,180 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone I am a newbie here. I just purchased a home in Queen creek at Ironwood crossing. The community is still being built and my home won't be ready for about 6 months. The thing is my HOA dues are $116 a month! They said $68 is for common maintance and the rest is sewer and trash so my water bill will be just water. Does this still sound high to you? If any one else lives in QC what are your HOA dues like? The community is still under construction and there are future plans to build a community pool along with a full aquatics center. Do you think the dues will get lowered once there are more people in the community and houses built?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM

157 posts, read 422,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffers1982 View Post
Hi everyone I am a newbie here. I just purchased a home in Queen creek at Ironwood crossing. The community is still being built and my home won't be ready for about 6 months. The thing is my HOA dues are $116 a month! They said $68 is for common maintance and the rest is sewer and trash so my water bill will be just water. Does this still sound high to you? If any one else lives in QC what are your HOA dues like? The community is still under construction and there are future plans to build a community pool along with a full aquatics center. Do you think the dues will get lowered once there are more people in the community and houses built?
I never heard of any HOA that lowered their fees. As far as I know their raise them every year.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:31 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times
i too have never really heard of things getting cheaper

however, you do have a right to see a breakdown on how your dues are being spent

show up to meeting, elect board officials, etc - if a cost seems unreasonable, then challenge it during a meeting - they have that responsibility to you

$68/mo seems a little high, but it will also depend on what they are maintaining - i would also look to see what will happen to the dues when they do build out the waterpark, etc that will take even more maintenance (maybe scale of having more dues payers will level it out and not create a big bump)

Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,853 times
I have been to the same development and could not get a straight answer. I asked the Fulton sales rep when the aquatics center would be built and not answer. I also asked for the disbursement of the HOA dues and again not a straight answer.
Be careful, not sure how Fultons Bankruptcy will effect how they do things in Ironwood.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:38 PM

16 posts, read 102,180 times
Default Hoa dues

They told me the aquatics center should be built by next year.Do you think that $50 is what the average sewer and trash bill is in this area?

Old 05-27-2009, 03:45 PM

609 posts, read 2,117,853 times
We are currently in QC not far away. The water runs about $70 a month without lawn, and garbage is $12.50. Only two in the house.

I would not bet on the aquatics center in a year. It is a big dollar project and in this economy and with slow sales, not likely to happen

Old 05-27-2009, 03:46 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,218,456 times
also remember that HOAs are a non-profit organization - as such their financials may be available in places like guidestar.org

i can't speak on the average sewer & trash bill in Queen Creek - but that doesn't seem unreasonable

as a member of the HOA though you do have a right to be provided with an accounting of expenses - the board does have a fiduciary duty to it's members

Old 05-27-2009, 05:16 PM

4,511 posts, read 13,577,892 times
AZ law requires the HOA to provide financial information to a homeowner (or buyer in escrow) within 10 days of written notice.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:26 PM

157 posts, read 422,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrcm View Post
AZ law requires the HOA to provide financial information to a homeowner (or buyer in escrow) within 10 days of written notice.
True but tiffers1982 is not the owner yet.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,692,946 times
Good advice and suggestion here, Tiffers.

Generally speaking, HOA dues are based on expenses plus a set amount is required to establish a reserve to cover major repairs, etc. More homeowners will equal more income but also more expenses which are constantly increasing.

As others have suggested . . . GET INVOLVED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area